Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DSIII:Ashes of Ariandel discussion (Spoilers!)

Evanescent

Got to play and finish the DLC on my cousin's X-Bone this holiday, wanted to share my thoughts.

FRIEDA. MMMMMM.

YES.

THAT MOVESET GAVE ME AN ICE-HOT BONER.

First time I've switched over from Farron's Greatsword, I think.

Cleared it on New game+ with a dex/strength hybrid and Farron's Greatsword+10 Soul level 120 ish I think. Was decently hard, but felt really short.

What about you guys?

2 hours ago, Evanescent said:
2 hours ago, Evanescent said:

That rapier and quill combo is great too, but I didn't have the mats to get it above +6

D:

Quotes are acting out on mobile again. I have 300k souls on standby. I'll get all the weapons I listed to at least +4 or +9. Only problem is the slabs

I was able to play yesterday and its very exciting. I'm at the corvian settlement and I hate these things with the claws. One scared the living daylights out of me when it dropped on top my shoulder and just started ripping, killing me. Lots of suspense and when you think you're safe in an area where corvians walking lackadaisically and thinking you can relax cause they are hardly a threat, then comes a cloaked enemy like the ones with the claws but surprises you with throwing ninja stars. I just love it! 

I made a detour to the left and did not cross the bridge and went to the next corvian settlement bonfire. It feels like the bridge is going to collapse. Are there a lot of suspense in the dlc, like are there bonfire mimics, or stair mimics? 

And it begins.

kDSL6Fi.jpg

gjBLlXY.jpg

nhgn59J.jpg

YNwaG5r.jpg

22 hours ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

I was able to play yesterday and its very exciting. I'm at the corvian settlement and I hate these things with the claws. One scared the living daylights out of me when it dropped on top my shoulder and just started ripping, killing me. Lots of suspense and when you think you're safe in an area where corvians walking lackadaisically and thinking you can relax cause they are hardly a threat, then comes a cloaked enemy like the ones with the claws but surprises you with throwing ninja stars. I just love it! 

I made a detour to the left and did not cross the bridge and went to the next corvian settlement bonfire. It feels like the bridge is going to collapse. Are there a lot of suspense in the dlc, like are there bonfire mimics, or stair mimics? 

And it begins.

kDSL6Fi.jpg

gjBLlXY.jpg

nhgn59J.jpg

YNwaG5r.jpg

Nah, haven't seen any mimcs in my playtime. The Corvian Kinights can wreck you if you aren't careful. Have you done the tower with the milwood knights yet?

1 hour ago, Evanescent said:

Nah, haven't seen any mimcs in my playtime. The Corvian Kinights can wreck you if you aren't careful. Have you done the tower with the milwood knights yet?

Oh so there are no bonfire mimics? That's good to know. I don't watch videos of the dlc, so I'm playing blind which is how I would prefer. 

I had just defeated Sir Vilhem and I cleared that fourth(?) bonfire going to more snowy pass. I have not encountered the Millwood knights yet. 

I feel sad that this would be the last of the Dark Souls series. I wish there would be a Bloodborne 2 or any other follow up dlc to the Old Hunter. Or a new game from FROMSoftware. 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Oh so there are no bonfire mimics? That's good to know. I don't watch videos of the dlc, so I'm playing blind which is how I would prefer. 

I had just defeated Sir Vilhem and I cleared that fourth(?) bonfire going to more snowy pass. I have not encountered the Millwood knights yet. 

I feel sad that this would be the last of the Dark Souls series. I wish there would be a Bloodborne 2 or any other follow up dlc to the Old Hunter. Or a new game from FROMSoftware. 

Oh there will be a new game.

I hope for Bloodborne 2.

To meet the knights find the tall tower by skirting around the first area where the snow falls in  and the wolves gang up on you. It's around the cliff where you first meet the huge wolf.

23 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

Oh there will be a new game.

I hope for Bloodborne 2.

To meet the knights find the tall tower by skirting around the first area where the snow falls in  and the wolves gang up on you. It's around the cliff where you first meet the huge wolf.

Got it. Thank you! I know where it is now.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Now that I thought I completed the dlc, I watched VaatiVidya's video "15 Secrets of Ariandel" and Oh did I missed a lot. Okay - ALL of Them! Guess I'm not done at all. 

I didn't know of the two other Titanite slabs at first either!

Beaten the thing as SL130 character on NG+10.

Died ~30 times through the whole DLC. Every single enemy in the DLC with the exception of Sir Vinhelm and corvians (the crappy ones) has killed me at least twice.

I'm really trying to finish the DLC 2nd time but i reload my save before i even reach the 2nd bonfire. I just cant figure out a build / fashion with which i would be comfortable with. Yesterday i spent 8 hours near Rosaria experimenting with builds and dashion. Nothing. Urgh.

3 hours ago, Artek94 said:

Beaten the thing as SL130 character on NG+10.

Died ~30 times through the whole DLC. Every single enemy in the DLC with the exception of Sir Vinhelm and corvians (the crappy ones) has killed me at least twice.

I'm really trying to finish the DLC 2nd time but i reload my save before i even reach the 2nd bonfire. I just cant figure out a build / fashion with which i would be comfortable with. Yesterday i spent 8 hours near Rosaria experimenting with builds and dashion. Nothing. Urgh.

30 times is not bad. I'm sure I died more than that. But I was surprised to clear the final boss with just 3 tries - with luck at my side.

I'm starting new game plus 3 and I'm having the same issue of build and going to Rosaria for a new face and I just can't get the look I wanted. I share your frustration.