Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Optimal focus lensing?

Zyba

Question

What is currently thought to be optimized setup for focus farming?

I now have a sortie lens on titania and just go ham with her razorwing when doing heirocon and it tends to yield ok results but I'm hearing stealth solo is worlds faster.

If I were to buy a greater lens or two for stealth farming, where should they go:

Banshee and a Tigris Prime yo ensure stealth range 1shots for a full extermination?

Inaros and a finisher melee (rakta dark dagger or sancti magistar probably) for sand finishers on any mission type?

Equinox and a melee for webby sleep build? 

Keep waiting for ivara?

Something else altogether?

6 answers to this question

personally, there are 2 ways to get focus: 

on a dmg frame (1 greater lens) or on a stealth frame with a 1-shot stealth weapon (2 greater lenses) 

on my dmg, I use ember. do EXT, pick up the convergence and walk around burning enemies. just do your everyday alerts, missions, invasions...etc. you'll get about 1k-2k a mission (depends on faction, build..etc) 

for stealth, I use loki with tigris prime. loki has the invisibility augment to make any weapon silent, which is HUGE, people don't seem to know how good this augment is. you can stealth farm anything with this

I usually get around 6-8k focus doing grineer SAB/EXT mission with this stealth method

other good dmg focus lens frames are Mesa. I use her to focus farm on sorties. generally eximus sorties is a good way to get focus, though they're rare, since they need a specific map and faction 

Edited by GinKenshin

Ivara and Orthos Prime.

With a booster, Telesto (Grineer Galleon Exterminate) on Saturn gives me between 30,000 and 55,000 Focus per run depending on the number and distribution of enemy types and takes about 8 minutes to complete. That's between 15,000 and 28,000 Focus per run without a booster.

2 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

Ivara and Orthos Prime.

With a booster, Telesto (Grineer Galleon Exterminate) on Saturn gives me between 30,000 and 55,000 Focus per run depending on the number and distribution of enemy types and takes about 8 minutes to complete. That's between 15,000 and 28,000 Focus per run without a booster.

While I personally prefer the 2 lens combo Loki with weapon Stealth kill chains, Ivara is often a better choice in that she can put large crowds of enemies to sleep to maintain stealth with greater speed to completion. Especially now that Exterminate missions seems buggy and lots of map tiles are full to bursting with enemies  that can be alerted if they are killed in front of each other.

2 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

Ivara and Orthos Prime.

Why orthos prime? Is there something special about its finisher or are you just swinging it and 1shotting stuff with regular, wide range swings?

8 minutes ago, Zyba said:

Why orthos prime? Is there something special about its finisher or are you just swinging it and 1shotting stuff with regular, wide range swings?

Just swinging it and one-shotting things with regular wide-range swings. Taking out a whole group with a single swing gets you through more enemies while the Convergence buff is active, and the long reach lets you walk not as far down dead ends to reach enemies before turning back.