Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overwatch is the Worst Competitive Shooter.

artemisfortune

There are 4-5 viable characters, 2 of which are nearly unbeatable unless the entire team comes together and focuses, which pretty much discounts ever doing any kind of solo play.

The gameplay doesn't consist of skill or ability, as anyone who picks a character who takes some semblance of ability to use is screamed at in the chat and blamed for any short comings.

It's another successful marketing ploy by blizzard, and if it was made by anyone else, it wouldn't be the "titan" that it is. The other games in the genre are much better, and better balanced, and 2 of them are free.

If you're thinking about buying it, don't. At least don't on PC. It's more toxic than I've ever seen LoL or CS:GO be, it's mostly RNG based as you're just blindly firing into crowds, and it's impossible to do good in a solo queue. It's a terrible game, and I give it a 3/10.

I hate Overwatch.

Edited by JSharpie

1 hour ago, JSharpie said:

If you're thinking about buying it, don't.

Too late, a IRL friend who I later discovered to be a blizzbot tricked me into buying it. Played it 4 hours or so before I gave up on it, overrated as hell.

Worst game purchase I have done in a long time.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)AngelShur said:

But why...for at the beginning of this year.. it was the best thing ever! 

I mostly dislike the community because it's...sheesh.

While overwatch looks fun, I don't think skill is required to be good at this game. Pick for example, Bastion and ult away.

1. "Overwatch is the Worst Competitive Shooter"

prqUWGB.gif

seriously, calm the hell down

19 hours ago, JSharpie said:

as anyone who picks a character who takes some semblance of ability to use is screamed at in the chat and blamed for any short comings.

well that really isn't the devs' fault, there'll always be people who desperately want to win and are unwilling to blame themselves for any short comings, it's human nature, and from my own experience, no one ever used a mic anyways, and if i've encountered any toxicity, i just use my trusty mute button and go about my business

19 hours ago, JSharpie said:

It's another successful marketing ploy by blizzard

must everything done by a AAA dev be construed as some kind of evil scheme to split people from their wallets? 

I got sick of it pretty quickly. Tried the beta, loved it, got the Origins edition, everything was fine... and then Blizzard tried to balance the game, and I got sick of it, on top of the matchmaking being awful and there only being like maybe 10 maps and I hate a good 50-75% of them, I just ran out fuel. I got like 40 or so hours in the game before I got tired of it at least.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, -skimmer- said:

It may be overhyped but I would certainly watch a full movie of it.

That's the thing, the marketing and presentation is quite good, the characters stories are likable, the hidden lore in the maps are interesting to find and that's about it. Actually playing the game isn't rewarding at all.

15 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

That's the thing, the marketing and presentation is quite good, the characters stories are likable, the hidden lore in the maps are interesting to find and that's about it. Actually playing the game isn't rewarding at all.

Hmm, its really hard to actually disagree. I myself stopped playing after only few hours.

Still, its kinda fun to play it casually in quick play and in short bursts just to zip around in the enemy back as tracer and annoy their widows...but I cant really imagine myself commiting myself to that game more than that...besides watching their animated shorts ofc. Im still a fan.

Edited by -skimmer-