Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status Chance and Shotguns

Callback

Question

So I had read (and seen video "proof") about the magical breakpoint of 100%, where rounding and reverse calculation caused the per-pellet chance to also skyrocket to 100%.  I thought I'd try it out.

It doesn't work.  I hit my 100% and still only get 1-2 procs per shot.

Am I doing something wrong?  Is there some secret to the 100% status shotgun I'm missing?  Does it have to hit 100% before multishot is factored in?

Edited by Callback

16 answers to this question

So the equation for status procs is this (pulled from the Wiki)

Status Triggered = Number of Pellets × (1 − (1 − Status Chance)(1 ÷ Number of Pellets))

for a regular gun with a 25% status chance, that would be  

X=1 pellet x (1-(1-.25)(1-1) ) and that would still equal .25 or 25% for a status to be applied on each pellet of 1

but for shotguns, its a little different because each shot has multiple pellets

so using the Vaykor hek (as example) at base status chance of 25% status chance and 7 pellets per shot

X= 7 pellets x (1-(1-.25)(1/7) ) and that equals .2818 meaning that .2818 pellets per shot will apply a status

try 99% status chance

X= 7 pellets x (1-(1-.99)(1/7)  equaling 3.3743 meaning that 3.3743 pellets per shot will apply a status proc

at 100% status chance

X= 7 pellets x (1-(1-1)(1/7)  equaling 7 meaning that 7 pellets per shot will apply a status

52 minutes ago, Callback said:

Does it have to hit 100% before multishot is factored in?

since the number of pellets is what is being effected by multishot, it is calculated before hand.

Edited by (PS4)Elctrcstel

1 minute ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

So the equation for status procs is this

Status Triggered = Number of Pellets × (1 − (1 − Status Chance)(1 ÷ Number of Pellets))

for a regular gun with a 25% status chance, that would be  

X=1 pellet x (1-(1-.25)(1-1)  and that would still equal .25 or 25% for a status to be applied on each pellet of 1

but for shotguns, its a little different because each shot has multiple pellets

so using the Vaykor hek (as example) at base status chance of 25% status chance and 7 pellets per shot

X= 7 pellets x (1-(1-.25)(1/7) ) and that equals .2818 meaning that .2818 pellets per shot will apply a status

try 99% status chance

X= 7 pellets x (1-(1-.99)(1/7)  equaling 3.3743 meaning that 3.3743 pellets per shot will apply a status proc

at 100% status chance

X= 7 pellets x (1-(1-1)(1/7)  equaling 7 meaning that 7 pellets per shot will apply a status

since the number of pellets is what is being effected by multishot, it is calculated in at the same time.

Well I got the stat screen to show 100% status chance, but my gun is still throwing out mostly blank numbers in the shot.  No proc on them.

8 minutes ago, bl4ckhunter said:

what gun it is?

I figured I'd try doing it on a SJ Hek since it has the highest pellet count.  Base 25% chance.  4 status mods and both multishots has it claiming 100 but not acting like it.

Edited by Callback

4 minutes ago, Callback said:

I figured I'd try doing it on a SJ Hek since it has the highest pellet count.  Base 25.  4 status mods and both multishots has it claiming 100 but not acting like it.

thats because the UI isn't expanded enough. SJ Hek cannot actually hit 100% status

Spoiler

image.jpg

even adding Shotgun savvy took it to 99.998% chance. but adding those other mods take away from your damage output in the end.

best thing to build SJ Hek for is straight up Dmg.if you want a Status Shotty-go for Tigris Prime, Boar Prime, Strun Wraith

8 minutes ago, Callback said:

I figured I'd try doing it on a SJ Hek since it has the highest pellet count.  Base 25% chance.  4 status mods and both multishots has it claiming 100 but not acting like it.

It's calculated before multishot and you can't do it with 25% base chance, you need a weapon with base 30% unless you use the acolite status chance mod becouse 25+240% = 85% not 100%

the status chance in the UI is the probability of at least 1 pellet proccing per shot and it gives you 100% becouse it's calculated like this, (1-(85/100)^30)*100 = 99.2, why the ui is rouding it to 100 i don't know but that's it.

17 minutes ago, Callback said:

Yeah, 25% status chance isn't enough.

The tooltip may say 100% after multishot is added but it's incorrect.

Multishot only increases the number of pellets to get that 85% chance to proc.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

thats because the UI isn't expanded enough. SJ Hek cannot actually hit 100% status

Hide contents

image.jpg

even adding Shotgun savvy took it to 99.998% chance. but adding those other mods take away from your damage output in the end.

best thing to build SJ Hek for is straight up Dmg.if you want a Status Shotty-go for Tigris Prime, Boar Prime, Strun Wraith

So the "before multishot" thing was right.

Edited by Callback

Before or after multishot is irrelevant to the question we are asking here.  That question is will every pellet from my shotgun shot proc?  Yes or no?  In our equation the answer to that question is governed by the part (1 - status chance).  If this is non-zero then the answer is "no" but if and only if it is zero then the answer changes to "yes".

Nothing about the pellet count can make that be zero.  Only status chance of 100% does that.  So what is status chance?  It is a weapon's base status plus any increases from status mods.

30% base + 4x 18% = 102%

The above means that the Tigris Prime and the Boar Prime can achieve 100% status chance with four 60% status mods.

40% base + 3x 24% = 112%

The above means that the Strun Wraith needs 3 60% status mods to get to our magic number.

25% base + 4x 15% = 85%

The above tells us that no shotgun with a base of 25% or less can get there with only the four 60% mods.

So with all that said, it is always best to say to get 100% status before multishot.  The reason for this is that the game UI does wonky things with shotguns + multishot + status.  If some one is looking at this in the UI that wonkiness can be misleading and its just best to avoid that.