Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I've been thinking

Rezi-Prime

Question

I've been thinking about my Main account, "Snivy116."

First of all, I know everyone might be thinking that I'm pouting about this.

But it's been nearly one year since it got suspended 'till 2035.

Ok, Here was the situation back in 2015. My IRL friend asked me if he can play my Warframe. I said go ahead.

I made a mistake leaving the spot to go to my restroom.

When I came back and checked my Warframe, I was suspended 'till January 01, 2035 due to breaking the License of Agreement. I never break any sort of thing like this in my life, ever. I never used hacks, cheats, or glitches on any game. But when I saw that notification, I was traumatized.

Now the reason I'm bringing this back up is that I decided to go back to play Warframe again with my Useless alt account, but whenever I see Warframe, I get infuriated by how they keep replying back the same message 2 times before they done something that I can't even access the Support with my Main account.

I kept on trying to access the Support desk, but I can't.

I was thinking about posting this a while ago, seeing how this is unfair. But this is probably nothing to others. But I really want my Main account back, I'm so despereate to get my Main account back. It's really hard to think straight without how unfair this was back in 2015. 

Please, DE, give my main account back. I have never used any cheats or anything, I didn't even thinking of searching that up. Please Dev, give my Main account.

8 answers to this question

I don't want to sound rude but actually it is all your fault. It is your account and no matter what happens, if rules were broken via this account then it will be banned.

Even if it was your friend:

1. You can't prove that. We can think that you're just lying and want your account back after hacking.
  2. You allowed this ''friend'' to use your device and this means that no matter what happens during the time while this ''friend'' is using the device, everything done there will technically be done by you since you agreed to the friend to use the device.

I know it is hard, I personally made some similar experience, but now you learned a lesson: Don't give your device to people while your personal accounts are still logged in.

Regarding all the Ban-thingy policy .... I'm thinking about moving abroad and, with it, a new IP and Location, so: Will I get banned if I log in from this different country ? How can I avoid this ?

I mean, the system might think it's not me, etc, etc ... Should I get in contact with Help Desk if/when I move ?

9 minutes ago, MrM1 said:

I don't want to sound rude but actually it is all your fault. It is your account and no matter what happens, if rules were broken via this account then it will be banned.

Even if it was your friend:

1. You can't prove that. We can think that you're just lying and want your account back after hacking.
  2. You allowed this ''friend'' to use your device and this means that no matter what happens during the time while this ''friend'' is using the device, everything done there will technically be done by you since you agreed to the friend to use the device.

I know it is hard, I personally made some similar experience, but now you learned a lesson: Don't give your device to people while your personal accounts are still logged in.

Sure, it's his fault, but I just want to correct one thing: the account is not his, it's DE's

Just gonna paste the EULA text here:

b.     All rights and title in and to the Software, the Game, the Service, the Site, your Account and all content included therein (including, without limitation, Accounts, computer code, titles, objects, artifacts, characters, character names, locations, location names, stories, storylines, dialogue, catch phrases, artwork, graphics, structural or landscape designs, animations, sounds, musical compositions and recordings, audio-visual works, character likenesses, and methods of operation) are owned by Digital Extremes or its licensors.

Edited by Emulad0or

7 minutes ago, Emulad0or said:

Sure, it's his fault, but I just want to correct one thing: the account is not his, it's DE's

Yeah but I meant to say ''his'' because he is the only one to legally use this account to play warframe.

But yeah, thank you for pointing that out.

Edited by MrM1

That part from the EULA is them claiming ownership of the content to prevent theft. Ownership belongs to DE of the content, but the account is restricted to one person's use In a legal standpoint, it is their account to use. So the account is "owned" by the user because the contract of use is between DE and the user, DE just reserves the right to terminate the account. Taken from the ToUA:

You, as creator of your Account and User ID, are solely responsible for your User ID. Digital Extremes will not tolerate offensive or obscene User IDs. If a User ID violates any part of these terms, DE may immediately, temporarily, or permanently ban such a User ID, with or without notice. The creation of alternate accounts will be handled on a case by case basis, and we reserve the right to remove accounts used to circumvent any form of restrictions to the game or the Service including the official Warframe forums.

Digital Extremes is not responsible for any misuse of your Account or your User ID, you agree to accept all risks of unauthorized access to your Account and to hold Digital Extremes harmless from and against any improper use of your Account or your User ID, including, but not limited to, improper use by someone to whom you revealed your password.

Please note that, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your User ID and password, and you agree to notify us if your password is lost, stolen, or disclosed to an unauthorized third party, or otherwise may have been compromised. You are solely responsible for all activities and transactions that occur under your Account (including purchases and charges, as applicable), and Digital Extremes is not responsible for any unauthorized use of your account, including without limitation in the event that your password is stolen or revealed to a third party. You agree to immediately notify Digital Extremes of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security in relation to the Website, the Use/Service or the Game known to you by submitting a ticket to Support.  Digital Extremes provides you with the choice to change your password in order to safeguard your Account.

The Account you create is personal to you and Digital Extremes does not allow the transfer of user Accounts.  You shall not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or make any such offer, and any attempt shall be null and void.  Any distribution by you of your Account and/or your Login Credentials (except as expressly provided herein or otherwise explicitly approved of by Digital Extremes) may result in suspension or termination of your Account.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

doesn't really sound like a friend to me.

31 minutes ago, .Zefir said:

Regarding all the Ban-thingy policy .... I'm thinking about moving abroad and, with it, a new IP and Location, so: Will I get banned if I log in from this different country ? How can I avoid this ?

I mean, the system might think it's not me, etc, etc ... Should I get in contact with Help Desk if/when I move ?

if your drastically different IP address causes protection to activate, talk to Support and they'll fix it up for you.

The fact that they haven't given you back your account ='s they found something that was worthy of banning - Therefore your Main is Perma-Banned.

And Really - You stepped away to use the bathroom and came back and your account was banned????  Is that like - My Dog ate my Homework?

Anyways - Banned accounts is between Support and you only - I'm out!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed "inb4lock" m3m3

This sounds like WAY more than simply allowing your buddy to play. DE has little way of knowing someone else is playing your account -short of a US player suddenly logging in from an IP address in say....Thailand?- nor do I feel that they would particularly care under most circumstances. I mean, one of my buddies, and roommate at the time, wanted to try out one of the frames I had, it was a awhile ago so don't remember which one, and we were going to run a defense. We had computers in the same abode, so we just swapped for the mission so he could try them out. DE seems to fall into the category of most game companies, where they only really care under 1 to 3 reasons. 1 is when you have way too many people pinging an account from too many IP addresses. Having a bunch of players playing one account is simply bad security, and say I have 15ish people playing my account. I've dropped a couple hundreds of dollars into cosmetics, so 15 people not needing to invest cash to individually buy those cosmetics could hurt DE on a more massive scale. The second reason is closer kind of close to 1, but it is a legitimately entirely different reason. DE does have software that alerts support staff when you start pinging all over the place IP address wise. This can mean 2 things; either someone stole or phished your account log in, and they want to help you get it back, or you sold that info, which is against the EULA. The third reason is more along what I imagine got you banned. There are destructively stupid and stupidly destructive people out there. They don't have respect for the game or those playing it. They would ordinarily get banned on their own account, but now, you have given them your account, and they get you banned. DE, and companies as a whole, usually don't like to remove dedicated, possibly paying players from their games. Even non-paying players might get a friend involved who might drop money, so having more players just simply means having a healthier community AND the possibility at $$$. DE doesn't want you sharing crap, because people are stupid, and they can do stupid things with your stuff.