Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gameplay for disabled person request

Kitsushadow

I'm not really sure where this should go, so I'm going to post it here.

Our team lead would never post here, even though I think he probably should. He's got tunnel vision. Literally. No peripheral vision at all, and games with flight dynamics tend to make him nauseous because of it. He does well enough in regular Warframe, but the Archwing portions are impossible for him to play, because he can't force the gameplay character to keep to a "down" orientation, no matter how artificial it might be in the situation. Some deep-space AW missions aren't too bad, if there's no obvious "down". But it still causes issues eventually. As a result, our group basically doesn't do the AW missions at all, so as to not exclude a friend from the gameplay. But I was wondering if - seeing as how support was added a while back for the color-blind, if an option to force a "down" orientation like you used to have could be added to the AW missions?

I'm not sure if that's really a solution, or if a better one exists, but I find it sad that someone I know is prevented from enjoying the full potential of the game he enjoys because of a physical disability.

I'm playing devil's advocate here but that's a pretty large change from the direction of Archwing they're trying to go. It's space, down doesn't exist and forcing a down orientation with the current controls wouldn't work. I don't see how lack of peripheral affects that but even if what you say is true (and not the cynic inside me saying it's a clever ruse to try and get old archwing controls back) then DE would be expected to accommodate for every disability. It's a drastic change that would undermine the direction they want to take to cater to a very small demographic. Having a physical disability sucks, but some of us are just dealt S#&$ hands and we have to deal with that.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally think they should do away with the rolling and keep us mostly upright like most space action games and not try to be so simulatory.

Try more like ZoE2 or Gundam Encounters in Space which were two of my favorite games back on the ps2. Two games I think whoever is in charge of archwing should play.

I honestly prefered the old archwing movement before the revamp.

Edited by Sikelh