Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

mara detron mod

Dima19U

Question

8 answers to this question

It's very worth it for any enemy with shields (Corpus) but not so much others.

I didn't do calculations based on non-shields health type but it actually scales better than Vulcan Blitz when dealing with Corpus.

I imagine you'd be better off with status against armor but it's prolly still worth while on Infested.

8 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

It's very worth it for any enemy with shields (Corpus) but not so much others.

I didn't do calculations based on non-shields health type but it actually scales better than Vulcan Blitz when dealing with Corpus.

I imagine you'd be better off with status against armor but it's prolly still worth while on Infested.

Wouldn't it be the other way around? The mod uses HP to add more damage, and shields don't count AFAIK. I thought that it'd be the most effective vs the infested.

I use it just because I like blowing up huge groups of cannon fodder.

From personal experience it seems to become less useful against infested and grineer around the level 30-35 mark. Below that you pretty much nuke groups if they're close enough. Now I don't know the exact levels since I haven't done actual testing but this is sort of what it feels like. Obviously for better results kill the enemy with the highest maximum health when shooting at groups.

Against corpus it works a bit better but I feel like the radiation damage makes the shots themselves a fair amount less useful.

For starchart levels I would definitely recommend it but for something like sorties I'd suggest trying it out once yourself. It could work pretty well against corpus but you probably don't want to use it on the other factions at that level.

2 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

Wouldn't it be the other way around? The mod uses HP to add more damage, and shields don't count AFAIK. I thought that it'd be the most effective vs the infested.

shields actually do count in for the detron mod but not for the jat kittag and sobek ones.

bug maybe? some guy on forum had made the calculations to prove it

7 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

shields actually do count in for the detron mod but not for the jat kittag and sobek ones.

bug maybe? some guy on forum had made the calculations to prove it

That's some weird stuff going on there. In that case yes, it'd be better on shielded targets I guess.

13 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

Well even if it didn't work for shields as @Hemmo67 said. if you compare the mods directly against even the smallest HP unit for Corpus a Detron Creman for example has 50 HP and 150 Shields, most Corpus keep their ratio through scaling.

So you kill that Creman and do 50 * 0.40 = 20 Magnetic damage which is +75% against shields at 35 Damage which is 70% of that Creman's HP while Blitz is 60%. I'm not counting the added damage the mods cause since that doesn't really scale.

It's prolly good against Infested given they're pure HP targets I've just not tried it.