Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could the Lotus finally stop repeating stuff ?

Enno69

Hello to all, dunno if you agree with me, but I have enough, more than enough, of the Lotus constantly repeating the same phrases during missions - what we should do, that we have been spotted, that we should unlock the doors... Jeez, we already now those things. By greatly increasing the feeling of repetitiveness, this audio works like a complete atmosphere killer to me. And I can't completely mute her since she occasionnaly says useful stuff, especially during quests. Seems like an easy fix for the devs, if enough people ask for it.

Any comment ?

I wouldn't kill any of her transmissions, since you never know when it'll come useful.

Yes, of course, if you see a locked door it's straightforward, but for new players it's not, or even you, after a couple hundred missions, can miss something pretty obvious. Or you're too far away.

These transmissions exist to increase awareness of the situation in case someone misses any of them.

If you don't want to hear mission objectives, you can turn them off in the Settings panel.

21 hours ago, at35z said:

I wouldn't kill any of her transmissions, since you never know when it'll come useful.

Yes, of course, if you see a locked door it's straightforward, but for new players it's not, or even you, after a couple hundred missions, can miss something pretty obvious. Or you're too far away.

These transmissions exist to increase awareness of the situation in case someone misses any of them.

If you don't want to hear mission objectives, you can turn them off in the Settings panel.

Thing is, outside of quests and the orbiter, she rarely seems to say the unobvious stuff - the only common exceptions I can think about is when she warns you about low O2 level in Sabotage missions, and when foes take over a tower in Interception. Otherwise there are a bunch of stuff that you might to be aware off (for ex when the opponents are coming from instead of the generic "grineers are underway" or stuff). And the tone of her voice just kills me after a while. And, as said, I don't want to silence her completely, as unlike Ordis and the Operator she isn't just spouting BS. She simply uselessly repeats the same things way too often.