Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

make archwing weapons findable for misson's

martinus16

Question

with the upcoming war with in were you need a archwing i thought lets get some good archwing weapons that is impossible to get if you dont want to pay a lot of plat

i find it peculiar that i have to pay plat for a normale weapon weapon with the price of the new weapon

14 answers to this question

You can definitely get all of the Archwings without spending a dime. The first one you get as part of a quest, and 2 or 3 of them are clan research. Weapons are a bit more difficult but still doable. The Grattler and Knux for example are both research. 

Ah well, AW weapon parts were reward from AW missions. Players complained about drop rates and too much stuff as mission rewards. SOTR came in all AW weapon parts are by syndicates. So the only thing you have to do is to earn rep the fav way you do. The only thing you can complain about AW stuff is that right now you have to buy slots for the equip.

On 11/6/2016 at 9:23 AM, Yami666 said:

So the only thing you have to do is to earn rep the fav way you do. The only thing you can complain about AW stuff is that right now you have to buy slots for the equip.

What about the fact that you have to earn standing for opposing syndicates in order to get all the parts for a single weapon? I'd say that's worth complaining about. This change made the grind to obtain them even worse. On top of that, there is relatively little reason to play archwing missions at all after your gear is maxed. The rewards just aren't there when compared with missions on foot, the challenge is lower, you don't have much to work for (you earn archwing gear faster by playing non-archwing missions), and there's less variety in equipment and strategies to keep things interesting.

6 minutes ago, DreamsmithJane said:

What about the fact that you have to earn standing for opposing syndicates in order to get all the parts for a single weapon? I'd say that's worth complaining about. This change made the grind to obtain them even worse. On top of that, there is relatively little reason to play archwing missions at all after your gear is maxed. The rewards just aren't there when compared with missions on foot, the challenge is lower, you don't have much to work for (you earn archwing gear faster by playing non-archwing missions), and there's less variety in equipment and strategies to keep things interesting.

I guess you are knocking on the wrong door. If you think that farming rep for other syndicates is a problem then why don´t you start complaining about augments, syndicate weapons hm? Thats the reason why trading exists, or set up the efficient 4 syndicate combination and you are pretty much covered. The current farming is nothing compared to the old way, pointing at venus ext 100+ runs to finally get the part, countless uranus int runs, just to get BPs which you could buy from market, and lets not forget the old broken def at neptune with insane scaling (lvl 140 AW enemies at wave 20). I got all the older AW stuff the old harder way compared to this "waitfarming" way. The current changes to AW forced even me the AW defender to stop playing AW, guess i´m not the only one, so this option to buy AW parts from syndicates is welcome by a lot of players who hate playing AW. Would you play something you hate xyz times to get that part you need and move to the next map for another xyz runs, then the 3rd time for the last part and lets not forget playing AW again for the leveling process?

9 minutes ago, Yami666 said:

why don´t you start complaining about augments, syndicate weapons hm? Thats the reason why trading exists, or set up the efficient 4 syndicate combination and you are pretty much covered.

I don't have to build standing for opposing syndicates to get a single mod or non-archwing weapon. I already have max rank with four syndicates (which, by the way, absolutely cannot be described as "efficient"), and there are still a couple of weapons I can't get. Before this change, I didn't have to trade to get archwing weapons, and I got most of them by farming before I went on hiatus. I have no interest in haggling and trading with randoms. Absolutely none. And I shouldn't have to. Now, I'm switching to a different set of four syndicates so I can get the stuff I'm missing, which is going to take a lot longer than just playing the archwing missions ever did.

Why should I care if this change to archwing gear acquisition is welcomed by players who hate archwing? They hate archwing. Catering to hate doesn't help anyone. Make it good for the people who actually enjoy playing it, rather than more tolerable for people who don't want it in the first place. I always liked it, and I think it's even better, now. I just wish it didn't feel like it's a worse use of my time in terms of game progress than playing on foot. I don't hate the option of buying from various syndicates, but I'm annoyed that I lost the option of farming normally.

4 minutes ago, DreamsmithJane said:

I don't have to build standing for opposing syndicates to get a single mod or non-archwing weapon. I already have max rank with four syndicates (which, by the way, absolutely cannot be described as "efficient"), and there are still a couple of weapons I can't get. Before this change, I didn't have to trade to get archwing weapons, and I got most of them by farming before I went on hiatus. I have no interest in haggling and trading with randoms. Absolutely none. And I shouldn't have to. Now, I'm switching to a different set of four syndicates so I can get the stuff I'm missing, which is going to take a lot longer than just playing the archwing missions ever did.

Why should I care if this change to archwing gear acquisition is welcomed by players who hate archwing? They hate archwing. Catering to hate doesn't help anyone. Make it good for the people who actually enjoy playing it, rather than more tolerable for people who don't want it in the first place. I always liked it, and I think it's even better, now. I just wish it didn't feel like it's a worse use of my time in terms of game progress than playing on foot. I don't hate the option of buying from various syndicates, but I'm annoyed that I lost the option of farming normally.

All i see is i don´t i don´t i don´t. Fine. I stated valid points, you turned them into the way you want them to be. Seems like we can´t find consensus, so i´m rather out of this nonsense.

1 hour ago, Yami666 said:

All i see is i don´t i don´t i don´t. Fine. I stated valid points, you turned them into the way you want them to be. Seems like we can´t find consensus, so i´m rather out of this nonsense.

You see what you want to, I guess. I clearly pointed out that this change places an additional burden on people who actually enjoyed playing archwing, specifically to make it easier for people who don't like playing archwing to obtain gear for archwing. You know that game mode they don't even want to play? Why is getting gear for them a higher priority than getting it for the people who actually want to use it? It's absurd. You can make "valid points" about what I hypothetically have the option of doing all you like, but it's irrelevant because I shouldn't have to. I'm not the fool who complained about having to play archwing in order to obtain archwing loot. I happened to enjoy that particular option, it made sense, and I don't see why it had to be removed.

I agree that when adding archwing parts to syndicates they should have left them in the drop tables.

I wholeheartedly understand why a super easy way to get aw parts through syndicates was added, there's no shortage of dislike for aw on the forums. But there was no reason to remove them from the drop tables either. I farmed most of my aw stuff and didn't have much problem with it as I'm sure many others who enjoy aw felt similarly. It was nice going "hey I want to play some archwing and there's this part I need so I'll run that mission a few times". Now a days I usually run archwing missions to help new players clear aw nodes. There isn't much reason to run them otherwise because sadly the rewards are substantially worse than ground missions. An aw endo farm mission would be nice  :P.

This is somewhat similar to the void 2.0 fiasco many complained about the grind for prime parts, grind for aw very similar actually kinda worst since most likely a bigger chunk of the playerbase hates it, so now we have fissures. Just like how we couldnt farm fissures OR void they made it so you can only get aw from syndicates in turn it made aw ridiculously easier(cause you could get all your gear) and not only that since the parts are now tradeable(dont remember if they were before) it makes sense they would remove them from drop tables.

I'm still bummed that SotR unceremoniously and without warning removed AW weapons from drop tables and made them tradeable from Syndicates.

I've had dozens of Archwing Weapon Parts sitting around for ages because I liked to play Archwing all the time, and I'd finally given up on them ever being trad-able to other players for platinum so I vendor trashed them, like, a month before SotR.

=(