Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PS4/XB1 to PC.

(PSN)Percenary

I've been a huge fan of Warframe for years now. It's always been my go to game. I recently built my computer and am getting rid of my console. I'd love to transfer my stats to PC.. But I know it's not currently. I know a large part of the community wants this. Does anybody think this will ever happen? I'm crossing my fingers it will come around sometime so I can dive back into the game.

Think of Sony and Microsoft as that guy who always asks you if you can give him some money. Sometimes you do, and he gladly takes it.

Then one day you ask him if you can have some of his money, and he punches you in the face.

That's kinda the difference between transfer from PC to console, and transfer from console to PC.

Just now, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Think of Sony and Microsoft as that guy who always asks you if you can give him some money. Sometimes you do, and he gladly takes it.

Then one day you ask him if you can have some of his money, and he punches you in the face.

That's kinda the difference between transfer from PC to console, and transfer from console to PC.

I wish it wasn't so depressing to think about.

Just now, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Well same could be said about the PC community in general aswell(but not here, the WF is probably one of few communities where users from different platforms get along very well)

That is true. They both can be pretty disgusting. Thank the lord it's not as S#&$ for warframe. 

If it wasn't' explained properly yet, the deal is that the consoles "own" your account and make money of it. It makes NO sense to agree to lose that client and all potential earnings by allowing the transfer.

In the PC>console situation, DE owns the account and they'll still profit regardless of your platform so they occasionally make deals with the consoles for transfers cause some players want that.

From a financial point of view, I don't think Microsoft or Sony would ever agree to a transfer from console to PC. But it would be nice.

To be honest, I'd like to experience cross play, but that will probably never happen.

I'm going to build a new computer sometime next year when I move into my new place (I don't have anywhere to put it if I were to build it now, hence waiting), but I'm going to upgrade with a better and more powerful laptop for the time being. I'm thinking about hooking it up to a TV and connecting it with a controller and playing it like that. I always enjoyed playing on consoles, but PCs are more powerful. Best of both worlds.