The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hilarious & Sad Moments With High MR Players

ZombieLorde91

When I was doing Sorties, I was playing as Oberon and the high MR player was using Asg for the first mission.

Now it was a Grineer Survival with a Radiation Hazard in one of those closed-spaced bases. My tactic was to use Hollowed Ground to cleanse myself and allies from Radiation (especially the Ash), give myself an armour bonus, and layer damage on the enemy. Because it was in a closed hallway, the Frost also used his Globe wherever I placed the Hollowed Ground, and I would shoot with my Dread, occasionally cast Smite to Radiate and Weaken the enemies, and used Reckoning (with the mod) to radiate, blind, and kill the now lower-Health enemies.

The Ash P player occasionally used Bladestorm when Radiated, which obviously caused some frustration but no one said anything because he would revive us anyways.

On the second mission, he played as Trinity P with the Synoid Simulor. Keep note that he was using an EV Trin with the Synoid Simulor. It was a Mobile Defense and I was using the same tactic. Place a carpet in a tight-space or choke-point and hold my ground.

Obviously the 20 MR player who was using Trinity Prime had more damage because not only was he using EV, but also the Synoid Simulor.

After the third mission, the guy said Oberon sucked and that I should pick someone else, but as he said it, I already swapped to my Trinity P when he went back to Ash P. I didn't change because I thought Oberon wasn't meant for the Bow-Only Interception (I simply would have repeated my tactic in the other missions), but because Trinity P is my favourite Warframe whether I am in a Squad or Solo. Anyway when I said to him, "Do you have evidence to support that statement?" He simply replied with "Then why did you swap to Trinity?" When I pressed with him and asked "No seriously, give me a legitimate argument as to how Oberon is a trash frame." Now I though he would have at least said something half-decent like "Hollowed Ground sucks or, his damage scaling falls on higher levels." But nope, instead he went with "I have been getting more kills than you and doing more damage than you in every mission." For the first one, he was just spamming Rage and Bladestorm. For the second one, he used EV Trinity with the Synoid Simulor (which is a point-and-click Insta-kill) and now he swapped back to Ash P with a MAX RANK MUTALIST CERNOS. Of all bows, he went with literally the worst in the game.

Now obviously I countered that argument by saying, "Yes, but I have done more Healing, CC, and Reviving than you in each one. Even when you were playing Trinity P and focussing on killing even when our allies fell." Which was true, and even then, I never had the lowest damage in either of the missions. The first one was a low MR Valkyr player and the second one was the Nova P player.

Now the third mission began, and he started calling me a little weak nub b**** who has low MR (9) because I suck. Also when I was busy using Link, EV, and Bless+Electromagnetic Shielding, I was getting less damage and kills than him EVEN THOUGH HE WAS SPAMMING BS AND NOT EVEN USING HIS BOW ONCE.

When I pointed that out, he simply responded with me still providing little to the team and that I am a noob for liking Oberon, then he ignored me after finally saying that I am a noob.

Literally, his grammar was awful and on top of that, he had no sense of respect or intelligence. 

45 minutes ago, DarkOvion said:

'cept that he can and does.

Had him pop in and say hi during a 'suda or arbiters mission earlier today.

• The Stalker, Gustrag 3 and Zanuka will no longer be summoned in Syndicate Missions.

I never saw him or Zanuka/G3 on syndicate missions since this fix. 

There is a little chance it was broken recently of course, because last time I played syndicate missions was at the time of syndicate melees release.

3 minutes ago, ograzzt said:
  • The Stalker, Gustrag 3 and Zanuka will no longer be summoned in Syndicate Missions.

I never saw him or Zanuka/G3 on syndicate missions since this fix. 

There is a little chance it was broken recently of course, because last time I played syndicate missions was at the time of syndicate melees release.

Yeah, I'm not sure it's actually working...

Or has worked for a while honestly.

I mean, that update was almost 2 years ago now (21 months), and I'm fairly sure I've seen stalker in them a few times.

It's entirely possible Shadow Stalker broke the system too?

I mean, with all of a 2-4%? chance he'll appear, there's good odds you won't see him in any syndicate missions anyway.

I'd gone months without seeing Stalker at all.

I've also had periods where he'll pop in to say hi 2-3 times a day for a week or more.

2 hours ago, Kimimoto said:

This threads about sharing stories of high MR players doofing, showing that MR generally only means you spent hours on Draco/Bere and doesn't correlate to skill or knowledge.

Practice what you preach

The true issue here is that some high MR are impolite to low MR players.

So, this little high MR bashing escapade is pointless and just prolongs a vicious circle.

The truth is that:

Most, high MR players do know the game very well.

The same can be stated for some medium or low MR players especially if they have played the game for many hours. i've even met some founders who are mr12-16.

What is not related to MR, is people's egos and how much they keep it in check in a co-op game. 

Coming back to the initial post, the OP (and probably you also) was and still is unaware of the fact

that it is highly impractical in terms of time consumed to finish a sortie 3 defence while in the rift by using solely warframe abilities (especially Ember).

Therefore, the low MR OP actually hindered the mission instead of helping with it

and so did the high MR player on the assumption that he was impolite to the OP.

So instead of trying to bash players on the basis of their MR (high or low), try to learn the game.

Oh. And while you're at it, be respectful, be modest, be graceful. You might be surprised how much it may help you progress.

Edited by disco_inferno6

11 minutes ago, disco_inferno6 said:

This little high MR bashing escapade is pointless simply because most often high MR players do know the game very well.

Coming back to the initial post, you fail to notice that the OP (and probably you also) was and still is unaware of the fact

that it is highly impractical in terms of time consumed to finish a sortie 3 defence while in the rift by using solely warframe abilities (especially Ember).

Therefore, the low MR OP actually hindered the mission instead of helping with it

So instead of trying to bash players on the basis of their MR (high or low), try to learn the game.

Oh. And while you're at it, be respectful, be modest, be graceful. You might be surprised how much it may help you progress.

You're great, let's try to keep this going.

Your MR's so huge, that your Novas maxed out with power range.

Your MR's so dumb, that you have Transient on your Loki.

Your MR's so ashy, that your Hydroid needs lotion.

1 hour ago, (PS4)ChrissySilly said:

"I have been getting more kills than you and doing more damage than you in every mission."

One of those typical existential losers sad people who have nothing to be proud of and so "realize" themselves via killcount and/or k/d ratio in games

On 11/8/2016 at 7:38 PM, hazerddex said:

or when a high MR player only has 1 weapon equipped or 3 weapons with only 1 elemental combo and were on lua

Mr 14 after almost 4 Years of playing now and i mostly only have 1 Weapon (Melee) with me and mostly only using excal and i have zero problems on Lua, Sentients are too easy anyways. Even though it would probably cause problems in Endless Missions, but who does Defense with only Melee? Not even i do that, specially not in pug. lol.

Edited by Extroah

49 minutes ago, disco_inferno6 said:

The true issue here is that some high MR are impolite to low MR players.

So, this little high MR bashing escapade is pointless and just prolongs a vicious circle.

The truth is that:

Most, high MR players do know the game very well.

The same can be stated for some medium or low MR players especially if they have played the game for many hours. i've even met some founders who are mr12-16.

What is not related to MR, is people's egos and how much they keep it in check in a co-op game. 

Coming back to the initial post, the OP (and probably you also) was and still is unaware of the fact

You are correct. Only you labeled one opinion as fact.

52 minutes ago, disco_inferno6 said:

The OP was defending a MR 21 with ember prime, who had no shield or health increasing mods. I tried to simulate it, and with a maxed unmodded rhino (approximately same shields, and 50 more health and armor), lasted approximately 6 seconds against an unbuffed lvl 51 nullifier and corpus tech (timer started from first shot fired by unalerted tech). Granted it isnt the exact same conditions, but consider it. Thats how quickly you would die. the Defense Operative lasts longer than that ember prime would under fire.

additionally, If you are playing a sortie, protecting the Defense Operative is the priority- which the Limbo frame fit rather well. Yes, in terms of time efficiency, warframe powers are not ideal in exterminating enemies, but sorties dont have to be about time efficiency. Heck if the Devs dont get along with timeframes why should we? (that was a joke)... I guess that is the beauty of them. you can get the mission done however you want/need to!

I think a majority of the argument in this thread comes from misunderstandings..

I wont speak anything of the energy synthesis of a banished WOF ember, as I dont/cant study that experience quite yet.

I respect your opinion, and just wanted to say that there are other ways to getting a mission done. And that I do know the game. 

and yes, Respect, Modesty, and Grace are very important for progressing (especially in terms of defusing tense situations in the forms) :)

Anyway- I hope you understood what I said, and that it is not my intention nor the intentions of this thread to offend. We all wanted to share relateable (and hopefully humorous) experiences of encountering those few irritable players in game

Years ago some high ranked guy came down to Mercury survival with a trollban and went on his way getting his own kills away from the rest of the group.  Fine, whatever...ten minutes later...

6g1qKAQ.jpg

7C5wwnD.jpgLjVl5zP.jpg

Trollban put hundreds of bounces on three doors on the way to extraction.  Life was hard back then in warframe. U_U

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

happy-lurking.gif

Edited by AcceI

3 hours ago, (PS4)ChrissySilly said:

Now the third mission began, and he started calling me a little weak nub b**** who has low MR (9) because I suck. Also when I was busy using Link, EV, and Bless+Electromagnetic Shielding, I was getting less damage and kills than him EVEN THOUGH HE WAS SPAMMING BS AND NOT EVEN USING HIS BOW ONCE.

Sounds like an average new player who hungers for kills and huge damage numbers. He'll grow out of it, eventually.

So MR22 with a two man team farming Akkad, got an open team and have just started the first wave.

I am using the Synoid Simulor while the other two are just levelling weapons or frames

New Tenno comes in MR12 or 11 and starts up the Noob statements and telling me I must feel so pro, taking all the kills and all the rest.

So I switch to my melee from the second wave, it takes a little more effort, but if it stops the comments it’s worth it, which it does.

So we finish wave 20, end results are displayed, this Tenno total kills were 4

So I changed my play style so this bum Tenno can leech off me, his way, yes I know Melee gets more Xp, but if you aren’t doing the work you don’t get a say.

So I go look at their stats, now I use the Synoid Simulor for farming and have around 20 thousand kills with it, this Tenno had over 78 thousand kills with his.

It did make me laugh about the whole situation

Edited by (PS4)KainBethell

7 hours ago, DarkOvion said:

Yeah, I'm not sure it's actually working...

Or has worked for a while honestly.

I mean, that update was almost 2 years ago now (21 months), and I'm fairly sure I've seen stalker in them a few times.

It's entirely possible Shadow Stalker broke the system too?

I mean, with all of a 2-4%? chance he'll appear, there's good odds you won't see him in any syndicate missions anyway.

I'd gone months without seeing Stalker at all.

I've also had periods where he'll pop in to say hi 2-3 times a day for a week or more.

The point of my story is truthful.  Could I have mixed up mission types from memory?  Sure.

But it was an exterminate and it was Shadow Stalker I fought alone, and he dropped Hate.  I recalled it being a Syndicate mission.

Now I'm curious...

On Wednesday, November 09, 2016 at 8:45 PM, disco_inferno6 said:

Dead on serious.

It is obvious you have no clue how Ember scales. You were in a sortie 3.

Had the team kept your strategy, you would have stayed there for 1-2 hours.

The fact that you might know one thing doesn't elevate you to a good player. It is obvious that not only you lack the mods but you also lack the knowledge/skill. You have much to learn. And that's alright. It's only normal.

Now if the MR 21 was impolite to you, that's another matter. But it doesn't give you the right to develop an inferiority complex against all MR22's and embark on a crusade against them by trying to discredit them all simply because one of them was impolite to you.

Be respectful. Be modest. Learn the game. Be graceful.

First off, joke is on you since I am the Dojo's Leader. Highly doubt I'll kick myself cause it is me.

Secondly, I do know and understand Ember since I do have one. Like I said earlier, our entire team went with entire Corrosive Projection so the Grineer didn't have any armor, so fire would be doing some major damage because Grineer has Clone Flesh.

Thirdly, the Ember Player weren't using his gun and if he was then I wouldn't be putting him in the rift. It also didn't help that he was charging at them before our Loki on the team could disarm them. I don't know about you but charging at any enemy when they have a rocket launcher still equip and not dodging it is a bad idea... regardless of what game you play. 

Fourthly, it didn't last long because everyone but the ember were using our weapons. Our 4th player went AFK for 2 minutes and came back with more kills from his gun before I started putting the Ember Player in the rift. I don't how I could stress this enough to tell you.

Now as for the "evaluation" statement, there is no evaluation to this. If you run into an enemy and die multiple times and don't stop doing this... it doesn't matter what mods you have. I've seen some high MR players not even use a single mod on anything and kick some *** on sort missions. Yes I still have stuff to learn (mostly the weapons themselves since I don't play with those often) but there are things I know you should do and don't do. What the Ember Prime was doing, you shouldn't be doing. If I seriously recorded that match, you'd see what I mean.

Now yes he was impolite but that's just him as a player, an individual player have well... an individual personality... shocking I know. And no before you even begin... did you read some of my posts? Clearly not but I'll restate it anyways. Now yes of course not all high MR players do this some do and more often than not if you pay attention to it. If you assume I'm developing an inferiority complex then I'm gonna assume you have an elitist view of all players. Now is that wrong? Yeah it is. If I want to embark a crusade then this post would be very, very negative. Clearly you don't understand what no naming and shaming means.

So in retrospect, your own advice can be used to you. Be respectful, be modest, learn the game and be graceful.