Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Weapon Concept] Macuahuitl

Cutethulhu

In Ancient times, warriors would wield weapons made of the materials they could gather at the time, and while some may have been simple in creation, they became amazingly devastating tools of combat. One such weapon was the Macuahuitl, a wooden sword with many blades of obsidian embedded in its sides, capable of decapitation and mortal wounding with one swing, stronger and more precise than steel. Now, thanks to Tenno researchers, we can bring the glorious weapon back to the battlefield where it belongs.

This brutal weapon has always been very interesting to me, mostly because it was just this big sword made of wood and obsidian that could whoop most people that went up against it. You've seen them in all sorts of games and I figured that the amazing researchers of weaponry the Tenno have can stumble across this ancient beast and bring it back to help fight the good fight.

wqxws.jpg

(My drawing and Orokin writing skills aren't the best.)

I figured, instead of being made of wood, the weapon could be made of a lightweight steel of some kind, making it easier to lift and swing around. The obsidian could be some kind of crystal or even Argon that can be found within the world, of course it wouldn't take a lot to create the blades on the sides. And it would have a Lotus symbol at the end of the handle for a little flare. The Orokin text sprawled down the broad faces of the sword say "If it is to be, it is up to me." Surely, Teshin would approve.

Anyway, on to the stats!

Weapon Type: Heavy Blade
Damages: 165.0 Physical
Slash: 150.0
Impact: 15.0
Puncture: 0.00
Crit Chance: 20.0%
Crit Multiplier: 2.0x
Status Change: 5.0%
Polarities: 1V, 2-
Stance Polarity: V

This sword also comes with an additional function: While holding the weapon, with every Headshot it lands and every Finisher Kill, it beheads the enemy and adds 5% more damage to itself. This effect is lost when you switch weapons and the counter is reset to 0 upon switching back.

So yeah, I figured this would make for an interesting weapon, and the bonus function was something I came up with on the spot. A friend thought of "every 20 kills would grant a 100% Finisher on the next attack" but I figured this would make it more brutal. So, let me know what you think. I know my numbers kinda suck, but I figured this would open some people's eyes to the idea. ANd if you can think up a name, feel free to post it.

Edited by Cutethulu

Your Orokin is close, but there are some slight changes:

uqrSVX9WFX9TFX94NePSc7CQIJKp0E5lwkCASBIB

Though if you want it to be a lil more brutal, I'd prob just raise the status chance a lil bit. Having good crit chance and decent status can make for some devastating critical slash procs

Edited by KotoKuraken

25 minutes ago, KotoKuraken said:

Your Orokin is close, but there are some slight changes:

uqrSVX9WFX9TFX94NePSc7CQIJKp0E5lwkCASBIB

Though if you want it to be a lil more brutal, I'd prob just raise the status chance a lil bit. Having good crit chance and decent status can make for some devastating critical slash procs

I tried, TennoTyper helped me as well. And yeah, maybe raising it to like, 10% status? Help me out here, people. I don't know these maths that well, dang it!

1 minute ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

can we not....

i mean the weapon is pretty neat and the design is nice as well......but you lost me at Heavy Blade.

we have had a plethora of "Heavy" type weapons. we need some love to other weapons like the Fist/Sparring, the Glaive types, Dual Daggers and/or the Machette.

Don't worry, friend-o! I've got ideas for those as well! just need to get the right set-up for 'em is all.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

can we not....

i mean the weapon is pretty neat and the design is nice as well......but you lost me at Heavy Blade.

we have had a plethora of "Heavy" type weapons. we need some love to other weapons like the Fist/Sparring, the Glaive types, Dual Daggers and/or the Machette.

Erm, I'd say we actually don't sit in that position quite yet. We have more of an overabundance of Swords than we do of Heavy weapons.

5 hours ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Erm, I'd say we actually don't sit in that position quite yet. We have more of an overabundance of Swords than we do of Heavy weapons.

what i meant was a fair portion of the recent (end game) weapons have been of the "Heavy" variety and we need more of the lesser used weapons or buffs to those weapons.

^he's got a point there, either way machete or heavy it seems like a decent weapon, of course the stats would need to be reduced if turned into a machete.  dont worry about your drawing though, man, im not really good at anything other than melee weapons and even then my best is only on certain days.  right now im trying to get good at drawing with computer stuff.  its getting there, slowly.

On 11/8/2016 at 10:58 AM, KotoKuraken said:

I would only care for it to be a machete if there was a new stance added with it. The current stance is bearable if you get the attack speed high enough, but not very good

Yeah, this would make an amazing machete, but DE needs a new stance for it.  Alternatively, what if you went the (Hear me out here) Dark Split Sword route and let it equip both Heavy Blade and Machete stances?

On 11/9/2016 at 10:36 PM, JackleTheKitsune said:

Yeah, this would make an amazing machete, but DE needs a new stance for it.  Alternatively, what if you went the (Hear me out here) Dark Split Sword route and let it equip both Heavy Blade and Machete stances?

That would actually be pretty damn cool.