Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Prime End game Viability and Build opinion

VexisPhil

Question

Hi all,

The war within update is soon to arrive and were all going through prep phase id like to ask about Volt Primes Ideal Build or his end game viablility

All frames are end game viable to an extent* , imo Volt P should be able to take End game material e.g Sortie( meh) or law of Retribution(nightmare)

the thing is im here to take opinion on my Volt P Build

-1 Forma

>Steel Charge Max                                      Melee buff

>Power Drift Max                                      higher strength for speed and 1 and 4

>Primed Flow R8                                    750 Energy Pool to synergise with quick thinking

>Primed Cont R8                              Duration for shield and speed

>Streamline Max                            efficiency

>Intensity Max                                  higher strength for speed and 1 and 4

>Vitality Max                                 Larger Health pool

>Narrow Minded R7               more duration for Shield and speed

>Quick Thinking Max                 take advantage Volt P's high energy pool

>Stretch Max                            compensate for loss of range since i need 4 for CC

-Background to build

Ive seen many Volt Builds based around either 1-2 aspects such as speed (power strength Volt) and Pure CC (Range etc) My build was based on "Balance" or in other words a CC + Survival Viable Volt P

Stats are

217% Duration for speed duration , Shield Duration due to playstyle

130% Efficiency even if My volt p or volt p in general has a high health pool i tend to use his abilities often due to playstyle

97% Range to keep my CC on my 4

145% Strength for speed and general damage

-Playstyle

I tend to use Soma P , Lex P (as a sniper secondary) , Scindo P or WAR (take advantage of speed)

i use my 1 for individual/ Group CC stun as Volt can use his 1 while aiming down sights or firing

i use my 2 for reaching places and escaping and bringing my attack speed when going melee +berserker when either out of ammo or in a tight spot

i use my 3 for general cover in Hall ways , or to protect myself from fire for a period of time

my 4 for last resort CC over an area synergised with my 2 to escape or using my 1 to CC stun then my 2 to escape

Mainly use my 1 for small area CC to mow down with Melee or Primary or my 4 instead

obviously my 2 has been explained but my 3( shield) is used forPoint objectives or in survival 1min grace period against range enemies since 217% duration = 1min shield

any opinions and suggestion to my Build? or my playstyle even its much appreciated

7 answers to this question

With you you want volt's shield so you can get that bonus damage and speed for the melee. This is what I go for:

Aura: Corrosive Projection

Exilus: Power Drift

-Vitality

-Quick Thinking

-Transient Fortitude

-Intensify

-Primed Continuity

-Primed Flow

-Stretch

-Streamline

This build balances all the abilities of volt. 

I use an all rounder defensive build that handles everything with ease. 

Corrosive projection/Energy Siphon in Aura

Speed Drift in Exilus

Primed Continuity.

Primed Flow.

Vitality.

Redirection.

Stretch.

Intensify.

Streamline.

Capacitance.

Edited by Gelkor

The problem with people saying terms like "End-game" is that there's no defined method of that in this game. Which is a good thing. Everyone has their own method.

This is my high end Volt Build. It's a buff spec because I believe his best role later in game is Bunker + Buff.

bBKPgPi.jpg

Volt has always been one of the better buff frames in the game; long as you're using a crit weapon.

This build gives team mates ~+251% Total damage output when you're behind one of his shields. It's made for a meta group where someone else will be doing the CC and your job is to protect the objective or players with shields and provide buffs.

I found this build particularly good in the Void after they added Nullifiers.

Spoiler

Soma + Bladed + Shock [ 98.04 + 176.472 + (191.178)] * [ 1 + ( 10.2 -1 ) * [ 75 / 100 ] * 200 / 200 / [ 3 + (200 - 1) / 15 ]
465.69 * 7.9 * 12.295 = 45,232.703
(45232.703 - 26667.67) / 26667.67 = 0.696 = 70% Increase in DPS.

Soma + Bladed + Shock&Shield x1 [ 98.04 + 176.472 + (191.178 + 49.02)] * { [1 + ( 10.2 -1 ) * 2 ] * [ 75 / 100 } * 200 / 200 / [ 3 + (200 - 1) / 15 ]
514.71 * 14.8 * 12.295 = 93,659.72
(93659.72 - 26663.67) / 26667.67 = 2.512 = 251% increase in DPS

I am currently aiming at the Speed Ability. Max out power strength and the duration. Also get the main health,shield,energy mods. Everything else is not needed. Just do the best and achieve the maximum amount of strength and duration and give it the Augment mod (to stun nearby enemies instantly). You should be fast enough to dodge most of the incoming damage (that is not hitscan) and you'll complete mission objective as fast as possible. Of course it all also applies to your teammates so that everyone can simply rush through that sortie (or whatver mission it is) with ease. And the melee classes will be more productive also.

7 hours ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

With you you want volt's shield so you can get that bonus damage and speed for the melee. This is what I go for:

Aura: Corrosive Projection

Exilus: Power Drift

-Vitality

-Quick Thinking

-Transient Fortitude

-Intensify

-Primed Continuity

-Primed Flow

-Stretch

-Streamline

This build balances all the abilities of volt. 

5 hours ago, Xzorn said:

The problem with people saying terms like "End-game" is that there's no defined method of that in this game. Which is a good thing. Everyone has their own method.

This is my high end Volt Build. It's a buff spec because I believe his best role later in game is Bunker + Buff.

bBKPgPi.jpg

Volt has always been one of the better buff frames in the game; long as you're using a crit weapon.

This build gives team mates ~+251% Total damage output when you're behind one of his shields. It's made for a meta group where someone else will be doing the CC and your job is to protect the objective or players with shields and provide buffs.

I found this build particularly good in the Void after they added Nullifiers.

Reveal hidden contents

Soma + Bladed + Shock [ 98.04 + 176.472 + (191.178)] * [ 1 + ( 10.2 -1 ) * [ 75 / 100 ] * 200 / 200 / [ 3 + (200 - 1) / 15 ]
465.69 * 7.9 * 12.295 = 45,232.703
(45232.703 - 26667.67) / 26667.67 = 0.696 = 70% Increase in DPS.

Soma + Bladed + Shock&Shield x1 [ 98.04 + 176.472 + (191.178 + 49.02)] * { [1 + ( 10.2 -1 ) * 2 ] * [ 75 / 100 } * 200 / 200 / [ 3 + (200 - 1) / 15 ]
514.71 * 14.8 * 12.295 = 93,659.72
(93659.72 - 26663.67) / 26667.67 = 2.512 = 251% increase in DPS

I Undertstand what you're all saying tho is the perspective of solo (remember War Within is coming and is most likely a SOLO Quest) id change my build to put in Transient but well i dont have it , Corrosive i will but needs forma , but i prefer to keep Narrow minded at R7 to retain my range (Solo CC) I will be changing out my aura to Corrosive Projection and Transient may have to wait unless someone has extra :/

Also side note , my current build imo gave me Solo and Team capabilities as Range affected my speed buff range but id reconsider that

Also maybe ditching 4 in playstyle but i tend to find it pretty useful also Shock Trooper imo since i already have it seems lack lustre and a waste of mod space

Edited by VexisPhil
extra info?

7 minutes ago, VexisPhil said:

I Undertstand what you're all saying tho is the perspective of solo (remember War Within is coming and is most likely a SOLO Quest) id change my build to put in Transient but well i dont have it , Corrosive i will but needs forma , but i prefer to keep Narrow minded at R7 to retain my range (Solo CC) I will be changing out my aura to Corrosive Projection and Transient may have to wait unless someone has extra :/

Also side note , my current build imo gave me Solo and Team capabilities as Range affected my speed buff range but id reconsider that

You said end-game and mentioned Sorties and Raids....

1 minute ago, Xzorn said:

You said end-game and mentioned Sorties and Raids....

oops sorry Xzorn ignore that but i was meant to add in the fact that its in view of the War Within Quest line but End game is general since War Within is around lvl 40-50 enemies (tho not end game material) correct me if im wrong