Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's a good rifle?

Almagnus1

Question

I'm looking at my weapon collection, and I don't have a good rifle primary (as I've been leaning on a maxed out Hek as primary), and I would like to fix that so I don't get screwed over on sortie missions and other endgame content when having a rifle would be beneficial.

So, what's a good rifle, and what's it's optimal build?

7 answers to this question

Braton Prime is a solid gun. Takes me through AR sorties pretty well and can proc status like crazy. Bleeding and Viral everywhere.

Another of my favorites is Grinlok. Can reach 100% status easily and has a syndicate mod that's actually semi-useful. Can carry me through sorties, too, but it needs a bit of work to make it really good. Less powerful than Braton Prime, but more fun IMO.

Sybaris/Dex Sybaris are also recommendations. You can only get Dex Sybaris through the anniversary, but OG sybaris is still strong. Good crit guns and decent damage. Also amazing guns for fashion.

Soma/Prime is good. Crit gun, good DPS. I don't like it, though. The wind-up firing mechanic kills it for me.

Tonkor and Synoid Simulor also technically count as assault rifles, so those are obvious choices (again, I dislike them because they don't feel or look good, but to each his own)

Boltor Prime: Pure damage. Damage, Damage, Dawmawj. Heavy Cal, Split, Piercing, (2x 90% Elementals, 2x 60% Elementals), Serration

Soma Prime: Critical. Chance, Multiplier, and base damage. Heavy Cal, Split, Serration, Bladed Rounds, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Hammer Shot, Primed Fast Hands.

Latron Prime: Critical, Damage. Mainly critical mods with a little bit extra. Split Chamber Hammer Shot, Serration, Piercing Caliber, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Argon Scope, Bladed Rounds

Ignis: Has a lot of different builds. Most build for status, though. Split Chamber, Wildfire, Serration, Heavy Caliber, Thermite Rounds, Hammer Shot, Storm Bringer, Sinister Reach

Amprex: Crit, Crit, Crit. Heavy Cal, Serration, Split, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Hammer Shot, Bladed Rounds, (Your choice of either Argon Scope, Primed Fast Hands, or Sinister Reach. Sinister Reach will increase chaining effect, and Argon scope isn't really needed since already at 125% crit chance)

Burston Prime: Gilded Truth (Augment Mod), Split, Serration, Heavy Cal, Metal Auger, (3x Elementals of your choice, 60% or 90%.)

Dex Sybaris: Split, Heavy Cal, Serration, Point Strike, Argon Scope, Bladed Rounds, Vital Sense, Shred. (You can replace Argon with Fanged Fussilade for a hybrid build)

Synoid Simulor: Mirage

40 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

I'm looking at my weapon collection, and I don't have a good rifle primary (as I've been leaning on a maxed out Hek as primary), and I would like to fix that so I don't get screwed over on sortie missions and other endgame content when having a rifle would be beneficial.

So, what's a good rifle, and what's it's optimal build?

A list of rifles:

Boltor prime: mod it for full damage, the boltor bolts are slow so you may have to lead targets, highest damage output rifle in the game

Latron Wraith: single shot, more of a head shot weapon, single fire but can out put absurd amounts of damage if consistently aiming for the head, build how you want

Soma Prime: ammo eater, can attain red crits (only from exclusive event mods though) literally eats your boxes of ammo you brought with you, decent damage out put, mod crit chance and dmg

Karak Wraith: the underdog, eats ammo, good damage out put, mod dmg

Braton Prime: status rifle, low ammo reserves, incredibly accurate even with heavy caliber, the all rounder weapon of rifles in warframe, good damge out put, build it dmg and status

going to exclude gorgon family except one, oh and don't touch the supra, but if you want one of the gorgons or the supra, look up builds for them, now:

Gorgon Wraith: good against corpus, bad ammo economy, you can mod for status or crit, it's a "fun" weapon

Find what you want and enjoy =D

Since you mentioned Sorties as one of your focuses, I assume you mean anything from the "assault rifle" category in-game. These are the builds I'm currently using.

Braton Prime: a solid status automatic that holds its own in the late-game. Use Viral against unarmored targets, Corrosive against armored targets, and Magnetic-Toxin against Corpus.

• Serration
  • Heavy Caliber
  • Split Chamber
  • Shred
  • 4 60% status-elemental mods or 2 60% status-elemental mods and 2 90% elemental mods

Boltor Prime: the former (almost undisputed) king of automatics before the Soma Prime and Zhuge stole some of its thunder.

• Serration
  • Heavy Caliber or Primed Bane of Faction
  • Split Chamber
  • Shred
  • Depending on the target faction and which enemy types you want to prioritize:
    • 4 90% elemental mods
    • 3 90% elemental mods and Primed Bane of Faction
    • Stormbringer, Infected Clip, Cryo Rounds, and Piercing Caliber (against armored targets)
    • Cryo Rounds, Stormbringer, Infected Clip, and Malignant Force (against unarmored Corpus)

Soma Prime: the premier critical automatic.

• Serration
  • Split Chamber
  • Point Strike
  • Vital Sense
  • 2 90% elemental mods
  • Choose 2 of the following:
    • Argon Scope
    • Bladed Rounds
    • Shred
    • Heavy Caliber
    • Primed Bane of Faction
    • (Primed) Rifle Ammo Mutation
    • 1 additional 90% elemental mod

Ignis: destroys crowds at lower levels and applies status to a wide area at high levels. Pick an elemental combination that suits your style and the target faction.

• Serration
  • Split Chamber
  • 4 60% status-elemental mods
  • Choose 2 of the following:
    • Heavy Caliber
    • Firestorm
    • Sinister Reach
    • (Primed) Rifle Ammo Mutation
    • Vile Acceleration

Dex Sybaris: arguably the best semi-automatic rifle despite technically having a burst trigger. Aim for the head.

• Serration
  • Split Chamber
  • Point Strike
  • Vital Sense
  • Argon Scope
  • Bladed Rounds
  • 2 90% status elemental mods

Tonkor: yeah, this.

• Serration
  • Split Chamber
  • Point Strike
  • Vital Sense
  • Bladed Rounds
  • 2 90% elemental mods
  • Choose 1 of the following:
    • Argon Scope
    • Firestorm

Synoid Simulor: and this too.

• Serration
  • Split Chamber
  • Point Strike
  • Vital Sense
  • 2 90% elemental mods
  • Choose 2 of the following:
    • Heavy Caliber
    • Primed Bane of Faction
    • Vile Acceleration
    • Bladed Rounds
    • 1 more additional 90% elemental mod

And a few I don't have builds for because I don't use them often enough:

• Prisma Grakata: build this like the Soma Prime, but you'll probably want an ammo mutation mod on it.
  • Quanta Vandal
  • Amprex