Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are the bone plugs?

KisaPrime

Europa fragment answers decently;

"Two jagged bones, harvested from your thigh, cultivated and then driven into the base of the skull, twisted around the superior vein."

So basically, weapons used as a last resort. Tearing out the bone plugs results an obvious mass bleedout.

Edited by LazerSkink

3 minutes ago, SaurusRex said:

Sounds like the heart plugs in the Dune film (I don't recall them being in the book(s))

Dude. you totally read my mind... good ole Harkonnen.

so basically an option for suicide/last resort rather than capture. You can't commit suicide without a weapon. So a failsafe built in that can not be removed ensures you can always kill yourself i suppose

Edited by CCamp88

1 hour ago, LazerSkink said:

Europa fragment answers decently;

"Two jagged bones, harvested from your thigh, cultivated and then driven into the base of the skull, twisted around the superior vein."

So basically, weapons used as a last resort. Tearing out the bone plugs results an obvious mass bleedout.

U5F6Gbt.png

as others have said, it serves as a last resort weapon due to the bleed out, but notice that he also says "a racing heart only Shortens the fuse",  because an increased heart rate will pump blood faster and increase the bleed out faster, so he had to keep himself berserk without getting too "excited". it kind of reminds me of the Japanese Banzai Charge technique of WW2, where they would run at the enemy screaming and attempt to impale the enemy on their Bayonets and Swords. clearly, the band of warriors Ordin Karris was part of were strong believers in the whole "Death Before Dishonour" mantra.

I hope we come across more information about his warrior clan in the future, they're very interesting!

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

7 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

as others have said, it serves as a last resort weapon due to the bleed out, but notice that he also says "a racing heart only Shortens the fuse",  because an increased heart rate will pump blood faster and increase the bleed out faster, so he had to keep himself berserk without getting too "excited". it kind of reminds me of the Japanese Banzai Charge technique of WW2, where they would run at the enemy screaming and attempt to impale the enemy on their Bayonets and Swords. clearly, the band of warriors Ordin Karris was part of were strong believers in the whole "Death Before Dishonour" mantra.

I hope we come across more information about his warrior clan in the future, they're very interesting!

I wonder if we will see more about his lore while doing the war within. 

We can imagine in a world with Orokin a warrior caste or a futuristic version of Janissaries with brutal traditions. So the Orokin could rule with a silver tongue and iron fist at the same time, telling the fools how civilized they were when their jackals were stuff of nightmares.

About the possibilities of lore related to this tale in TWW, we can speculate about the origin of the design of the new weapons. The archaic flare fits like a glove, don't you think?