Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do Window Breaches Deal Damage At All?

MJ12

You don't see it close, therefore that theory doesn't hold water.

As far as anything is concerned, those dropships have an open passenger compartment after departure.

Look at pretty much every extraction screen. The hatch(composed of 4 sections) closed upon the Tenno, and if you really can't see it, look at any introduction scene thats set on a planet. The shuttle arrives with the hatch closed, and when it's close enough to the ground, it opens up reveling the Tenno. And if that still makes you say "nuh uh", it's a pretty plausible for the connectors in the alcove the Tenno steps into to feed the frames with energy and/or life. I'll try to get screenshots.

OqvVXPC.gif

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

Fwiw, my initial impression when I started here was that actually the stuff and debris flying around is causing damage and not the fact we're exposed to spaaaace. Granted, this effect could definitely still use some love. Keep in mind it was our very first set of levels and so environment effects. I'd expect it to be overhauled/improved eventually in the future.

Great so it is the rocks that are sandblasting us to bits, but there has has to be a limited number of rocks.

The thing I find most odd is that corpus crewman and grineer dont try to close the shutters on the broken windows if they are in the room.  They can cause alarms and trigger lockdowns but aparently can't figure out how to use a basic safety function to help themselves from a very slow death.

It doesn't make any sense at all that you take damage, because at the end of every mission you clip onto the &#! of a small space ship and travel at light speed completely exposed to the high radiation, total vacuum and absurd coldness of space.

And you're totally fine to do that. but OH NOES THE WINDOW BROKE. LOOKS LIKE WE'RE IN FOR TROUBLE NOW TENNO.