Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lanka - I See Why Nobody Uses This!

Tatersail

I have everything ready to build this, but to be honest, that video made me think using this weapon means about 2.3 hours to complete a mission (solo), and unless you have a frame to vanish and run away over and over, you would be dead.

Nope, get speed trigger pretty much solves the problem " CHARGE SLOW Q-Q" and i dunno how you are going to take that time when this thing insta gib pretty much anything under level 100, further takes you a lucky shot (all crits blabla) or 2 shots.

Nope, get speed trigger pretty much solves the problem " CHARGE SLOW Q-Q" and i dunno how you are going to take that time when this thing insta gib pretty much anything under level 100, further takes you a lucky shot (all crits blabla) or 2 shots.

Why on earth did you revive this old and outdated topic.

I have everything ready to build this, but to be honest, that video made me think using this weapon means about 2.3 hours to complete a mission (solo), and unless you have a frame to vanish and run away over and over, you would be dead.

Thats why, this weapons feedback and this thread still a a fountain of history for the devs about lanka ( LOL !)

Edited by Dasmir

Thats why, this weapons feedback and this thread still a a fountain of history for the devs about lanka ( LOL !)

We don't need a 'fountain' of history, everybody remembers how the harder to get weapons were UP and then got buffed hard (Synapse, anyone). Lanka deals serrated blade, faster charge, silent, faster reload, and now it can crit too. 

We don't need a 'fountain' of history, everybody remembers how the harder to get weapons were UP and then got buffed hard (Synapse, anyone). Lanka deals serrated blade, faster charge, silent, faster reload, and now it can crit too. 

The only changes lanka got was the Serrated damage others are untouched.

Technically Fiia revived this topic, Dasmir just responded to him.

...And now I just bumped it again with this comment. We should probably stop talking here.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Problem with Lanka is that it is difficult to get mastery on it and you have to formait like 3 times to put allmods need. After getting mine to 30 I stopeed using it. Got Paris Prime now instead which has 2 polarities already. But Lanka is amazing. Without elementals it has around 1500 damage and if it crits it is very nasty.

For those who said Flux is horrible: Since when >1000 dmg/sec is bad weapon? Problems with ammo? Ammo mutation mod. No mod, well put maxed ammo drum and have proper secondary in between

Lanka suffers from 2 major problems:

1. Lack of versatility

2. It doesn't stand out.

Yes, 250 damage is cool, but there is another weapon which also uses a charge feature and does twice that much. I'm sure that much has been mentioned.

The "Oh, it does serrated damage" crap ends when you bring it up against anything that isn't light infested. At that point, it's strictly "Armor Ignore" inwhich other weapons outclass it in.

The Lanka is just a better Snipetron, that's it.

Edited by DBugII

Even without a forma and at rank 24 I was doing 12k damage crit hits with Banshee Sonar.

Now after a forma I'm killing lvl 50-70 Corpus Techs in one shot, Narcissus defense.

One thing the OP needs to keep in mind that damage mods scale very well with the 200 base damage. It's my favorite sniper rifle and the 10 round clip/fast reload is a big advantage over the Vulkar.

lol, mob lv 5x 7x takes me only 1 or 2 hit to kill....except corpus tech. i use soma and   without any buff( no volt, no rhino buff, no nova...)

lol, mob lv 5x 7x takes me only 1 or 2 hit to kill....except corpus tech. i use soma and   without any buff( no volt, no rhino buff, no nova...)

People who like to snipe don't care for weapons like Soma. We just like to snipe; it's that simple.

Lanka suffers from 2 major problems:

1. Lack of versatility

2. It doesn't stand out.

Yes, 250 damage is cool, but there is another weapon which also uses a charge feature and does twice that much. I'm sure that much has been mentioned.

The "Oh, it does serrated damage" crap ends when you bring it up against anything that isn't light infested. At that point, it's strictly "Armor Ignore" inwhich other weapons outclass it in.

The Lanka is just a better Snipetron, that's it.

The Ogris? You cannot be serious; it falls at the higher levels because the rockets don't ignore armor. It's only because of the high base damage of the explosion that you can still bring it in late-game. For example, the Ogris can handle the first 10 waves, give or take a few, in a Tower III Orokin Void Defense, and then it becomes the equivalent of pointless compared to armor-ignoring weapons afterwards.

The Lanka is supposed to lack in versatility, as it is supposed to fill one specific niche in the sniper rifles (and in practice, it does so almost perfectly). That niche makes the Lanka shine because there are very few things in the game that can resist dying from a properly modded Lanka in one shot.

Serrated Blade Damage may considered a lesser armor-ignoring damage than Armor Piercing, but the incredibly high base damage on the Lanka mean that even the Snipetron Vandal can only match the Lanka's damage per shot (applicable when shooting Corpus Crewmen on the head).

The Lanka to the other sniper rifles is like the Galatine to melee weapons: a sidegrade that's an upgrade.

People who like to snipe don't care for weapons like Soma. We just like to snipe; it's that simple.

I like to snipe as well, but snipers don't care about the Soma for one reason: they fill different, unrelated niches. The Soma needs another look beyond a boost in Mastery rank restriction, but I hope Armor/Damage 2.0 fixes the imbalances.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

The Ogris? You cannot be serious; it falls at the higher levels because the rockets don't ignore armor. It's only because of the high base damage of the explosion that you can still bring it in late-game. For example, the Ogris can handle the first 10 waves, give or take a few, in a Tower III Orokin Void Defense, and then it becomes the equivalent of pointless compared to armor-ignoring weapons afterwards.

The Lanka is supposed to lack in versatility, as it is supposed to fill one specific niche in the sniper rifles (and in practice, it does so almost perfectly). That niche makes the Lanka shine because there are very few things in the game that can resist dying from a properly modded Lanka in one shot.

Serrated Blade Damage may considered a lesser armor-ignoring damage than Armor Piercing, but the incredibly high base damage on the Lanka mean that even the Snipetron Vandal can only match the Lanka's damage per shot (applicable when shooting Corpus Crewmen on the head).

The Lanka to the other sniper rifles is like the Galatine to melee weapons: a sidegrade that's an upgrade.

I like to snipe as well, but snipers don't care about the Soma for one reason: they fill different, unrelated niches. The Soma needs another look beyond a boost in Mastery rank restriction, but I hope Armor/Damage 2.0 fixes the imbalances.

That was kind of my point.

If you get a sniper for DPS then you're just an idiot or expecting too much from a sniper.

This guy talking about a Soma in a sniper thread was beyond silly.

Did you guys know, when Lanka combine with Electric Shield(Volt), the projectile will see to the target directly and immediately as any sniper gun in First person shooting game. When you make the cri build, it's the most powerful gun ever. 

I don't know I feel if the sentence "If you know how to use it or if modded properly" has to be mentioned in any way then the weapon can be outperformed by others. 

this gun can´t outperformed by others IF modded right, highest singeltarget dmg in the game, u can 1 hit all what is possibel to 1hit, and sometimes if u have luck , u can 1hit enemys which normaly aren´t possibel :D(bug)

this gun can´t outperformed by others IF modded right, highest singeltarget dmg in the game, u can 1 hit all what is possibel to 1hit, and sometimes if u have luck , u can 1hit enemys which normaly aren´t possibel :D(bug)

Pretty much when we talk about lanka and luck is all about getting a critical multi-shot.

That's easy to explain. Instead of spending time on the forums he spent more time actually playing the game.

You gents make a lot of sense lol though in my defense I'm a gold something or other in both so I assumed they were linked.

Michael Clark Duncan said it best, "when you assume you make an &#!, outta yaself!"

edit: although rank 7 is gold novice, not initiate so that should have been a dead give away... Whoops.jpg

The quote is "when you ASSUME somthing you make an &#! out of U and ME"

If you think the Lanka is bad then you're using it wrong. I've seen complaints about this weapon for weeks. I only skimmed the comments but a lot of talk is going about DPS. Lanka is NOT a DPS weapon. That's not how it's used. It's used to take out single targets or drop enemies with a weak point fast. 

Charge time becomes a joke once you have speed trigger and shred installed. Even max speed trigger is suitable. It's easier to aim than a bow as well. The shot moves incredibly fast making it rather easy to compensate for moving targets. You need to get a feel for it. 

The damage is insane though. Even without damage mods you can easily tackle enemies in the 30s and 40s. You can break the thousands off a crit with a banshee using Sonar.

Let's face it. At the end of the day the Lanka is a sniper rifile. It's not an every use weapon. It's not going to be something you can take into every mission with you and shine.

People forgot this is a RAILGUN!!! omg,,, a bow cant reach the speed of Railgun shot, a Bow cant penetrate the same of RAILGUN shot. and lanka dmg will be a normal dmg (armor ignore) +bonus of electric charge..

sorry for my english, but seriusly lanka have so many thing bad.

Its more like a coilgun then a railgun acording to the lore and as such it should not have a shot travel time as both of these weapon types in current times have a faster projectile speed the powder powered projectiles and I could only see them incressing shot speed as the tech improves