Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lanka - I See Why Nobody Uses This!

Tatersail

The only place in the entire game that the Lanka is called a railgun is in the PLAYER EDITED wiki.  NOWHERE in-game, stated by DE, or any other official source is the term railgun even used, only "high velocity projectile through magnetic induction" which does not mean railgun, it just means electrically powered gun (yes, guns that use electricity to fire a bullet instead of gunpowder are in the making).  Sure, it seems like a railgun that happens to generally shoot a bullet the size of your head, but no, that's not what it actually is. 

Yes, puncture and hitscan would be nice to have, but no, they are not necessary.  The gun already has the potential to do 20k damage against corpus with a high clip size, fast reload speed, and relatively high rate of fire (with speed trigger)... what more can you ask for???

"Magnetic Induction" is what makes a "coilgun" a coilgun so yes its not a railgun but it is a coilgun

I like the Lanka, but it's pretty damn situational. High single shot damage late game, the problem is it gets outclassed by the DPS of some of the other weapons in the mid-game, which is where 90% of the gameplay is, so there really isn't much point to using it unless you feel like doing high level defense. Hurray for there being no reason at all to play against high level enemies!

If nothing else, I'd like to see the charge mechanic gone. It is annoying and cumbersome, and doesn't actually add anything to the feel of weapon.

Rather than having to manually charge they should just make it auto-charge after each shot. Would add fire delay without the annoying mechanic.

Also given the railgun moas can shoot though walls why doesn't our railgun.

First of all, it only takes 1.5 seconds to charge, which can be reduced to next-to-instant through modding. You can even start charging the next round right after you fire.

Also, it doesn't do 200 electrical damage, it does 250 serrated blade (which ignores armor)

It has a really good reload speed considering that it's a sniper rifle.

The only downside, is the travel time.

Its not a sniper rifle.

Sniper rifles dont need to be charged holding the trigger. 

Its broken. Two slots that should be used for criticals or corrupted mods are used to minimize the stupid charging mechanic.

Thats the reason why I asked for implementation of a non-charge damage weeks ago, which was to be around 100 (the same of Snipetron) and was met with hostility by the nerfer gang.

Lanka should work like Paris do, you choose if you want to charge it or not. Its not the same as the Ogris, since the Ogris is a rocket launcher and do AoE damage, whereas Lanka hits only one target (or two if you use Shred mod).

Also I asked to fix Volt's shield range limit for sniper rifles, because its the only thing that turns Lanka into hitscan. A sniper thats not hitscan its not a sniper.

Im very happy to see more than 50 likes in this topic, lots os funz just to imagine nerfer gang going nutz. Time for DE to make a tenno sniper rifle and a map for sniping with grineer snipers in unreachable areas.

Edited by Wolfstorm18

actually it's closer to a Coilgun as there are no visible rails in said gun, and there's no where in the game that says it's a railgun

I was going to say that 'because coilgun can't into high-speed projectiles', but then I remembered how slow lankas' projectile is.

Thats the reason why I asked for implementation of a non-charge damage weeks ago, which was to be around 100 (the same of Snipetron) and was met with hostility by the nerfer gang.

Lanka should work like Paris do, you choose if you want to charge it or not. Its not the same as the Ogris, since the Ogris is a rocket launcher and do AoE damage, whereas Lanka hits only one target (or two if you use Shred mod).

Also I asked to fix Volt's shield range limit for sniper rifles, because its the only thing that turns Lanka into hitscan. A sniper thats not hitscan its not a sniper.

Im very happy to see more than 50 likes in this topic, lots os funz just to imagine nerfer gang going nutz. Time for DE to make a tenno sniper rifle and a map for sniping with grineer snipers in unreachable areas.

1) Nerfer gang? There's no nerfer gang for the Lanka, and there shouldn't be a buffer gang either. The Lanka is just fine.

2) The Lanka can already hit two targets with Split Chamber. The Lanka is not a versatile sniper, but it's a good one (i.e. does extremely high DPH consistently).

3) The Lanka's projectile travels at 200 meters per second, practical hitscan. A real sniper rifle doesn't even have hitscan.

4) +1 Delusion, + 1 Old News, -1 Speculation

Edited by ChaoticVice777

1) Nerfer gang? There's no nerfer gang for the Lanka, and there shouldn't be a buffer gang either. The Lanka is just fine.

2) The Lanka can already hit two targets with Split Chamber. The Lanka is not a versatile sniper, but it's a good one (i.e. does extremely high DPH consistently).

3) The Lanka's projectile travels at 200 meters per second, practical hitscan. A real sniper rifle doesn't even have hitscan.

4) +1 Delusion, + 1 Old News, -1 Speculation

Should we replace the word good with powerful?

I mean with this game it takes more than power to make a sniper good.

Hitscan plays a part in it as well.

As well as lack of a charge time.

Snipertron being versatile, Lanka being powerful.

A good sniper would be a combination of both with necessary drawbacks for balance.

Should we replace the word good with powerful?

I mean with this game it takes more than power to make a sniper good.

Hitscan plays a part in it as well.

As well as lack of a charge time.

Snipertron being versatile, Lanka being powerful.

A good sniper would be a combination of both with necessary drawbacks for balance.

Well, the Lanka is the king of snipers, while the Snipetron Vandal is just versatile. For example, the Braton series is versatile, but there are many weapons better than those (excluding possibly the Braton Prime).

Hitscan vs. 200 meters per second travel time (practical hitscan)

Fire rate vs. Charge time (equates to a lower fire rate) <- Sniper rifles fire slowly anyhow, just don't let the ROF become too unbearable.

The Lanka is a balanced king of snipers (I would say the Snipetron Vandal is not balanced) because it deals the highest armor-ignoring damage per shot of any weapon in the game while having the major drawbacks of charge time and inability to fire uncharged shots with the negligible travel time.

this thread is completely out of date, its only related to the old electric damage lanka not the current god tier awesome lanka

stop necroing/bumping it as it is no longer relevant to the game/players/devs

check the date and remember the lanka changes