Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] No idea how to pass the cave

Eldnacpeek

Question

14 answers to this question

That first part was definitely frustrating. You just have to time it right, and run. Once you get through that part it saves your progress so that if you run into trouble later you won't have to do that part again. It gets a little less frustrating after that section (then it gets frustrating again for a minute). Just don't give up!

3 hours ago, Skaleek said:

You run for it if youre right before the stairs, just make sure you do it when the guys are way back

Okay, now another problem; pressing 5 is doing nothing on the maw to activate Transference after I stun it. Is there any specific way to do this?

Thats weird, it doesnt reset when you die?

die to reset ai and try again.

I needed to aim and spam the hell out of 5. Out of the cave now, but this was agonizing and I'm definitely not enjoying this quest after most of it being stuck on various, poorly explained, poorly assigned key parts. Thanks for your help, though I can guarantee you'll hear a new problem from me in about 10 minutes.

1 minute ago, LazerSkink said:

I needed to aim and spam the hell out of 5. Out of the cave now, but this was agonizing and I'm definitely not enjoying this quest after most of it being stuck on various, poorly explained, poorly assigned key parts. Thanks for your help, though I can guarantee you'll hear a new problem from me in about 10 minutes.

When you fight the new guards, be patient. learn from the first one you get to fight really well before moving on, it'll come in handy

19 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

You might have had the same problem I did. Instead of using the E key for the ability to stun, I aimed at the golden maw with my mouse, which technically did stun it. However, like you described, the maw sorta spazzed out and flew in the air. Tried to press 5 like 30ish times to try to transference with it before giving up and going to the forums to see if people had similar issues. Only figured I'd try different keys by chance. After that, whenever I goofed and went back to that point, there were no problems. The issue might just have been confusion about which ability to use. 

Also, might be interesting for those who don't know:
For the part after where the other maws attack you, you have a secret attack by either using the aim key and space or aim key and regular attack (can't remember). You'll know if you go into first person mode as the maw. It one-shots them XD

When you fight the new guards, be patient. learn from the first one you get to fight really well before moving on, it'll come in handy

The guard fight I knew a stun was required, but I had no issue with them. The only problem I had in a battle was figuring out how to break the Queen's "shield", when all I had to do was just Void Dash when she was about to attack.

Quest overall; minus the hours of confusion, dispondency, and cosmic rage, I'd say it was definitely quite the experience near the end. And I really didn't realize allowing Teshin to kill the Queen would be such a dark scene.

3 hours ago, Aburith said:

---

Keybinding changes weren't attempted, but I eventualyl figured it out that I was using the wrong power and a lot of management wass required from there.

Edited by LazerSkink