Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[spoilers] choices in war within dialogue

Cosmic_Elf

Well I wish to be a good Tenno , like playing the light side as a Jedi or paragon in mass effect. My choice to let the wormy queen rotI by sparing her life giving her a second chance in life, seemed to have been a good point, but I chose control of the thingy that was on the staff and that was not a good point because of evil flashback memories and my face turned evil.. And I suppose destroying it would have been the right thing ah to late now...I don't know how this would effect me.

Edited by Cosmic_Elf

The last choice doesn't affect your ending. I was neutral for the most part until the end where I drank the kuva because the others sounded too cliche/hero-like. However just from look through the forums it appears what we chose in the end had no affect on the outcome.

30 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

The result is the same, though by neutral you'll be giving Kuva to Teshin which i believe symbolize giving him his "freedom". I consider that a better choice.

I was looking for that choice but thought control meant wielding the scepter.

I went neutral for two reasons. There has been no context given behind the alignment system and like the Lotus says 'We must maintain the balance' (Plus I felt more badass taking out the queen myself).

Wish I could find a youtube video showing the 'light' choices. I can only find ones on the dark decisions.

On 16 de novembro de 2016 at 7:58 PM, SanguineSavant said:

I went neutral for two reasons. There has been no context given behind the alignment system and like the Lotus says 'We must maintain the balance' (Plus I felt more badass taking out the queen myself).

Wish I could find a youtube video showing the 'light' choices. I can only find ones on the dark decisions.

I went full light, but didn't recorded it :/

The ending with tenno going "dark" is the same though.

• 3 weeks later...
On Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 9:14 PM, Cosmic_Elf said:

Well I wish to be a good Tenno , like playing the light side as a Jedi or paragon in mass effect. My choice to let the wormy queen rotI by sparing her life giving her a second chance in life, seemed to have been a good point, but I chose control of the thingy that was on the staff and that was not a good point because of evil flashback memories and my face turned evil.. And I suppose destroying it would have been the right thing ah to late now...I don't know how this would effect me.

Its not so much good vs evil, but order vs chaos. The tenno bring balance to the system but their methods are based on player choice.

• 1 month later...
On 13/11/2016 at 2:23 AM, Postal_pat said:

The last choice doesn't affect your ending. I was neutral for the most part until the end where I drank the kuva because the others sounded too cliche/hero-like. However just from look through the forums it appears what we chose in the end had no affect on the outcome.

I think it's based on the amount of questions you answered as sun/neutral/moon. 3 or higher, if I am right, should lead to that respective outcome, while 2 Sun choices and 2 Moon choices will lead to neutral. I think 2 neutral and 2 sun/moon should lead to sun/moon.

The choices in the quests are apperently NOT directly meant to be good, neutral or evil. Neither does white mean good and black means bad. Your Tenno remains either good or at worst neutral.

What the choices do seem to represent is a general philosophy your Tenno might express. This is not an alignment meter, but a general expression of your Tenno's mentality.  In terms of what the choices represent it's more Rejection, Controll and Acceptance.

White/light/day means to push/fight against, reject and force things.

Black/dark/night means to go with the flow, accept and let things be.

The middle ground (twilight) meanwhile means to change the flow, neither to truely accept or reject and take controll of things.

Each of these can be seen as good or bad, depending on the context.

Now this is important:

You have to see this whole system in the long run. Your choice now are likeley not meant to put your Tenno into a certain philosophy straight away. The way it looks to me, this whole thing is meant to express which of these philosophies your Tenno will in the end lean towards more often. So it doesn't mater where your Tenno is now. But where they will be in 10 quests from now.

Also there is the whole metal thing the meter is build into. These might change over time too, expressing perhaps the Tenno staying firm into one philosophy or changing a lot.

• 2 months later...