Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mild Spoiler]Riven Mods' Systematic Names Explained [Complete! All possible stats and their names are known now!]

Cythphn

As you'll probably have noticed, Riven mods' names are systematic, much like the names of organic molecules, except a lot simpler.

Riven mods' names consist of two or three parts and in general take the form Prefix-CoreSuffix. Prefixes and cores are the same thing, but certain terms take priority over others, causing one term to appear as the prefix and the other as the core.

Each part of the name represents a postive attribute. There are a limited number of these. For each positive attribute, there are two possible ways to get it: the prefix/core, and the suffix. Negative attributes are not represented by the name.

A prefix/core always ends with a vowel.

It is not possible to have two parts of the name grant the same effect, based on what I've seen (no double base damage; why can't we have nice things like Daikyu Visiata?).

Here's the list of the ones I've found so far, based on https://forums.warframe.com/topic/716337-spoiler-post-your-new-mods-here/ and https://forums.warframe.com/topic/715887-spoilers-new-unique-mods/ (after the first major edit):

• Ammo maximum: Ampi (Prefix/Core), Bin (Suffix)
  • Anti-Corpus damage: Manti (Prefix/Core), Tron (Suffix)
  • Anti-Grineer damage: Argi (Prefix/Core), Con (Suffix)
  • Anti-Infested damage: Pura (Prefix/Core), Ada (Suffix)
  • Cold damage: Geli (Prefix/Core), Do (Suffix)
  • Critical chance: Crita (Prefix/Core), Cron (Suffix)
  • Critical damage: Acri (Prefix/Core), Tis (Suffix)
  • Damage: Visi (Prefix/Core), Ata (Suffix)
  • Electric damage: Vexi (Prefix/Core), Tio (Suffix)
  • Fire damage: Igni (Prefix/Core), Pha (Suffix)
  • Fire rate: Croni (Prefix/Core), Dra (Suffix)
  • Flight speed: Conci (Prefix/Core), Nak (Suffix)
  • Impact damage: Magna (Prefix/Core), Ton (Suffix)
  • Magazine capacity: Arma (Prefix/Core), Tin (Suffix)
  • Multi-shot: Sati (Prefix/Core), Can (Suffix)
  • Poison damage: Toxi (Prefix/Core), Tox (Suffix)
  • Punch Through: Lexi (Prefix/Core), Nok (Suffix)
  • Puncture damage: Insi (Prefix/Core), Cak (Suffix)
  • Reload speed: Feva (Prefix/Core), Tak (Suffix)
  • Slash damage: Sci (Prefix/Core), Sus (Suffix)
  • Status chance: Hexa (Prefix/Core), Dex (Suffix)
  • Status duration: Deci (Prefix/Core), Des (Suffix)
  • Weapon recoil: Zeti (Prefix/Core), Mag (Suffix)
  • Zoom: Hera (Prefix/Core), Lis (Suffix)

Examples, explained by the list:

• Ignis Argi-satido: Anti-Grineer damage, Multishot, Cold damage
  • Synapse Sati-gelides: Multishot, Cold damage, Status duration
  • Opticor Critaada: Critical chance, Anti-Infested damage
  • Snipetron Heracon: Zoom, Anti-Grineer damage
  • Latron Deci-puratron: Status duration, Anti-Infested damage, Anti-Corpus damage

Based on player suggestions, these are also possible:

• Ignis Manti-Argiada: Anti-Corpus damage, Anti-Grineer damage, Anti-Infested damage (suggested by Primbone)

Edited by Cythphn
Added a Suggestion
  • Like 2

Altough your post is interesting no doubt, and I don't have nothing new for you.
I must agree that the rng on this mods is awfull... in all kinds of ways..
To aquire them altough not much data on that, the stats you get, the weapon,the cost to alter the stats, the cost to equip,the mastery, the chance to even be usefull or to be for a weapon that you have, the kuva farm... the names... All this rng with grind in the middle sure makes a scary combination.

The list is now complete! Based on the other thread in General Discussion ( https://forums[dot]warframe[dot]com/topic/715887-spoilers-new-unique-mods/ ), I have managed to complete the list, by adding Zeti, -sus and -ton.

Please keep in mind that this thread is meant to be informative with regards to what kind of Riven mods exist and what they're called, more than anything else. If you wish to share your opinion on Riven mods, I suggest you do so in General Discussion.

Some parts clearly originate from a real, related word (Toxi, Tox, Igni, Crita, Pura), others are from real words that aren't necessarily directly related (Magna, Arma) and for the others' origins, I have only vague ideas or none at all.

First off, THANK YOU for compiling all the prefixes and suffixes into a list. Honestly needed that info.

As for how they are balanced, I am perfectly fine with rerolling the Riven mods for better stats, but that's largely because I'm a Diablo 3 addict. The only thing that I can complain about is the endlessly escalating reroll costs, which start to get absurd after a while.

Edit: Now to begin the painful process of trying to roll a Daikyu for crit chance and damage...

Edited by PhiZero

57 minutes ago, Akavakaku said:

Does anyone think this Quanta mod is good? +Toxin, +Status chance, +Damage to Grineer, -Zoom. Should I keep it or try to re-roll?

I'd say only toxin is really good, but it isn't exactly bad as far as the others go. If you have the Kuva to cycle twice, you could go for the re-roll. Otherwise, you should stick with it.

1 hour ago, Cythphn said:

I'd say only toxin is really good, but it isn't exactly bad as far as the others go. If you have the Kuva to cycle twice, you could go for the re-roll. Otherwise, you should stick with it.

Is it worth replacing regular mods with, though?

Depends. If you're using the combined status/toxin damage mod, then probably yes. Otherwise, it might not be obvious if you're getting an advantage by equipping it and you should calculate dps and status with normal mods and with the Riven mod.

Edited by Cythphn

May i try to give example names for a riven mod?

My example: DMR Manti-Argiada (+ damage to grineer, corpus and infested | note that a minus stat may appear randomly)

Ignis Manti-Argiada (same as above)

(Hell, that will be very painful against corrupted enemies in void :o )

Soma Visi-Critatis (+ dmg, crit chance and crit dmg)

Simulor Gelitio (+ cold and electricity dmg | wonder if this mod will directly make a magnetic dmg instead of separate cold and electricity dmg)

Edited by Primbone

6 minutes ago, Primbone said:

May i try to give name for a riven mod?

My example: DMR Manti-Argiada (+ damage to grineer, corpus and infested | note that a minus stat may appear randomly)

Ignis Manti-Argiada (same as above)

(Hell, that will be very painful against corrupted enemies in void :o )

Have you seen a Riven mod with that name? If you haven't, I cannot include it, because I wouldn't know if the order of the prefix and the core is correct.

I have tried to figure out what causes the prefix to be in the prefix position, as opposed to the core position (and vice versa), but the priority system is seemingly irregular.

One may think that one prefix/core always takes priority over another, but this is not the case. See also: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/716337-spoiler-post-your-new-mods-here/?page=2#comment-8008795 for a Dread Magna-Gelibin and https://forums.warframe.com/topic/716337-spoiler-post-your-new-mods-here/?page=7#comment-8014439 for a Grinlok Geli-Magnator.

Edited by Cythphn
Fixed broken link

I just trying about giving the name for them, i hope those pre & suffixes correct (or just say that they're one of my custom riven mods :P )

Also, if they can be exist, it will have a very low chance, despite the combination of weapon specific and stat naming themselves, are vast and almost possibly obtainable

Edited by Primbone

Alright, it turns out the calculation (as far as I could tell it should be) is fairly simple. Here's how to arrive at the total number of possible Riven mod stat combinations, including negatives (a negative attribute cannot be of the same type as a positive one on the same mod, this is important for the calculation):

There's 24 total options for a first stat (n = 0) and 24 -  n for any follow up stats, giving:

T = 24 * 23 = 552 different two-stat Riven mods (double positive)

D = 24 * 23 * 22 = 12144 different three-stat Riven mods (triple positive/double positive, single negative)

V = 24 * 23 * 22 * 21 = 255024 different four-stat Riven mods (triple positive, single negative)

For a total of K = T + D + V = 267720 different Riven mods

Now, because this gives a 95.3% chance for any given Riven mod to have four stats, which is evidently not the case judging from the forum threads linked in the OP, I suspect the generating system is biased heavily towards generating a two- or three-stat Riven mod. This weighted RNG makes it difficult for me to tell what the odds are of arriving at one specific combination of stats after cycling the mod's stats.

Edited by Cythphn
Style

On 11/13/2016 at 5:21 AM, Cythphn said:

Some parts clearly originate from a real, related word (Toxi, Tox, Igni, Crita, Pura), others are from real words that aren't necessarily directly related (Magna, Arma) and for the others' origins, I have only vague ideas or none at all.

I just assumed that were the Grineer lisped-pronunciations of the various effects. Consider the following trivium from the Nitain page on the wiki:

Trivia

• The description of harvesting Nitain is based from the method of recycling greenhouse compounds from germinated colonies underwater as another source of fuel, specifically Methane.
    • Because of this, it is possible that Nitain is in fact Methane, with its name being bastardised by the Grineer's lisp.