Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inconcistency in how to get Warframes

ToaSirian

In the current state of the game, the way you can acquire warframes is very diverse - too diverse, in my opinion.

Frames are locked(new player perspective) behind either:

-Solar chart progress(quest/part BP rewarded after junction completion): Limbo, Chroma, (Mesa) and Mirage

-Farming bosses: Rhino, Hydriod, Frost, Mag, Trinity, Valkyr, Nova, Ember, Exuinox, Loki, Excalibur, Saryn, Atlas (&Mesa)

-Syndicate/relay Quests: Titania and Inaros

-Joining a clan with a tenno lab: Banshee, Zephyr, Volt,  Wukong, Nezha

For example, you can only get Mirage after you finish the Second Dream, While the first frame you can get the parts for is Rhino, but you cant build him till Jupiter because you need a neural sensor for the Neuroptics. You basically cant build any frame till Jupiter.

At least the order in which you get warframes should be associated with the difficulty of the frames. 

Say you are a new player, and you want to try one of the other presented starterframes, you have to go to Phobos for Mag, for Excaliber all the way to Pluto and to get Volt, you have to join a clan.

I think the diversity is good, but...

11 minutes ago, ToaSirian said:

you cant build him till Jupiter because you need a neural sensor for the Neuroptics. You basically cant build any frame till Jupiter.

...this is an issue.

Edit: Excalibro on Pluto is quite odd though, I'll give you that.

Edited by DrBorris

Yeah, that was always one thing that always had me confused regarding the choices on where to receive certain Warframes in relation to their difficulty of using such Warframe versus thematic relevance to the game's overall universe and lore (universe: figuratively and literally).

Nothing wrong with how to get them mind you, but who you're trying to get is when things start to get a bit complicated. Especially since it's pretty apparent DE (and in-turn the community as well) have an overall idea what Warframes are more "beginner-friendly" as in the more simple, more intuitive, and in some respects almost one-dimensional (not a bad thing at all) over the more complicated and advanced Warframes where to even utilize a fraction of their abilities you'll need to be a point where you have a plethora of mods and support to fine-tune them to where you (and the design-team) wants said Warframe to be.

I remember when I first started getting so frustrated with Valkyr because how much I kept dying and her abilities were completely lackluster (back in the days where Hysteria was on a timer prior to any rework), without understanding the significance of defense mods like Vitallity and Steel Fiber were. I mean even then if I did have a grasp of it, it wouldn't have mattered because I wouldn't have had the mods, and subsequently the credits, to even level it to the point where it would've been noticeably beneficial.
Let alone where obtaining reactors and catalysts were few-and-far between and finding other players to join you in otherwise a dead node was a pipeline dream. But I digress lol.

Anyway, point being, I do agree that they should give some consideration of looking back into the placement of certain Warframes in relation to when newer players can obtain them.

Especially ones like Volt, where it's pretty clear that they only threw him there (as well with Banshee) because they couldn't find another way to put them in properly. Just look how many times they had to change the way to obtain them haha~

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

24 minutes ago, HalfDarkShadow said:
Anyway, point being, I do agree that they should give some consideration of looking back into the placement of certain Warframes in relation to when newer players can obtain them.

I remember them talking about wanting to give frames their own quests, especially those that have been put into the dojo. That was back when dojos where introduced.

The dojo's home to some of the least played frames in the game, so I doubt it will ever happen.