Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf The Range Needed For Heavy Gunner/ Napalm Ground Pound

Hayden11121

My Loki with max rush cannot dragon kick these guys in the face before they decide to knock me over. Every fight with them to me is basically "Let them knock me down, get up, then kill them."

Reducing the range maybe to half of what it is but still giving it the AoE it is is a way to let people run by them, because as of now they can effectively CC an entire team because a sentinel got too close.

or, since you use loki, you can go invisible and not trigger the knockdown, or, since you are loki, you can bait it with decoy.  or, since you have a gun...well, shoot them.

I like having enemies with the potential to be nearly as deadly as we are, even if it is just because of a knockdown

I think the whole point is that you can't just melee everything...

Have you tried blocking the pound? I usually shoot them so it never came up, but I was surprised to find that blocking stopped ancient knockdown and disruptor energy drain.

or, since you use loki, you can go invisible and not trigger the knockdown, or, since you are loki, you can bait it with decoy.  or, since you have a gun...well, shoot them.

I like having enemies with the potential to be nearly as deadly as we are, even if it is just because of a knockdown

No. That is stunlock.

And if you know anything about Loki you know his invis does not trigger Sentinel to go invis, unlike Ash.

So the sentinel sets off his AoE.

I find it silly that the ground pound can still hit you if you're in the air.

It is kinda stupid that they can ground pound and hit you while you're in the air...

lol, was going to say "hivemind!" but then I realized posts were 5 minutes apart.

Think the only issue is how fast they activate it.

Yeah you can do a flying kick and WHAM, in an instant he/she knocks you right out of the air.

Yeah, right. Sure. Whatever.

Even if you approach from behind, they still "see" you.

I do not believe this is necessary. As far as I know, the entire point of this ability is to prevent you from being able to go and whack them in melee combat. Why would they nerf it to allow you to go up and whack them in melee combat?

Can we seriously stop nerfing everything? Heavy Grineer are supposed to be hard. They're supposed to be the pillar of strength and power for that race of enemies. If you can't find a way to defeat them without getting hit by their stun, then something is terribly, terribly wrong with your playstyle.

If you absolutely HAVE to melee them (which you don't), just run up to them just enough to where they're going to do their AOE stun, and back off before it hits you. I've done it countless times as Ember, who's one of the slower frames. You should have -no- trouble as Loki doing it once you learn the sweet spot. Once they do it, they won't be able to do it again for a little while. That's when you can happily dropkick/melee them.

Also, just because their AOE stun has an animation that "hits the ground" doesn't mean they're literally hitting the ground. Ember's Fire Blast has her "hit the ground", but the fire ring that's created is floating in the air - every enemy, both in the air and on the ground, is hit by it (unless of course they're flying relatively high). Less nitpicking, people.

I do not believe this is necessary. As far as I know, the entire point of this ability is to prevent you from being able to go and whack them in melee combat. Why would they nerf it to allow you to go up and whack them in melee combat?

Also, this. ^

Edited by SoulEchelon

a) No, blocking does not prevent any sort of knock-back or special effects (ie: disrupters, elemental damages, etc.).  All it does is reduce incoming damage by ~50%, after that it's useless.  There are lots of other threads to discuss this. 

b) I strongly agree that we do need stronger enemies that give us pause in this game that we can't simply rush by and lawl-rape them all.  Having this AoE knock-back is an excellent example of this, however, in my opinion, I feel it is much to straight forward and very much disrupts the flow of the game (not only because of how it messes up with your own movement, but because of how their AI uses it so stupidly sometimes, and how long the cool-down of it is makes it even more useless once triggered).  Which leads me to my suggestion:

Suggestion:

1) Replace knock-back to be a ranged single targeting mele attack (figure out the details of it later, but basically it would attempt to knock-back the single target in range, much like an ancients attack, but could be blocked/dodged with some good skill). 

2) Remove the cooldown of this attack (would make grineer heavies act much less awkwardly at close range after completing this attack). 

3) Cause Grineer Heavies to start attacking any successfully knock-down'd targets (to deal maximum damage, would flow better than constantly knock-backing a downed target).

4) Allow the possibility to dodge it (extremely difficult), along with certain weapons to block this knock-back (effectively "hit the block button and win," but you would have to predict/react quickly enough to do so; basically a feature that would have to be discussed in all of those "bring blocking back to life" threads).