Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Cells And Void.

Xylia

So.....the Void Gives us two new weapons:

Reaper Prime

Latron Prime

Both of which take TEN Orokin Cells EACH to make.

In-game, Orokin Cells are supposed to be remnants of Orokin Technology that still function. They are required to make Forma (more Orokin Tech), Orokin Catalysts, Orokin Reactors, and Warframes, as well as a few weapons.

My question:

Why don't Orokin Cells drop in the Void, which is supposed to be full of Orokin Technology?

Especially since the two weapon BPs you get there take a ridiculous number of them?

It is already beyond lame that there are materials listed for the Void, but absolutely never drop (I've never once seen a Resource drop in the Void), but needing that stinking many Orokin Cells for Void stuff and having to kill Ruk or Kril that many times to get enough is beyond tedious.

It wouldn't be so bad if Orokin Cells occasionally dropped in the Void, we could get a few while farming the components for the two Prime weapons.

In-game, it makes complete sense that Orokin Cells would be scattered throughout the Void.

So......why not?

EDIT: Another suggestion: killing traps (laser turrets, etc) maybe has a 5-10% chance of yielding an Orokin Cell?

Edited by Xylia

I agree, except for the traps - that would defeat the purpose of farming them if each trap had a 5-10% chance of dropping one.

Well maybe 10% is a little high, some of those rooms have 3-4 laser traps per room lol.

2-5%? Kinda like opening lockers?

The idea is that these Orokin Cells are powering the laser traps and when you "kill" one, sometimes you can salvage the Cell out of the wreckage.

Edited by Xylia

I agree. The squad and I obtained either Reaper Prime or Latron prime yesterday. Then we went to look for the Orokin cells. About 5 disappointments later, we talked about how they should be in the void. It just makes sense. Sure, we can farm a boss to get them. While not difficult, it is tedious to run 2-4 minutes just to kill the boss in 10-15 seconds, then go back another 1-4 minutes. Along with the pre- and post-mission time. It is just a bad grind given the cell is not a sure drop.

We are supposed to get Alloy Plate, Rubedo and Gallium in the void according to the available resources in the top right while waiting in the void lobby.

So while thre does not appear to be any future plans by DE to have Orokin Cells drop in the void there are plans for resources to drop in the void.

I agree. The squad and I obtained either Reaper Prime or Latron prime yesterday. Then we went to look for the Orokin cells. About 5 disappointments later, we talked about how they should be in the void. It just makes sense. Sure, we can farm a boss to get them. While not difficult, it is tedious to run 2-4 minutes just to kill the boss in 10-15 seconds, then go back another 1-4 minutes. Along with the pre- and post-mission time. It is just a bad grind given the cell is not a sure drop.

Take faster frames (e.g. Loki), suit up with Rush, Marathon and Quick Rest and you should be able to run it from voting to closing the post-mission review in ~4 minutes on average (I've timed it). It's still bollocks given how infrequent the drops are, but it shouldn't take you more than an hour or two to get 10+.

Take faster frames (e.g. Loki), suit up with Rush, Marathon and Quick Rest and you should be able to run it from voting to closing the post-mission review in ~4 minutes on average (I've timed it). It's still bollocks given how infrequent the drops are, but it shouldn't take you more than an hour or two to get 10+.

Yeah, thanks for the input.  I was racing against an Ash with my Banshee. So we didn't have much of an issue, however the rest had Mags and happen to be slow players. We couldn't just drop them since that's my non-clan squad mates , and we all needed the cells. Oh well, now I just need control modules for other things...   -.-

Time to play random mission on Neptune.

Edited by Vitalidad