The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Playing with an FPS over 60 breaks cloth physics

Eternal

So I made a reply to the megathread twice but this never got reported as a bug or fixed so I thought I'd make a separate post about it here.

If you play with a refresh rate of over 60hz or play w/ a framerate over 60, cloth physics on your warframe (like Syandanas, Saryn P's tentacles or Frost's new physics) will react faster than they should.

Found out that it was because of my framerate that this was happening. For instance if I capped my framerate at 60 the cloth physics were completely normal. So it seems that the baseline for the physics is for the game to be running at 60fps, so if I then ran it at 120fps it would react 2x as fast, 180fps would react 3x as fast so on and so forth. Basically the physics calculations are done on the fps of the engine now.

I made a video explaining and showing what's going on (probably easier to understand)

Not really sure why or how this happened when TWW dropped but please fix this, it's driving me crazy that I have to cap my framerate to keep my syandana from spazzing out.

Edited by Zenviscerator
Better title to represent the post more

15 hours ago, Zenviscerator said:

If you play with a refresh rate of over 60hz or play w/ a framerate over 60, cloth physics on your warframe (like Syandanas, Saryn P's tentacles or Frost's new physics) will react faster than they should.

Hi Zenviscerator, 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are currently working to improve cloth physics and we hope to have a fix for you very soon. 

Oh wow. If this is the cause of my dodgy Frost coat I'll be well happy.

I keep seeing people saying the coat has nice physics or it works, but I've been having a completely difference experience. Ironically I just posted in a thread about his coat being glitchy and started to wonder whether it was just me or something.

Edit: Wow, it was the cause. Please fix O_o

The coat still clips his feet though.

Edited by Naith

I have this issue as well, GTX 1070 (which is also doing the physX as well). 

All my Syandanas have been looking crazy and it was really frustrating!! I figured it was just a bug with TWW and didn't think to try another framerate..

I play with a frame rate from abut 150-200 so this must be my issue!!! I'll change it back to cap at 60 until this is fixed, thanks for the info!! :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2016 at 3:23 PM, [DE]Dmitri said:

We are currently working to improve cloth physics and we hope to have a fix for you very soon. 

Hate go back to a thread like this but is this still expected to be fixed? It's been 3 weeks and I have heard nothing about this in any of the patch notes. Still the most noticable issue (for me) especially on syandanas like Misa. It's driving me nuts not being able to play with my usual refresh rate just to enjoy the nice cloth physics.

Anything would be appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

I'm hoping this gets fixed soon, I've been having this problem since u17 hit haha. 

It was different then where it somehow slowed down, but now it's going faster depending on how high your framerate is

I just don't understand why they didn't revert the changes back to the way it was from the recurring dreams (the update before TWW)