Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new MOD type.

Kipipi

Riven mods. I just wanted to pop in here and throw in my 2 cents SO FAR.

I reserve the right to edit and/or add to this post if I come to any more conclusions about them in the future.

HOWEVER, as it stands now, I believe there are 6 (maybe 7?) layers of RNG involved in obtaining, unlocking, and seeing if what you've got is worth a damn.

1.) RNG to get a mod.

2.) RNG to get the weapon type.

3.) RNG to get that weapons' stat types.

4.) RNG for stat values.

5.) RNG decides what challenge to unlock mod.

6.) RNG to decide the mods' polarity.

7.) RNG in the re-rolling! (with super double extra bonus exponential increasing costs! :D )

Being a programmer and a gamer, I have a very close knit relationship and views on RNG and its uses. Setting aside my biases though, I still can't help but feel defeated before I even start obtaining these mods.

The amount of 'stars that have to align' to get the 'best of the best' seems insurmountable.

I will continue to browse the forums to try and get more perspectives on the new update, and especially these new mods.

Thanks for reading. 

2 minutes ago, Kipipi said:

I reserve the right to edit and/or add to this post if I come to any more conclusions about them in the future

Pretty sure you don't... just saying.

Also, you missed one layer, how many stats types there are. Some Riven mods have 2 stats, some have 3 positives and 1 negative etc.

4 minutes ago, Kipipi said:

The amount of 'stars that have to align' to get the 'best of the best' seems insurmountable.

Starting from scratch and trying to roll the perfect combo of weapon/stats yeah it seems pretty bad, but I've seen a number of incredibly useful results here and in-game to know that probably easier to just wait for the perfect mod to fall into your lap than attempt to roll it yourself.

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Pretty sure you don't... just saying.

Also, you missed one layer, how many stats types there are. Some Riven mods have 2 stats, some have 3 positives and 1 negative etc.

OK?

Just saw a Boltor mod:

91.7% multi shot, 49.6% mag capacity, 140.5% damage increase, -40.3% ammo maximum

Boltor, V polarity, mastery 8, 18 polarity

1 minute ago, Kipipi said:

OK?

My point was that a mod can lock this thread, and you can't post in it any longer. None of us technically have the 'right' to post.

2 minutes ago, Kipipi said:

Just saw a Boltor mod:

91.7% multi shot, 49.6% mag capacity, 140.5% damage increase, -40.3% ammo maximum

Boltor, V polarity, mastery 8, 18 polarity

Nice mod, but yeah, that's got 3 positives and one negative.

http://image.prntscr.com/image/872d2e5277784991a72c4503cc922763.png

This one that I pulled from another thread has 3 positives. So the number of stat changes is also a layer of RNG.

Some good ideas overall.

If I were to change the way it works currently, I'd enable the locking or unlocking of a stat / polarity / gun type when re-rolling at the cost of ... Kuva, I guess? The amount doesn't matter as that can be easily hammered out...

Basically, you COULD eventually work towards the mod you really want, in a roundabout way without having to solely rely on RNG and farming nearly endless Kuva to supply this endeavour.