Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destroying Value - Riven Mod Rerolling Feedback

Mazauk

I would appreciate a cap of Increasing Reroll Cost. I destroyed great raw Mods worth hundreds of Plat (Soma Prime Riven Mod with MR 16, +% Toxin Dmg, +%Cold Dmg) and kept rerolling. Now the Mod is pretty much worthless because the Cost for a Reroll are at 15300 now and I have gotten Modifiers such as -% Multishot or -% Damadge which is really starting to annoy me as the cost keeps increasing exponentially.
RNG needs to take time, I get it but it would be less punishing to keep playing and farming. I am regressing my Value at the moment by playing the game, which is unfortunate.

PLEASE CAP REROLL COST AT 5000!

I would appreciate a Possibility to choose wether you want the new Riven Mod or keep your old Stats. Other Games did this and its quite addicting and fun to reroll again and again until you get really awesome results.

Here most of the time its punishing to reroll a decent Riven Mod so its more beneficial to just stop playing.

PLEASE MAKE ME CHOOSE IF I WANT TO KEEP MY OLD MOD AFTER REROLLING!!!

I would greatly appreciate these Changes and I would love to spend a lot of time and effort in upgrading my Riven Mods as soon as the System is tweaked in these ways.

As soon as I get a desired Stat on a Riven Mod you could implement a feature to reroll a SINGLE STAT to increase it further. That would be another time dump :D

A similar system can be found in Warhammer Vermintide which works really well.

rerolling cost should not increase AT ALL, at least with the current system. 

A randomly obtained item, with a random task to unveil, to get a mod  with random stats for a random weapon, gets random stats everytime you reroll... then you need to unveil it again, just to see that you got worst stat from before... OH you want to cycle again? No problem! it will be more expensive this time! 

a better system imo would be capping the rerolling chances at 4 times, but each time you do the mod gets exponentially better. For example:

1. First time you unveil it you get X weapon mod that gives you +status duration, - vision range, you decide to cycle the stats, you pay 900 kuva and do the task to unveil again.
  2. This time you get +critical damage, - damage to infested, + status duration (a random stat from the first cycle is picked); you decided to reroll yet again, this time you pay 1000 kuva.
  3. you get +status chance, -damage to grineer, + heat damage, + critical damage(random stat from second cycle) you decide to reroll for the last time, this time you pay 1500 kuva.
  4. So, you unveil again and you get: , +raw damage, + critical chance, +status chance, +critical damage (two random stat from third cycle). You cry because the weapon is...

Hind

Edited by Lokime

The cost of rerolling would not be a problem if getting then would be easyer, there would be no problem if after rerolling 6 times and dont get something i consider good enough, i could just reroll the mod complete(for another weapon), or trade it for another unveiled one, or just have a relliable way of getting then.

Otherwise, the reroll should not exced 6k kuva(10 misions/reroll)

52 minutes ago, Mazauk said:

Now the Mod is pretty much worthless because the Cost for a Reroll are at 15300

To be quite blunt, this is an extremely new system, and you probably should have waited a month at the very least.  They are still working out the kinks and one of your rerolls that "sucked" could have been auto corrected next week to be amazing.  You'll never know now.

I do think they could set up a decaying system where if you wait long enough the cost slowly goes down over time or something.  Beyond that you reap what you sow.

9 minutes ago, painterman said:

The cost of rerolling would not be a problem if getting then would be easyer, there would be no problem if after rerolling 6 times and dont get something i consider good enough, i could just reroll the mod complete(for another weapon), or trade it for another unveiled one, or just have a relliable way of getting then.

Otherwise, the reroll should not exced 6k kuva(10 misions/reroll)

This.

I wouldn't mind not getting a good reroll 4 times in a row if I knew I had a good chance of getting another Riven mod soon, however they would also have to address the problem of the weapon you get it for seemingly being at random.

2 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

To be quite blunt, this is an extremely new system, and you probably should have waited a month at the very least.  They are still working out the kinks and one of your rerolls that "sucked" could have been auto corrected next week to be amazing.  You'll never know now.

I do think they could set up a decaying system where if you wait long enough the cost slowly goes down over time or something.  Beyond that you reap what you sow.

In that case it's DE's fault for not telling us that. I mean do you seriously expect people to be given a new system to try out and the first thing they do is that the NOT try it?

D

1 minute ago, WereFowl said:

address the problem of the weapon you get it for seemingly being at random.

This is not a problem, this is the bread and butter of the sistem: enforce/encourage weapon diversity. For me, it donst have that much sense, because i already have tested all of the weapons has to offer(STILL MISSING THE F**** WAR) and know what are the ones i like, for instance, i like buzzlock, but its just not good enough. if i can get eventually a riven mod for it i will end up using it.

Just now, painterman said:

This is not a problem, this is the bread and butter of the sistem: enforce/encourage weapon diversity. For me, it donst have that much sense, because i already have tested all of the weapons has to offer(STILL MISSING THE F**** WAR) and know what are the ones i like, for instance, i like buzzlock, but its just not good enough. if i can get eventually a riven mod for it i will end up using it.

Except under this system you're far more likely to get a Riven mod for a trash weapon you will never want to craft, let alone use.

If we had some control over what weapon it was then people would be more willing to get them for the bad-but-fun weapons as they could get their main weapons Riven mod, then after they max it, get a Riven mod for the fun weapons.

9 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

I wanted to play new content after the update and rerolling Riven Mods were the only thing left for me to do in Warframe at the moment :D

I do not complain or cry, I just want to give feedback on how to maybe improve the player experience.

Edited by Mazauk

6 minutes ago, WereFowl said:

I mean do you seriously expect people to be given a new system to try out and the first thing they do is that the NOT try it?

A few times is trying it out, enough to increase the cost to 15k is just being picky as hell.  Just my thoughts on the matter though.  You literally could have stopped at any time and said to yourself "Wow this is starting to cost a fair bit, perhaps I should stop and see what hotfixes bring.".  So no, it isn't really DE's fault you weren't satisfied and kept going.

Anyone who has played this game for a while should know any new mechanics introduced will inevitably bring hotfixes the week or two after.  Just saying.  Or did you really not think it was getting really expensive until you hit that 15k mark and decided to make note of it on the forums?  

I would have stopped at like, 5k tops no matter how terrible the stats were.  I would have just waited to get a new mod later.  Of course, that's just me, not you, and you wanted to go on, your choice.

8 minutes ago, WereFowl said:

If we had some control over what weapon it was then people would be more willing to get them for the bad-but-fun weapons as they could get their main weapons Riven mod, then after they max it, get a Riven mod for the fun weapons.

This is why we have prevented players from choosing what weapon the Riven Mod will be for; if we didn’t, we would end up with millions of Soma Mods and none for the Gorgon. The exponential Cycling costs are there to encourage players to try the existing stats before they embark on the journey to the ‘perfect roll’. For those of you who want to find the best Mod possible, that avenue is available to you, but that is not the goal behind this system.

2 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

A few times is trying it out, enough to increase the cost to 15k is just being picky as hell.  Just my thoughts on the matter though.  You literally could have stopped at any time and said to yourself "Wow this is starting to cost a fair bit, perhaps I should stop and see what hotfixes bring.".  So no, it isn't really DE's fault you weren't satisfied and kept going.

Anyone who has played this game for a while should know any new mechanics introduced will inevitably bring hotfixes the week or two after.  Just saying.  Or did you really not think it was getting really expensive until you hit that 15k mark and decided to make note of it on the forums?  

I would have stopped at like, 5k tops no matter how terrible the stats were.  I would have just waited to get a new mod later.  Of course, that's just me, not you, and you wanted to go on, your choice.

Well Sir I am not complaining or whining about my lost time. I am just giving feedback and making suggestions on how to improve or keep me playing.

Also I really got bad Mods, negative Multishot or negative DMG or just pure useless or ammo only Mods who were inferior to any regular Mod. So yeah thats why I kept going.

Its hard to stop at it because you already lost so much time and energy on it so you struggle to not let it be for nothing. Even my good Mod was  significantly inferior to Prime Cryo Rounds for a viral Build for example.

It should work more like the Grinder in Borderlands Pre-Sequel.

Something like, sacrifice four rare mods +x credits, +x endo, to do a reroll.

Credit value would be the mods credit value combined.

The endo value would be 5 the first time, than 10, than 20, than 40, than 80, than 160, than 320, then 640, than 1280, then 2560 ect.

But only with the same mod.

The endo needed would always be 5 the first time, and double each time after. Capping at 5000 endo, that's a lot, but it seems, reasonable.

Just now, Xekrin said:

I'm sorry but I called Bull on that line the that thread and I'll call bull on it here.

All they're doing is being petty and forcing us to jump through ridiculous RNG hoops.

If they didn't want people getting Riven mods for Somas, then they shouldn't have made it possible to get one. Now that I've got a soma mod I'm going to reroll that until I get a good effect, if I get a gorgon mod it will be completely ignored until I either get a good roll on the soma mod (which is an awful design decision in itself - yeah we're going to FORCE players to grind for longer and longer for each reroll, despite no improvements in the odds of a good status, because of petty vague reasons) or until I run out of room in my Riven mods, in which case the gorgon mod is the one that will go in the bin.

I they had wanted it just for weaker weapons, it should have been exclusive to them. They also should have never had a mod number limit and rerollign shouldn't increase in cost if there's no other benefit to the increased cost.

Yeah, I've wasted my kuva rerolling the same mod over and over, one I spent 200p for. I'm not going to go past the 3400 kuva cost.

I mean sure, let's keep hunting down an increasing number of siphons which give a fixed amount of kuva for the same mod whose rerolling cost goes endlessly higher and higher and higher and higher and higher.

There should be a much lower cap than 5k kuva as OP requests, seeing that the unreliably-encountered siphons only give a flat rate of roughly 600 kuva. 1000, 2000 would be far more tolerable.

4 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Ah. Yes. This.  No reason to continue this one-sided conversation./'

Give me a logical reason then why the reroll costs keep increasing but the basic odds of what effect you get don't seem to change?

Also please explain how they intend to make these mods turn bad weapons good, and for us to use them more, when they are also available for great weapons and we are very restricted in terms of access to Kuva for rerolling

Or feel free to run away, while making up an excuse because you don't have a reply.

Edited by WereFowl