Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dera Vs Braton?

Phoenix86

Question

15 answers to this question

mhm. you see braton can take down groups of enemies faster and with less ammo. dera can't do that. basically single bullet from a braton deals much more damage than single shot from a dera.

but both of those weapon becomes useless after level 100 mobs.

What does it mean ''to lead'?

projectile from dera rifle have travel time. so you must adjust your aim every time when you fire on moving targets. just like with boltor.

Edited by Althix

it is laser damage. which scales better than normal damage against high level mobs. also laser allows you to head shot crewman with out mods. however. metal auger mod have no effect on dera rifle and for me it is a huge disappointment. same situation with supra btw.

with metal auger i need 40 bullets to kill three ancients (level 58) with my braton. on dera you need 40 bullets on each of them. this means you need more time. time to kill have direct impact on how much power you burn to hold those ancients at bay with bastille (for example).

however-however you do not use both of this weapons on high level defenses (let say xini waves 35+) because it is very inefficient. you use other weapons provided by ClanTech for those runs.

so basically it comes to - what weapon you prefer on your warframe on daily basis. on missions like alerts or farming. for enjoyment alone. you can do well with both of those rifles, but braton still will be superior.

Edited by Althix

Well, it depends on what you're using it for. In general, the Braton outclasses it due to sheer fire rate and overall travel time (which is almost triple the Dera's). Also, the fire rate is higher as well; which can essentially mean for x amount of pulses per Dera, you get like... x + 50 of Braton. Of course, this is just a hyperbole.

The Braton lacks the overall requirement to have to adjust aim, since you can run and gun with it. Dera is a slow moving pulse, but powerful; so you'll need to be a bit precise.

In short: bang bang > pew pew. Braton tops.

with metal auger i need 40 bullets to kill three ancients (level 58) with my braton. on dera you need 40 bullets on each of them.

Stopped reading right there.

1) Dera has higher damage.

2) Dera has Laser damage which scales with enemy level.

therefor, dera doesnt need 40 bullets to kill level 58 ancient like Braton :)

it is an example. i fire through 2 ancients and damage 3rd one. you can't do that on dera. which means i deliver more damage anyhow.

1) dera have 22 damage braton 20

2) few %  you get from laser damage bonus is so meaningless. how much do you get there? 5%? 10%+?

i will go with ogris on high level thank you.

however-however you do not use both of this weapons on high level defenses (let say xini waves 35+) because it is very inefficient. you use other weapons provided by ClanTech for those runs.

so basically it comes to - what weapon you prefer on your warframe on daily basis. on missions like alerts or farming. for enjoyment alone. you can do well with both of those rifles, but braton still will be superior.

what weapons would u use? because atm my only true primary is Hek, i really wanted to have an alternative...

Tried braton, boltor, gorgon, paris... none of them satisfied me (i dont have access to dojo weapons atm... i might soon)

Well, it depends on what you're using it for. In general, the Braton outclasses it due to sheer fire rate and overall travel time (which is almost triple the Dera's). Also, the fire rate is higher as well; which can essentially mean for x amount of pulses per Dera, you get like... x + 50 of Braton. Of course, this is just a hyperbole.

The Braton lacks the overall requirement to have to adjust aim, since you can run and gun with it. Dera is a slow moving pulse, but powerful; so you'll need to be a bit precise.

In short: bang bang > pew pew. Braton tops.

That is completely wrong.  Dera and Braton have the same fire rate.  Dera pulses travel around 50 m/s and Braton is hitscan.

I thought laser dmg did normal dmg.

EDIT: Just read the wiki so it seems laser dmg scales better on higher level mobs but its inferior to normal dmg in general.

I'm the one that did the testing and wrote that page.

braton still will be superior.

That's just wrong.  See here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/x5ykdufbk64nols/Warframe_-_Weapon_Damage_Verus_Enemies.xlsx