Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keeping Mods On Failed Missions.

Yes it was exploitable.

Look... I don't know if everyone here in this thread has been here long enough to know... (I know some of you are...) But WE HAVE IT GOOD NOW...

Really we do... It got really good just 2-3 weeks ago. A while back it was only hellfires on xini, outer-terminus, etc. It doesn't matter even if you made it to 12000... Yes TWELVE THOUSAND waves... lol.

When it comes to endless defense, there was I think a whole week (after the big change) of not keeping mods at all. Meaning if you failed you'd lose all mods even if you went through 25 waves and failed at wave 28. There was an outcry and they implemented a system where they'd save your mods/pickups every 5 waves.

I know there's such a thing as being unlucky, but if you're not getting your mods change up your game and play missions in random places, rather than the same 8-9 farming hotspots. You'd be surprised at what you get once you venture beyond your usual repertoire.

Provide an example of exploitation concerning mods alone and only if you or someone else have witnessed it. That means no making up crap that never happens which you'll do anyway.

Provide an example of exploitation concerning mods alone and only if you or someone else have witnessed it. That means no making up crap that never happens which you'll do anyway.

Whoa... Very nice XDeathcoreX...

Making up crap that never happens? What do you refer to? Can you provide an example?

Oh wait what? Not worth your time? Yes... Mine either.

I don't have to provide any examples to you. This is an open forum. Unless the mods start deleting my comments or I get warnings for posts, I'm allowed to share my experience, and/or comments. You too. Keep it civil dude.

Apart from when I'm goofing around on the forums here (which I'm guilty of ALLOT I know) I do try to help other players that ask or are in need of it. However, I am not here to argue or prove anything to anyone. I'm just too old to have that fightin' spirit. If whatever I'm saying isn't useful to you, disagree or suggest something better, but don't go accusing me of fabricating things. lol.

Have a better day.

Then why were mods included if it's just blueprints and resources alone that were causing this. Who farms bosses for mods? Only fools.

They removed keeping anything on a failure because they don't want people quitting if they get what they want.

Seriously man, they were totally clear as to why; for all we know there isn't a clear way to seperate inventory changes between the different pickups and without a major rework it's an all or nothing kinda deal...

Bottom line, you fail you don't get rewarded.

Before they fixed this exploit, there would be a bunch of people leaving when they got what they want. If you don't get why thats a problem then you sir need to go put on your helmet, its time for your 5:00 pudding.

Before they fixed this exploit, there would be a bunch of people leaving when they got what they want. If you don't get why thats a problem then you sir need to go put on your helmet, its time for your 5:00 pudding.

What they wanted was boss drops so they left after getting boss drops. That is what this is all about boss drops, not mods. Don't see why mods have to be included.

You are failing the mission, why should you keep what you couldn't fight for? I missed a bunch of stuff from failing missions before. But its okay, cry some more. 

People fought for mods and they got it, and they should keep it, failure of mission or not.

I've only run maybe 50/60 missions I think? And I can think of only one instance where we failed, I've had several solo where I bit the dust being an idiot, and yeah losing mods sucks but why would you expect to keep everything? Regardless of wether or not it was changed because of something else? It doesn't void the fact that they made the change and in my humble opinion it was a necessary one. Where's the risk vs reward if you can just hold sprint run through a mission firing your weapon all willy nilly and face rolling over your ability buttons, pick up a mod or two then die and go oh well just restart and do it again I get to keep everything? How is this a logical train of thought by any measure? I've had tons of games where people leave or die and d/c and even in an unranked frame it was very easy to just run to the end and extract. You practically have to try to fail in this game, the only exception being endless defense. But did I read right that you just don't get the last 5 waves worth of mods??? If that's the case why would you ever leave unless a tower key drops?

Weighs chances of missing out a "rare" mod on a failed mission vs unpleasant encounters with exploit-quitters....

Think failed mission should get nothing  (though may be good that they keep xp, just no credits/mods/resources).

Weighs chances of missing out a "rare" mod on a failed mission vs unpleasant encounters with exploit-quitters....

Think failed mission should get nothing  (though may be good that they keep xp, just no credits/mods/resources).

Mods are not the boss drop people always quit for.

This is implemented so that people hosting can't just quit in the middle of a mission and still retain everything, while subsequently screwing over everyone else with a host migration.

Because losing out on mods/resources/bps because of one A****** is much worse than biting off more than you can chew.

This is implemented so that people hosting can't just quit in the middle of a mission and still retain everything, while subsequently screwing over everyone else with a host migration.

Because losing out on mods/resources/bps because of one A****** is much worse than biting off more than you can chew.

Too bads mods got dragged into this for no reason. Not like anyone quit for mods.

Too bads mods got dragged into this for no reason. Not like anyone quit for mods.

Let me try to explain with less words: less incentive to abort if you GET NOTHING :)

edit: Not to mention it would be highly exploitable with current void key mechanics.

Edited by CloudPies

Let me try to explain with less words: less incentive to abort if you GET NOTHING :)

edit: Not to mention it would be highly exploitable with current void key mechanics.

Not any less with mods. People still need resources.

Void rewards prevent quitting. 

People get void keys from defense.

Not any less with mods. People still need resources.

Void rewards prevent quitting. 

People get void keys from defense.

Void has bonus rooms with rare mods. Do void for bonus rooms, get rare mods. Abort. Keep mods and key, do it again. NOPE.

Mods are not the boss drop people always quit for.

They are two separate issues. Allowing quitters to keep reward will allow us to keep rare stuff we got even after we failed, but it will also allow drop quitters. There is no necessary relation between the mod part and the quit part.

Hey I just found a master thief drop on outer terminus!

Lets leave the squad to handle everything else

*aborts*

That'll happen if we get to keep stuff after failing.

ID you ever notice it happen before? Did anyone? Did anyone ever complain about people quitting in a non boss mission?

ID you ever notice it happen before? Did anyone? Did anyone ever complain about people quitting in a non boss mission?

Thats not the point. Its about being a squad and not some ego guys who just want x/y and when they get it, leave.

Those people cant even play those maps alone. Otherwise they wouldnt join parties.

People shouldnt get anything if they fail/abort the mission. Fewest of all rare mods.

Rewarding people for failing made this generation spoilt and whiny about everything.....

Thats not the point. Its about being a squad and not some ego guys who just want x/y and when they get it, leave.

Those people cant even play those maps alone. Otherwise they wouldnt join parties.

People shouldnt get anything if they fail/abort the mission. Fewest of all rare mods.

Rewarding people for failing made this generation spoilt and whiny about everything.....

My point^

Yes lets just start rewarding failure and quitters.

Taking this a bit out of context now, do you reward children for failing an exam?, do you reward a marathon runner for finishing last? and more importantly, Do you tell children there are no losers and everyone should be treated equally and that being special or hard work should not be rewarded?

If the answer to any of these is yes, then OMG, i do not look forwards to a future where failing is valued at the same level as succeeding, once you start giving people stuff for failing you remove the 'will' or 'want' of people to get better at something.

I for one would hate to see anyone getting rewarded for failing, be it in a game or in real life, if you want something you work for it and you succeed, thus you have actually done something worthwhile and have been thusly rewarded with an appropriate item or position.

ps. i know it was going on a bit of a tangent, but the meaning of what i typed is relevant to the OP's thread and the whole 'there are no losers in life/games and thus everyone should be rewarded equally' bs i have been seeing in both the news and on the internet, this attitude of thinking you should get something for nothing needs to be knocked out of some peoples skulls right now, this is life, not some cuddly perfect world where you get anything and everything no matter how hard you succeed or fail.

pps, sorry but this subject really bothers me if you did not notice.

Tl:dr, Failing should never be rewarded...ever, end of.

Edited by SchrodingersKitteh

Yes lets just start rewarding failure and quitters.

Taking this a bit out of context now, do you reward children for failing an exam?, do you reward a marathon runner for finishing last? and more importantly, Do you tell children there are no losers and everyone should be treated equally and that being special or hard work should not be rewarded?

If the answer to any of these is yes, then OMG, i do not look forwards to a future where failing is valued at the same level as succeeding, once you start giving people stuff for failing you remove the 'will' or 'want' of people to get better at something.

I for one would hate to see anyone getting rewarded for failing, be it in a game or in real life, if you want something you work for it and you succeed, thus you have actually done something worthwhile and have been thusly rewarded with an appropriate item or position.

ps. i know it was going on a bit of a tangent, but the meaning of what i typed is relevant to the OP's thread and the whole 'there are no losers in life/games and thus everyone should be rewarded equally' bs i have been seeing in both the news and on the internet, this attitude of thinking you should get something for nothing needs to be knocked out of some peoples skulls right now, this is life, not some cuddly perfect world where you get anything and everything no matter how hard you succeed or fail.

pps, sorry but this subject really bothers me if you did not notice.

Tl:dr, Failing should never be rewarded...ever, end of.

You got played into replying to a dead thread by the person above you.