Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Primes new player friendly?

DageWasTaken

Question

I'm a newbie, I've only arrived on Uranus (heh, funny).

My frames are Excalibur, Rhino, Frost and Valkyr (Ember gonna finish in a day). Nobody is fully modded yet, I just make do with what I have (eg Streamline, Vitality, Steel Fiber etc. and an Aura mod)

My question is; I'm planning to get Ash Prime, but are Prime frames easier or harder to use (and mod) for players like me who have somewhat limited resources?

Valkyr is probably my most problimatic Frame, since I don't have most of the specific mods she needs. Do Primes need as much (or even more) investments?

Thank you, fellow Tenno.

7 answers to this question

A prime frame is pretty much identical to the normal frame apart from their appearance, having slightly improved stats and sometimes changes to the polarities on the mod slots (usually for the better).   Primes also have an energy boost thing when near orokin orbs in the void/derelict where they give iirc 250 energy to themselves and nearby players but thats a bonus feature rather than making them harder. 

Basically an ash prime would perform no differently to an ash other than having slightly better stats on the shields and armor if they are modded in the same way.

Do primes need more investment... yes and no, you're better off putting forma on a prime over a normal one if you have both versions because obviously the prime is better but at the same time you can sometimes get an extra polarity already fitted to a mod slot so that can save you a forma compared with the normal one. 

Edited by LSG501

Very few Primes are harder to mod (Some have confusing polarities), most are easier but their gameplay should all be the same with some buffed base stats. If you have the materials and pieces to build a Prime of a Warframe you enjoy then there should be no downside other than possibly an empty resource pool afterwards.

Primes takes more effort and time to farm for.

Most of them have more polarities in their modslots so that might be easier to get them modded.

Building them might also take more resources.
So keep that in mind.

Prime Warframes look different en most have at least a little buff to some stats.
But aside from that their ability's work exactly the same. ;)

Not sure if i answered any of your questions. :p

As other have said, modding a Prime is pretty much the same as modding a normal. You just get more stats and polarities.

45 minutes ago, DageWasTaken said:

I'm planning to get Ash Prime

My build for Ash Prime that serves pretty much all purpose is:

Steel Charge (aura), Handspring (Exilus slot)

Vitality, Redirection/Steel Fiber, Rage, (P) Flow

(P) Continuity, Enemy Sense, Augment*, Armored Agility/Rending Turn

You can place Streamline on the slot I use for Augment and Rush or other parkour mod where I use AA/RT

*Augment usually depends on the situation, usually it's Fatal Teleport, but on Public games I tend to go with Smoke Shadow to provide invisibility support and Seeking Shuriken on Bosses to strip their armor (if I'm not going with Smoke Shadow that is).

You can build a pretty solid Ash (or Excalibur or Valkyr) with regular mods: Vitality, Redirection/Steel Fiber, Stretch, Continuity, Streamline, Flow, Intensify, Enemy Sense, Rush, Mobilize, etc.

Edited by Nazrethim