Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shields Constantly deplete then recharge then depelte

hsweet13

So for the 3rd time today and about the 10th time in the past 3 days I have had a terrible experience on the game. When playing in a mission my warframe takes damage 24/7 regardless of what is happening. I can be on an extermination mission, have all the enemies killed and I can stand there and my shield will deplete then recharge to roughly 60, then deplete and start to cut away at my health, usually about 20 or so health gets cut then the shield will again recharge to 60ish and its the same process over and over...ALL GAME. If I go down (which happens a lot in these games) and I then get revived I of course have a full shield again, however, my FULL shield then periodically drops by 8 every second until it is completely gone, then the recharge/cut into health begins again. It is TERRIBLE to deal with. It happened to me most often when playing on Hieracon, Pluto. It has happened to me on several warframes (nekros prime/nova prime/ember/frost) as well on different missions. PLEASE help it is terribly annoying to deal with, its the kind of bug that makes you never want to play the game again. Have videos of issue if needed for support.

Same, it's like a mild version of nightmare mode. So far I've only gotten it on Infested missions, but according to the above it can apparently happen anywhere.

I've had it happen in both solo and co-op, and yes, even if it's slow it's going to kill you if you lack Life Strike or something similar. For a while I thought my sentinel had been possessed. Maybe it's a cheap trick by Shadow Stalker.  

ya i having this same bug when i was playing nova. shield just keeps going down and recharge then slowly life gets drained. i tried the same map twice, helping corpus defence infestation. The 2nd time, everything works fine. After that, went to play some other matches, and the bug came back. 

I can confirm same bug twice yesterday. When a Maggot latch to your warframe the DOT never stop, and if another maggot latch you after that, the drain he cause adds to the previous one, resulting an accelerated drain.

Hopefully, get Valkyr and can regen my health easly but well, annoying bug anyway.

Edited by Maxpayne67

I get it every once in a while since last friday as well. I have only noticed it affecting my Nova prime when fighting against the infested on the Xini mission so far. It seems to tick for just 8 points of damage but once you get this bug it doesn't go away until you leave the mission.

I am still getting this bug a week after I made the post. Still happens at least once a day. When I'm farming Hieracon, Pluto and we are at 1000+ cryotic and I get this bug it makes me want to cry. No shields = instantly dead at that point.

I figured out a way to make it stop IN MISSION however it is inconvenient.

If you get the bug and you go down tell you're team not to revive you. Yes you have to sacrifice one of your lives so don't do it if you have already used a couple up but when you die then revive yourself the bug stops. If you are truly an unlucky person like myself then you might get the bug more then once in a single mission -_-

I can also confirm its not only on the infested missions. I have gotten it on grineer and corpus missions as well.

On 19/11/2016 at 10:46 AM, logan85 said:

I got this bug when i whas fighting Corpus so its not only the maggots....   :/

2 hours ago, hsweet13 said:

I am still getting this bug a week after I made the post. Still happens at least once a day. When I'm farming Hieracon, Pluto and we are at 1000+ cryotic and I get this bug it makes me want to cry. No shields = instantly dead at that point.

I figured out a way to make it stop IN MISSION however it is inconvenient.

If you get the bug and you go down tell you're team not to revive you. Yes you have to sacrifice one of your lives so don't do it if you have already used a couple up but when you die then revive yourself the bug stops. If you are truly an unlucky person like myself then you might get the bug more then once in a single mission -_-

I can also confirm its not only on the infested missions. I have gotten it on grineer and corpus missions as well.

Corpus?
>>This<< is the likely culprit. 
When is a Grineer mission, I'm suspecting that is slash (or heat) DoT effect that never goes away but still need to confirm it.

Edited by es3ado

The bug in this thread is caused by brood mother maggots. I've tested in simulacrum to confirm. I'm not entirely sure why it happens, but a maggot (or several) will get stuck doing damage to you forever until you die or finish the mission. It may also be caused by leech osprey, but I'm unable to get them to replicate the bug.

@Zinkaiser has an unrelated problem.

Here is another thread with the same issue: 

The bug Eternal Drain Shiled Mode is occurred first time when the maggots were attacking me, I got rid of them and for some reason my shield started to deplete even if I wasn't attacked by any enemy; but it seems it happens in other occasions too, like Corpus Survival.

It's a very annoying bug, because if your sentinel dies, you get no shield recharge and your Warframe is doomed.

• 3 weeks later...