Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Didn't Even Get A Chance To Shoot It!

Aishi

3t7vs.jpg

Can this be a boss?

Make it a huge mine osprey, whose weakness it directly below it, but the bombs drop on impact so you need to shoot at it a bit and get off. The big mines explode into mini mines. Explosions galore.

Slightly joking, but I wouldn't mind bigger bosses.

Seriously, just make them bigger! Humanoid bosses get slightly bland at time unless you want to make it pure badass like Keaghan from Vindictus. There's a multitude of dragons in that game that PCs are 1/50th the scale of and I still think a well-implemented humanoid end-game boss is more badass, so I'm not saying it's bland by nature, but... lackluster.

Would love to see a cargo drone drop a container filled with moas. Similar to the docking bay with the larger ship. Or jump on a passing one similar to the gineer asteroid trains to get to a new area.

Edited by Firetempest

Seriously, just make them bigger! Humanoid bosses get slightly bland at time unless you want to make it pure badass like Keaghan from Vindictus. There's a multitude of dragons in that game that PCs are 1/50th the scale of and I still think a well-implemented humanoid end-game boss is more badass, so I'm not saying it's bland by nature, but... lackluster.

a super huge boss that you need to jump up platforms to reach its vulnerable spot to shoot at, akin to those from earlier nintendo games wouldn't be too bad. hardest part would be adjusting the difficulty to match with the playerbase.

Dude, stop. Don't say that. Are you freaking nuts? You must be nuts.

Don't give them any ideas! Next thing we know, every boss in Update 9 will be a 50-foot Grineer Heavy! Do you have any idea how big those bullets are going to be? You've doomed us all! The moment Scott sees this thread, it's game over, man!

Dude, stop. Don't say that. Are you freaking nuts? You must be nuts.

Don't give them any ideas! Next thing we know, every boss in Update 9 will be a 50-foot Grineer Heavy! Do you have any idea how big those bullets are going to be? You've doomed us all! The moment Scott sees this thread, it's game over, man!

A la Metal Gear: Revengeance

Please.

This is the first boss.

Those dragon raids are possibly my favorite part of Vindictus. Of course, if something is good in that game, at least three things directly connected to it are badly thought out/implemented. Dedicated server lag, bugs, near-useless Lvl40-59s on Beokros, bugs, lack of any definite instructions (though Warframe shares this sin), bugs. And more bugs. And lag. And most importantly - the absolute microscopic chance of a significant reward.

A shame really.

There was mention of raids in an earlier thread, and I think that it would just be normal progression for the devs to, at some point, include a huge fight versus a fighter jet/giant mecha/mobile fortress. So far it looks like most people are interested in such a thing, at least.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys got your Raptor.

Happy now ? :P

hahahano.

Though, to be honest, I'm just not happy because the Raptor likes to bug out horribly, gets stuck into things, one-shots players that are nowhere near any rockets/mines, has a horrible droprate (potentially a bug), is a fairly boring statwall bulletsponge, and often moves in random directions.

Also, it's not very big at all and doesn't fit into what was discussed here. But I'm sure you know that already, given the ":P"