Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My rakta cernos build

VegasPrime

Question

Hey guys!

I was wondering what you'd think of my rakta cernos build. I currently have 3 formas on it, I have yet to max serration and I don't currently have the Primed Bane mods and Argon Scope/Bladed Rounds (missed the acolytes the 2nd time :( and didn't realize the importance the first time), however I have Crash Course available.

I'll use Radiation + smth else for high levels with 4xCP.

I didn't plan to max HC, should I?

1479649019-raktacernos-build.png

Also I've seen the Cernos Prime stats on the wiki... If it's accurate then it's pretty trash and i'll keep my rakta!

Thanks for the answers!

10 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, Nexecute said:

I'd replace Hellfire with Crash Course.

I hate both Heavy Caliber and Argon Scope on bows.

I need accuracy for long distance shots and Argon Scope only works if you're aiming when the arrow lands, you can't fire and forget.

So should I go with Bladed Rounds instead of HC?

3 minutes ago, Nexecute said:

No, has the same problem as Argon Scope. I wouldn't go with either. This is just personal preference.

Ask yourself - do you mind having to aim until your arrow lands?

If you answered no, proceed to the next question.

Do you prefer 1. Dealing extra high damage with a small chance of dealing barely any damage or 2. Dealing good, consistent damage?

1 - Bladed Rounds

2 - Argon Scope (unless your aim sucks, which it probably will with Heavy Caliber)

Me - Neither

So what would you use instead of those 3? I do'nt have primed bane :(

I cringe every time i see someone using HC on a Bow. 

Anyways, it's all up to personal preference. Whatever floats your boat some may say.

Here's an example of my Rakta Cernos Build : [Maxed] Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Argon Scope, Bladed Rounds and 2 elemental mods. 

Works like a charm :thumbup:

Considering your options, I'd say replace HC with Crash Course (that is if you don't plan to snipe with your bow) or another elemental mod (E.g. Cyro Rounds or a Dual Stat mod (High Voltage)) and don't concern yourself with Primed Bane mods. 

24 minutes ago, BiomiZ said:

I cringe every time i see someone using HC on a Bow. 

Anyways, it's all up to personal preference. Whatever floats your boat some may say.

Here's an example of my Rakta Cernos Build : [Maxed] Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Argon Scope, Bladed Rounds and 2 elemental mods. 

Works like a charm :thumbup:

Considering your options, I'd say replace HC with Crash Course (that is if you don't plan to snipe with your bow) or another elemental mod (E.g. Cyro Rounds or a Dual Stat mod (High Voltage)) and don't concern yourself with Primed Bane mods. 

Alright I'll give it a try thx! May I keep Crash Course instead of hellfire, and replace HC with another elemental? Or should I go for 2x elemental for a total of 4?

39 minutes ago, VegasPrime said:

Alright I'll give it a try thx! May I keep Crash Course instead of hellfire, and replace HC with another elemental? Or should I go for 2x elemental for a total of 4?

I recommend going to 4 elements. According to AGGP, you'll do less damage with crash course than a status mod. So adding a 90% mod will boost your damage.

It's a shame you don't have Primed Bane and Bladed Rounds. My Cernos uses both. You'll have to do x4 elemental until you get them.

The stats on the wiki are most likely place holder or a joke. There's no way a bow would do 60 damage.

Also  Primed Bane gives more damage than an elemental. it's only 5% less than Heavy Caliber. There's most definitely a need for it.

Edited by Xzorn

14 hours ago, Nexecute said:

I'd replace Hellfire with Crash Course.

I hate both Heavy Caliber and Argon Scope on bows.

I need accuracy for long distance shots and Argon Scope only works if you're aiming when the arrow lands, you can't fire and forget.

^^This is my exact recommendation also.  Almost for the same reasons too. 

Accuracy type weapons like snipers or bows aren't really suited for heavy caliber in the build...
Unless you are using it to proc status, and treating it like a launcher type weapon (mutalist cernos).

Heavy caliber is good for beam weapons (glaxion, synapse, amprex, ignis, flux rifle, quanta, etc) or spray type weapons (braton series, soma series) or even burst fire ones (burston series) since the spread is usually tight for burst fire rifles, or easily predictable spread.
They can be ok for launcher weapons too (Zarr, Penta, Torid, etc).

But generally it is up to player preference, and how players use it.

So while I might not recommend having heavy caliber on bows, you might be shooting it mid to close range, instead of sniping with it, so have at it.