Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie and 2k endo

Hedasker

14 hours ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

But you don't get it. The Sortie can be done daily, every day, for the next year. What rewards could they possibly put in there that would 1) be useful, yet 2) not be game-breaking?

Endo is the "Too bad, try again tomorrow" prize.

Rewards worth more than endo:

1.  Every single other thing directly on the sortie loot table(lens are a possible, but aren't on the actual list)

2.  Misc other items, such as rare container loots, finished forma(with the new relic system it's not like even non-endless people are running out), etc.

3.  Cosmetics---you mention yourself chasing a shield for looks.  People don't want the obtainable elsewhere in comparable quantity endo, looks are forever.  Let extra or repeat pieces be sold for credits, kuva....or even endo.

4.  Arcanes aren't a bad idea, quantities are worth receiving, and a certain acceptance of the relative failure of the raids in-game is probably past due anyway.

5.  Even rare resources in quantities that'd virtually eliminate grind farming are worth more than endo

6.  Re-weight the table without the 2k endo reward to give a better chance of getting the things people actually want, or even with the 2k in there with an equal chance of getting the other awards--outside of the legendary core(which should probably remain just a legend in this regard), a glut of these items wouldn't be game breaking.

7.  I'd actually rather get a fat wallet full of credits than more endo.  Yeah, really.  Credits buy stuff in many ways, and the very act of using endo drains your credits faster than it does your endo reserves----you'll get 2k endo as incidental loot in other missions as fast or faster than you'll receive enough credits to actually use that endo in the same missions.

8.  Who cares about the economy.  None of this stuff would break the game, all of it would be useful, much of it would leave people considering other in-game items or purchases.

9.  Primed mods.  A place other than waiting for Baro isn't a terrible thing, and more primed mods floating around means, among other things, a greater desire for endo to exist.  Consider that a primed mod costs credits on top of approximately the same amount of missions worth of ducats as would also bring around 2k endo, so it is a modestly comparable cost.

10.  Boosters.  I don't necessarily want them personally, but I actually hate sorties and am only playing them to get the Riven mods.  I log out when I fail.  Boosters might entice people to play more than their three and out, it's hard to pass up a few hours of double something.

Anything that offers different opportunities for items that are currently only in one place is a good thing because it gives players a choice as to how they will obtain whatever it is they are after.  Endo is actually modeled on this concept.  It's available as an incidental drop, from grinding up repeat mods, from statues, and from sorties, and really this is a good thing.  The problem comes in because it is weighted far too heavily, and because it is so readily available from multiple sources it's heavily implied, at best, that it isn't what a player is looking for when they do a sortie, whereas it's exactly what they are looking for when they grind a mod or turn in a statue.

15 hours ago, Hedasker said:

Is it possible to get anything other than the useless 2000 endo in Sortie mission ?

Can't get another reward since TWW. 8 days in a row.

There are several ways to get endo. And 2k endo as a Sortie reward is at best ridiculous.

I really wonder why you're always making the game frustrating for your customers. Do you really think I'm gonna burn some cash for that ? At this time I just don't wanna continue to play. Lead the customers to burnout is a curious way to keep them playing.

same here. I've gotten 2k endo five days in a row after TWWs release, then one riven mod and then another 4x 2000 Endo. Since DE mentioned an algorithm to prevent people from getting nothing but endo too many times in a row, i imagine that's what kicked in on that 5th day.

There would be worse drops for me (like potatos or lenses), but the sheer fact that there are those nice entries reading "4000 Endo" and "Legendary Core" right beneath them while the droptable seems this ridicolously onesided just feels like a taunt, especially while my entire clan is reporting similar stories EXCEPT for our two founders who have mysterialy dropped 4 and 6 riven mods in 9 sorties respectively ; ^) I'm certain they just got lucky :shocked:

´to get 2000 Endo 8 out of 9 times, the base droprate for it must be VERY high (im assuming 75%++ here, everything else would leave me mathematically INCREDIBLY unlucky and since my clanmates are having similar experiences, i'll for now say that's not the case)

This obviously causes the question, why the rewards were redesigned like this. With Nezha gone (THANK GOD) and the weapon parts gone (uhm they're a bit rare now) how did making the droptable THIS singular become the system of choice? Especially with the 4k endo just sitting there, it must feel like a taunt to more people than me.

I hope the pseudorandom algorithm that upgrades your rewards after you've grinded the endo one enough consecutive times kicks in soon because im losing my motivation to do these. I can excavate 5x 400 endo a LOT quicker than it takes to complete these three really really difficult missions. (no, this is NOT a call for you to nerf Excavations, behave :crylaugh: )

16 hours ago, Hedasker said:

Is it possible to get anything other than the useless 2000 endo in Sortie mission ?

Can't get another reward since TWW. 8 days in a row.

There are several ways to get endo. And 2k endo as a Sortie reward is at best ridiculous.

I really wonder why you're always making the game frustrating for your customers. Do you really think I'm gonna burn some cash for that ? At this time I just don't wanna continue to play. Lead the customers to burnout is a curious way to keep them playing.

Everyone I know is reporting the same. Must be a bug? Especially bad since this is the week when Riven mods were added to the table and everyone and their wife wants those. It is just a huge slap in the face to get 2k endo. I bet people are quitting over this in large number (in fact I know; my admittedly small Clan all ragequit except me).

It isn't about complaining for me, although getting a riven would be nice.  It's about checking the reward programming.  Since the update, I have gotten the lowest value reward 4 times in a row.  This doesn't appear random.  Is there a problem that arose since TWW update?  Are things functioning normally?  Is the reward accidentally weighted 90% toward endo?

• 2 weeks later...

The same useless loop of " 2k endo, 2k endo, lesser lens, 2k endo, 2k endo, lesser lens " and repeat. though I swear I got 2k endo 3 times in a row now. Concidering the two " common " rewards are 2k endo, and riven mods. I'm going to assume 2k endo is 90%, and riven is 10%.