Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if this is what happened between baro ki'teer and the fragments?

KisaPrime

I just had a thought about Ordis lore and the lore we hear about with baro ki'teer when we get Inaros. We know that all of a sudden a Grineer killed baro ki'teer when we do that quest to get him, but then when you read Ordis fragments and he gets to the part about the dream. He talks about how he has sand in his visor and the only planet with sand on it is Mars, which is where baro ki'teer lived. Ordan then also talks about that dream haunts him the most and at one point a little boy who was spying on them comes up. Which the kid looked starved like a stray dog and that got me to wonder if that could have been baro ki'teer after his mothers death.

What are y'alls thoughts about this being a possibility? 

I don't know enough about the gap in time between the Ordan's death and the grineer's rise to power to give any concrete yes or no. Normally, I'd say no, because Ki'teer would be ancient, but its been shown that people can live a very long time in this universe, so it could possibly be him in the fragments.

Interesting observation

Edited by bowiespoon

I Should check the quest again, but if i remember correctly the killing of baro's mother happend many years afther the demise of the orokin, as it is said that inaros attack an slew the golden man, and that they stop coming. my guess is that this is how the population aknowledge the tenno rebellion.

also ordis was no Grineer. from the fragments we learn that his brothers where called "mercenaries" and as far as we know Grineer where slaves, and later rebels. they never got any form of payment from the orokin, so they where not mercernaries.

as i said before i'm not 100% sure about my first statement,  i will check it later.

15 minutes ago, Durmstragg said:

I Should check the quest again, but if i remember correctly the killing of baro's mother happend many years afther the demise of the orokin, as it is said that inaros attack an slew the golden man, and that they stop coming. my guess is that this is how the population aknowledge the tenno rebellion.

also ordis was no Grineer. from the fragments we learn that his brothers where called "mercenaries" and as far as we know Grineer where slaves, and later rebels. they never got any form of payment from the orokin, so they where not mercernaries.

as i said before i'm not 100% sure about my first statement,  i will check it later.

True but then even if Ordan wasn't apart of the massacre on mars, he was still on that planet at one point and met a little kid that was a spy and looked like a starved dog. So he still could have met when baro was a kid since we don't know what he did after his mothers death. Though now I'm wanting to reread the whole quest for Inaros too to make sure I'm not bull crapping this. 

I think you are getting your timeline wrong. The story/myth/legend kiteers mother tells little Baro happened hundreds if not thousands of years ago. Also Ordan Karris became Ordis before or during the time when the Tenno were the best Fighters of the Orokin empire, as we learn in the "once awake" quest (?not sure on that/the introductory mission where the warframe awakens from cryostasis) that Ordis and the Liset are our Original ship and cephalon from before "we"(in this case the warframe) went into cryo. My guess is that is was before as Ordan doesnt mention the Tenno at all in his memories. As Durmstragg said the grineer were workers and builders during the oro empire, and the grineer which killed the mother were clearly typical grineer of the current time

23 minutes ago, mustache_kitteh said:

True but then even if Ordan wasn't apart of the massacre on mars, he was still on that planet at one point and met a little kid that was a spy and looked like a starved dog. So he still could have met when baro was a kid since we don't know what he did after his mothers death. Though now I'm wanting to reread the whole quest for Inaros too to make sure I'm not bull crapping this. 

Baro and his mother happend at a time when the story of Inaros was already a legend. 

Ordans story is at a time before the fall of Orokin.

Imaros murdering the golden Skymen (I think they were called that) = Tenno rebelling against the Orokin

All of these events happend at different points in time with no overlaps

Well from what I read on the quest line for Inaros, it sounded like that the Orokin Era ended and the grineer coming into power/budding super power that it would become today. Ordis/Ordan was made into a AI and given to a tenno to serve in the old war. The Grineer rose to power after the old war/day of judgement of the orokin. I would assumed that the boy Ordan has seen was some random person up till now a way to possibly have us a certain emotion which the storyboard team/lore team was trying to get out of us. The chronological order from my point of view is that Ordan did the sucide charge, turn into an AI to serve one of the tenno, and then fought with the tenno in the old war. After the old war, the tenno performed the day of judgment on the orokin. I do not know where Inaros becoming the god king would fit,but I think it would be during, before, or after the day of judgment. Years passed for the colony for the colony which I assume would be after the fall of the Orokin Empire which the infested set upon them. Inaros does a last battle to save the survivors and dies/whatever makes him not move. The colonist put him into jars and later the grineer came and killed almost about everyone except for baro as they came into power.

This is what I came to after reading the fragments and the quest line for inaros.

1 hour ago, Tallenar said:

I think you are getting your timeline wrong. The story/myth/legend kiteers mother tells little Baro happened hundreds if not thousands of years ago. Also Ordan Karris became Ordis before or during the time when the Tenno were the best Fighters of the Orokin empire, as we learn in the "once awake" quest (?not sure on that/the introductory mission where the warframe awakens from cryostasis) that Ordis and the Liset are our Original ship and cephalon from before "we"(in this case the warframe) went into cryo. My guess is that is was before as Ordan doesnt mention the Tenno at all in his memories. As Durmstragg said the grineer were workers and builders during the oro empire, and the grineer which killed the mother were clearly typical grineer of the current time

The dream Ordan talks about is before he becomes Ordis by blank something years. 

• 7 years later...
On 2016-11-21 at 8:35 AM, KisaPrime said:

He talks about how he has sand in his visor and the only planet with sand on it is Mars

Two problems with this

One, EARTH has sand on it

Two, Ordan Karris lived thousands of years before Baro

Edit: oops, necropost, sorry

4 hours ago, Damilarz said:

how do we know it was greneer that killed his mom tho?

There's an audio file of Baro's mom dying, and it's the Grineer

Edited by TARINunit9