Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Mods, Trading and Pricing

Cradicias

36 minutes ago, Vermitore said:

I issued a fairly subdued and polite response to your remark, so is there any chance you can keep your emotional outbursts in check, in recognition of that fact? Thank you.

As to the matter at hand. His statement was: 'On anything with a crit chance higher than 15% '. This clearly excludes the Boltor as well as any other weapon with a crit chance below 15%. That is what the combination of the words means when you give each constituent word its ordinary, literal meaning. Therefore, unless he was speaking in figurative or metaphorical terms, we are to take that to mean that he means to exclude from the discussion weapons with a sub-15% crit chance.

"Emotional outbursts". Wrong. More like me calling both of you on your saltly posts. We were and still are only talking about a Boltor Riven Mod. His original post was and still is way off base. A bad attempt to make my mod sound bad. Move on now. Your BS has been put in check twice....

Edited by (PS4)KnowLedge

53 minutes ago, bubbabenali said:

Tha fuq!? Some sorry noob was willing to waste 2500p on a Boltor riven?

The one "Toptier" weapon that falls off like a brick?

Don't get me wrong the Boltor Prime is a good weapon, but even a +300% damage roll won't bring it on par with the crit based top tier weapons with a good riven - not even close.

I don't find to have that much of an issue with fall off. However I'm not trying to clear the map from 100m. Also while there may be better weapons. I like the Boltor Prime a lot and this mod is sweet on it. Clearing lvl 100 enemies pretty easily. Also I like to have a decent selection of strong weapons to play with.

Edited by (PS4)KnowLedge

15 minutes ago, (PS4)KnowLedge said:

"Emotional outbursts". Wrong. More like me calling both of you on your saltly posts. We were and still are only talking about a Boltor Riven Mod. His original post was and still is way off base. A bad attempt to make my mod sound bad. Move on now. Your BS has been put in check twice....

Did you even read what I wrote? I literally wrote that I don't necessarily agree with his opinion on the market value of the mod. I merely commented on the interpretation of his claim with relation to crit chance. It was a purely linguistic matter that was liable to lead to some misunderstanding.

Edited by Vermitore
added question mark after first sentence

10 minutes ago, (PS4)KnowLedge said:

I don't find to have that mush of an issue with fall off. However I'm not trying to clear the map from 100m. Also while there may be better weapons. I like the Boltor Prime a lot and this mod is sweet on it. Clearing lvl 100 enemies pretty easily. Also I like to have a decent selection of strong weapons to play with.

Yes, as I said the Boltor isn't bad.

But for solo or public Crit based weapons are just so much better and there is one reason: Armor scaling.

At a certain point, raw damage isn't helping anything it's all about crit multipliers and cheese.
Or 4xCP, but then why use such a riven mod? enemies without armor are as well shredded with a Viral, Fire or Slash Braton Prime or a Soma (of course a Some, because what else -.-).

What I mean isn't the Shotgun damage falloff it's the "Now we talk about real Armor falloff".
It's like the Boltor, or any raw damge weapon runs into a wall, while Crit weapons go for headshots and possibly Slash procs on top the Boltor has no chance to proc slash and depletes magazine after magazine because he has a too low crit chance.

Edited by bubbabenali

8 minutes ago, bubbabenali said:

Yes, as I said the Boltor isn't bad.

But for solo or public Crit based weapons are just so much better and there is one reason: Armor scaling.

At a certain point, raw damage isn't helping anything it's all about crit multipliers and cheese.
Or 4xCP, but then why use such a riven mod? enemies without armor are as well shredded with a Viral, Fire or Slash Braton Prime or a Soma (of course a Some, because what else -.-).

What I mean isn't the Shotgun damage falloff it's the "Now we talk about real Armor falloff".
It's like the Boltor, or any raw damge weapon runs into a wall, while Crit weapons go for headshots and possibly Slash procs on top the Boltor has no chance to proc slash and depletes magazine after magazine because he has a too low crit chance.

Yeah I definitely hear ya. I have around a 50% status now along with about 1300 elemental. Seem to do the job on the Kuva Flood missions lately. Now if we are talking marathon survival I wouldn't bring the Boltor Prime. Soma Prime I would imagine being that weapon.