Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I turn off chat entirely in solo mode?

ShadowMark25

Question

As the title says. While I was playing The War Within, the thing that kept bothering me the most was clan chat message popups, specially during a solo mission. While every other chat section (region, trade and recruiting) I could turn off from options, there was no such option for the clan chat.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

4 answers to this question

Short answer is you do not.

Longer answer is open a whisper window with a random person (through the right click menu not via chat commands) and make sure you do not say anything in the whisper window. Now when you load into your mission switch the chat tab over to the whisper tab and you will have a lovely blank chat with no interruptions  unless someone else whispers you (which can be solved by disabling inline chat whispers in the options menu).

I dont know if its possible to turn it off entirely but if you set the game to private or invite only and select the squad chat which will show up when entering either of these modes. The chat bar will only show up when someone makes a message in whatever chat bar you are in and since you are alone in the squad nothing will cause it to show up.

28 minutes ago, Suncake said:

You can only open a private chat with someone, so the messages from your clan chat won't appear on the screen. Though, you will still see the chat icons.

25 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

Short answer is you do not.

Longer answer is open a whisper window with a random person (through the right click menu not via chat commands) and make sure you do not say anything in the whisper window. Now when you load into your mission switch the chat tab over to the whisper tab and you will have a lovely blank chat with no interruptions  unless someone else whispers you (which can be solved by disabling inline chat whispers in the options menu).

Thank You! Will try that when I replay the quest.

23 minutes ago, Hieracon said:

I dont know if its possible to turn it off entirely but if you set the game to private or invite only and select the squad chat which will show up when entering either of these modes. The chat bar will only show up when someone makes a message in whatever chat bar you are in and since you are alone in the squad nothing will cause it to show up.

I did think of that, catch is that sometimes my parents call for small chores/ dinner etc too. The only mode I can pause the game is solo.

Still, thanks for the suggestions everyone! Thank you much!

Edited by ShadowMark25