Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rising Sun Flag (Saita prime suit)

Tron_G

1 minute ago, Freakiq said:

This is as silly as saying the letter L needs to be banned because it looks like 1/4th of a swastika.

Do you peopole not play games with eagles in them since the eagle device has been used by countless regimes including nazi germany?

A simbol is a ideology, if you have a feedback on a simbol because it look like a problematic simbol (nazis or rising sun) then you need to change it, the germany did it when nazism was over, japanese are negationist in the case of the rape on nanchino. if a simbol instill a feeling in someone then it's MY responsibility AS A PERSON to make it change, why? because it's a bad simbol and BECAUSE it's a simbol it can be changed. Sorry but people need to respect each other feeling a little more.

1 hour ago, Noobverest said:

What's so WTF about it?

It's like 1/4th of the rising sun flag and besides.....

You might not know about it but the Japanese Navy still uses the rising sun flag. (As in right now, in 2016, very current.)

Its equatable to the nahtzee flag outside of japan and USA. Of course had murika lost the war im sure our flag wouldnt be tolerated either. Japan is buddy-buddy with the US but they still belittle and bully other nations.

Its just considered offensive. Same with calling the Japanese "japs" its offensive and incredibly racist. If you are white you dont go through black neighborhoods yelling the N word. Same magnitude.

Oh FFS. An optional cosmetic has to be deliberately colored a specific way to resemble 1/4th of a flag used by WWII-era Japan. I feel like some people are trying reaaallly hard to be offended at this.

That said if this is an issue complain to DE and have them take a look at it.

Also can we lock this thread before it gets more out of hand? 

1 hour ago, gompapa said:

You might not know about people live on the other side of where you live would get offended.

Look for the history contents if you want to find out why.

This is very rude DE... you can't do this.

I am with Sal.

1 hour ago, gompapa said:

You would never understand unless you are part of that culture.
Please do not assume you would know all these by studying Asian history.
I am not complaining, trying to respect those who has history background with this symbol.

Studying Asian culture/history never makes you feel the same as they do. It is just a story you know about.

Are you implying you know what that culture is like? Are you Japanese? Don't pretend now

26 minutes ago, onieyez said:

what did I say to make me a racist? wtf you smoking

I love japan, I don't like people who say they study history and then just goes on brushing serious matters off as if it doesn't matter at all to anyone

I did not say that you should hate anyone either, but I am saying that there are people who care about these kind of things

Same can be said here.

1 hour ago, TheDubsteppingNinja said:

Really guys, stop getting triggered.

37 minutes ago, XiNAVRO said:

The number of ignorant people who use the term "triggered" to defend a stigma associated with war crime...

Go ahead and say that the Hakenkreuz (Nazi Swastika) is not offensive while you are at it, won't you?

At least have some consistency and integrity being an ignorant moron.

I feel like I'm going to be encouraging pointless internet debates but is that a direct challenge? 

I can't say that the Nazi Swastika is not offensive because the specified symbol embodied Nazi racial hygiene promoting hitler's version of Aryans. If you want to be the "ignorant moron" and say ALL generalized Swastika symbols are offensive, then that is a whole different story. 

But the Rising Sun Flag does not embody Japanese Imperialism/Nationalism any more than the English or American flags. You can not liken the Hakenkreuz to the Rising Sun Flag because the latter was not designed to directly oppose any other race. If you think otherwise, then look it up yourself. 

Edited by TheDubsteppingNinja

1 hour ago, Littleman88 said:

I'm getting to the point where I'm sick and tired of everyone walking on eggshells because they might offend people over perceived offenses.

So much this.

I know people look at their youth through rose tinted glasses but I miss the 80's and 90's so much. This over sensitive culture that's popping up now is getting beyond a joke. 

3 minutes ago, --GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO-- said:

I don't know how much more I can elaborate. Are you Japanese? Do you know what they feel? I'm not, I don't know. So I can't say if Japanese people are actually offended by this.

oh I think you're missing the point, we weren't talking about if only Japanese people were offended by this

we were saying that there are people out there who are offended by this flag

Thank you for bring this to our attention. Im going to lock the thread because it is going in a unnecessary direction. If you find anyone using this in game to promote un-tenno like behaviours please report them via support with evidence, Thank you