The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please give us a Dai-Nikana skin for heavy blades

OHKOBunny

I don't know how deep in development that totally hardcore Samurai-esque Chroma skin is, but a concept I've noticed with these Deluxe babies is that they usually come with a new skin for weapons, too. The samurai theme of Chroma would pair well with a larger Katana, hell, even a Nodachi/Odachi, for heavy blades, and I'm sure there are other people who would love to spend their valuable plat on it.

Some people will probably say they'd rather the Dai Nikana be it's own weapon, but that'd be a waste since Galatine/Galatine Prime already set the bar disgustingly high, and It's much better to have a skin for literally any heavy sword instead of something that'd end up as mastery fodder.

I just wanna say, that I wouldn't have suggested this if not for the fact that Chroma's Deluxe concept provided a perfect opportunity to do so. I very much enjoy the whole deluxe weapon skins thing, and just suggesting it casually without some sort of relevance would make it even more of a pipe dream

4 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

What? What are you taking about? I heard nothing about a new melee type in the last Devstream.

They didn't directly say a new melee type, but they answered a question regarding Scythes, as those that we currently have are not Scythes, and they said that we will soon be getting real, large Scythesl. Judging by the "large" they will either be in the Heavy Sword category, or be its own new category. I doubt that they will add a 2-hand Scythe into the current small 1-hand Scythe category. Animations, Stances and stuff wouldnt work out.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

except the Chroma [DE]luxe skin is based off of a Chinese dragon, and the weapon skin you're suggesting is of Japanese origin.

can you see the logic error here?

Oops.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I see it now that you've pointed it out.

Give us a big ol' Daodao sword skin then.

Also, suggesting it as it's own weapon is still a very bad idea. Warframe has over 100 melee weapons whereas secondaries and primaries only have 70-80 each.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

no worries friend.

after looking at the doa swords some, i can agree that it would be a nice sword skin for the heavy blades, preferably the Yanmaodao or Zhanmadao

I just wanna cover my galatine with something slicey, they're both very nice.

17 minutes ago, OHKOBunny said:

I just wanna cover my galatine with something slicey

like a smaller Sword? all Greatswords really are is a big stick that you swing at people, when it's that big cutting effectiveness is poor compared to normal sized Swords.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 minutes ago, taiiat said:

like a smaller Sword? all Greatswords really are is a big stick that you swing at people, when it's that big cutting effectiveness is poor compared to normal sized Swords.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah but there are some pretty swooshy cutty looking big swords that don't look like Antennas that I'd like to use as a cosmetic.

We didn't actually see Teshin "dual wield" (did we?! pretty sure not...) so as cool as it would be to get a new Paired/Dual Nikanas weapon type* I think it'd at least be cool to have that look offered as a Nikana skin.

*more is always better until it isn't, right!?

Also wouldn't 2 nikanas be more likely to be Dual Swords than Heavy/Great Weapons if they got folded in to an existing weapon type that is not Nikana?

Cheers
~R~

2 hours ago, Rolunde said:

We didn't actually see Teshin "dual wield" (did we?! pretty sure not...) so as cool as it would be to get a new Paired/Dual Nikanas weapon type* I think it'd at least be cool to have that look offered as a Nikana skin.

*more is always better until it isn't, right!?

Also wouldn't 2 nikanas be more likely to be Dual Swords than Heavy/Great Weapons if they got folded in to an existing weapon type that is not Nikana?

Cheers
~R~

Dai-Nikana means a really big Nikana

like Dai Katana

but Nikana

Oh, oops, my bad!

I thought this was another post wanting Teshin's weapons and when I googled Daikatana I saw these pics and kept being wrong, heh 

A quick glance, 2 swords, called it good there. 

Spoiler

Image result for daikatana sword

Image result for daikatana sword

So that being the thing then Yes I am all for a Mega Katana Sephiroth Blade weapon.

Nodachi
Odachi

And am especially in favor of a Dadao - Chinese “Military Big-Saber.” 

Image result for dadao sword

n_24.jpg

Something like this would be welcome

Related image

• 2 months later...