Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will the Tennogen Excalibur Caduto skin be coming to console?

I have nothing against Caduto on console ;) I don't know DE's plan so far ahead in the future though so i can't say anything for sure but last time i've checked Caduto had already achieved the badass seal of DE's approval (a totally fake achievement) so eventually they'll ask for it (maybe) and we'll see.

You should get some cool stuff with the next tennogen release on console though ;) 

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 9:00 AM, HitsuSan said:

so eventually they'll ask for it (maybe) and we'll see

did i interpret this right? They haven't yet contacted content creators? Im slightly confused and disturbed by this if thats the case... I wonder how many tennogen content creators just plain haven't heard from DE...

... how did you made that connection? ^^ I've just said they haven't asked me for Caduto specifically, tbh it's way too soon cause that skin is fairly new.

Anyway if you're wondering how many content creators haven't heard from DE i'll say it's the vast majority. Even i have only heard from them like a couple of times in almost a year (damn ... almost a year O_o) but it's pretty normal for a big company.

On 11/25/2016 at 8:00 AM, HitsuSan said:

I have nothing against Caduto on console ;) I don't know DE's plan so far ahead in the future though so i can't say anything for sure but last time i've checked Caduto had already achieved the badass seal of DE's approval (a totally fake achievement) so eventually they'll ask for it (maybe) and we'll see.

You should get some cool stuff with the next tennogen release on console though ;) 

Awesome skin bro and thank you for considering it for console :)

On 12/13/2016 at 11:55 AM, HitsuSan said:

Thanks :D It's not much of a consideration though, i make this things for you guys so it's only natural i'd want everybody to be able to have them!

Thanks for replying bro. This skin literally made me forget about not having excalibur prime. This skin is so amazing that I will literally not stop playing as excalibur for a long time. :)

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 7:37 PM, HitsuSan said:

... how did you made that connection? ^^ I've just said they haven't asked me for Caduto specifically, tbh it's way too soon cause that skin is fairly new.

Anyway if you're wondering how many content creators haven't heard from DE i'll say it's the vast majority. Even i have only heard from them like a couple of times in almost a year (damn ... almost a year O_o) but it's pretty normal for a big company.

well we console tenno literally have only gotten only 1 tennogen skin. 1. Ive been sitting here giving DE the benefit of the doubt that the hold up was steam or content creators saying no. Thats obviously not the case. Pretty disappointed thats its yet another case of DE not following through.

Yeah but you have to consider that a console patch literally costs money (i think it's 10k $) to the developers so when they deliver a patch they REALLY have to be sure there's nothing to hotfix later, it has to be flawless. The problem is that hey have to do this while keeping the pc version updated with content so that they can keep fixing as much stuff as they can so that the console versions are perfect. Obviously to do this kind of work they have to give priority to more important stuff than cosmetics and as far as i know the next tennogen content patch for the consoles will have about 4 or maybe more skins (i can guarantee 2) and probably some helmets so it's a lot of stuff.

Also if you follow the launch of this content there's always something that goes wrong lol ^^ for example my Frost Emperor skin released 2 days ago had a problem with the custom shoulder armors that goes with him, somehow people weren't getting them and DE had to fix the issue working extra time... if something like that happens on console they would most likely loose more money than the skin will ever make.

It's a very delicate balance my friend, we can't be mad at DE cause they are giving priority to the game mechanics and perfection of a game over cosmetics... it's like the opposite of what a scammy company that just want your money does. Have some patience :) It's going to be worth it, i'll guarantee you that!

1 minute ago, HitsuSan said:

Yeah but you have to consider that a console patch literally costs money (i think it's 10k $) to the developers so when they deliver a patch they REALLY have to be sure there's nothing to hotfix later, it has to be flawless. The problem is that hey have to do this while keeping the pc version updated with content so that they can keep fixing as much stuff as they can so that the console versions are perfect. Obviously to do this kind of work they have to give priority to more important stuff than cosmetics and as far as i know the next tennogen content patch for the consoles will have about 4 or maybe more skins (i can guarantee 2) and probably some helmets so it's a lot of stuff.

Also if you follow the launch of this content there's always something that goes wrong lol ^^ for example my Frost Emperor skin released 2 days ago had a problem with the custom shoulder armors that goes with him, somehow people weren't getting them and DE had to fix the issue working extra time... if something like that happens on console they would most likely loose more money than the skin will ever make.

It's a very delicate balance my friend, we can't be mad at DE cause they are giving priority to the game mechanics and perfection of a game over cosmetics... it's like the opposite of what a scammy company that just want your money does. Have some patience :) It's going to be worth it, i'll guarantee you that!

I have very different opinions. Like that if cosmetics weren't a priority for DE that they wouldn't have 4 deluxe skins in development, that by the time the tennogen stuff would get to console thats its been pretty bug fixed, and that it waited for a more important update to get released with so its not costing them more money (like if we got a pack with TWW). I personally think they border on 'company that just wants your money' from time to time. They can take extra months on content that we don't pay for like war within but can they take the time to make the prime liset a full ship instead of a skin cuz they need that PA bankroll on schedule. Just saying.

also, we got a pack with 1 skin, maybe I'm slow but I'm not seeing how PC getting waves of six at a time, and us getting 1 skin ever really works out to any type of technical difficulty. They are in game and working. Getting that first pack at all means they made headway with both steam and microsoft/sony as far as permissions and payment. The only issue is them asking content creators and then bothering to put it in builds.

But regardless of all that, I'm not here to argue, I'm not here to bad mouth DE, all I'm saying is that its extremely disappointing that they haven't even taken a step that could probably be handled with a mass email.

I get the frustration my friend, the artists that are making the deluxe skins don't fix bugs and work on the code though, it's not like if they weren't doing that they will be able to work on something else... it's a common misconception ^^

Also there's no way you'll get all the pc tennogen content cause to publish it on pc doesn't cost anything to DE, well other than the time to properly set it up in the game and everything (which is still costly cause you're paying the people who work on that ecc) but on console it's very different. Let me explain it better, if you take 3-4 skins that are not so popular and you make a patch to put them in the game... there's a very real chance those skins will never make the 10k dollars back. Now think about this.. DE has to legally buy every tennogen item they want to put on console so on top of the 10k dollars there's the cost of buying them. I'm sure you can understand how much money they'll lose.

And that's the main reason why you only got one skin so far ^^ they really have to be sure it's worth it and the only way to be sure is to watch the sales over time on PC.

But i'm already telling you that the next content wave on console is going to be big and the more time it passes the bigger it gets cause most likely they are setting up a big patch of content so that the cost of delivery is less for a single item and you guys will be very happy for a long time ^^

Oh and another thing to consider is that the tennogen content is an experiment from their part, they really didn't know if it was going to be worth it or not so they took a gamble with the first content wave (that's why it was so small). There's only to be happy it turned out well and we are all going to have more of it :) even if it takes a while!

First thing, they released a skin for a frame thats one of the top 3 LEAST PLAYED frames, THAT was a gamble.

Second, If they do buy it from u creators to put it on console, that explains alot of this huge delay. More than anything else Ive been told.

also, just one more time for clarity, If its in game on PC and has been for months with all the bugs worked out already, and they wait to release it with an update already set to come to console, they aren't spending 10k to put in tennogen, just the 10k they were already. Also, compiling it into an update isn't any harder than putting in the Christmas skins we just got back. I get not everything is easy, I also know not everything is that hard.

n btw, I know artist dont fix bugs n work on coding (normally at least, some do). I wasn't insinuating that they should be working on anything other than those deluxe skins, (except maybe more immortal skins, totally different topic, I digress) I was just stating that to back up the fact that cosmetics are a big thing for DE. Fashionframe is a thing we have put a title to for a reason.

on further thought, if the problem is paying the content creators up front, why not have a preorder/pledge type deal on console. I realize its a new concept, but so is releasing playermade content on console. Have a thing where we have a certain time window to pledge in, if x amount of units get ordered, it gets released, if it doesnt hit x amount of units, it doesnt get released n no one gets charged, have a bar fill up to show how far we are from getting it released. I know its far fetched n DE probably wont see this, but its an idea.

Yes of course the cosmetics are a big thing for DE cause it's their sole source of income but that if anything else should tell you how much they're willing to push it to deliver a proper product for everybody. The Christmas content gets priority over some more stand alone stuff so it has to be pushed out before anything else in this month ^^ and the same people involved on working on this type of content are the ones in charge to get the tennogen stuff ready so it's always a problem of priority : \ You may think that problems are already solved cause the content is been on pc for so long but it doesn't really work that way, everything has to be prepared and re checked for each console (remember there are 2 and they are very different) so you are very right when you say it's not as easy and straightforward as one might believe. But in the end i'm on your side cause i'd really like for you guys to get the content i've made right away ^^

Don't hate on Zephyr though lol, Hagoromo was a really safe bet actually... i know it's hard to believe but the sales are not lower than any of my other works so that means that people weren't playing zeph only cause she was hard to look at ^^"

PS: The thing you're suggesting need the infrastructure to work, so you have to put people to work on something like that and you're delaying the content delivery even more. That might be a solution but who knows if they can legally doing it on consoles (the tos are very restrictive) and another problem is that this type of content keeps selling over time and it sells more depending on seasons or if it's for a particular character that just got a rework or something so it's very restrictive to decide their destiny with such a limited system.

true enough about my suggestion, was just thinking off the top of my head. N I'm not hating on zephyr, but as a first choice? C'mon... Not cool lol. I know alot of players n I can't think of a single one that runs zephyr often. Its nothing against the frame, the artist or the skin, it just seems like a lackluster "best foot forward" out of the pool of tennogen skins that seem infinitely more "hype-able" and have people waiting to get them. I dont know anyone that hates that skin, but I also dont know anyone that was waiting to get it. On the flipside on that coin, I know people who practically have lost the ability to say "tennogen" without the word "graxx"

I know alot of people who bought the skin to support tennogen n in turn hopefully get more tennogen content. I cant honestly tell u ive seen anyone using a zephyr with it on since the day it came out.

idk. I'm not hating on zephyr or DE when I say this, DEs choices just don't always seem very logical to me

No point on discussing this further, i think it's already pretty clear. What you see and what you think it's pretty subjective, DE obviously look at numbers only. But i don't want to keep explaining this over if we are talking about which skin and why not the other ones cause it will look like i'm defending one of my works when i just wanted to give you all a better overall look on the situation.

I hope i've been somewhat helpful :) have a nice day!

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 9:53 AM, HitsuSan said:

No point on discussing this further, i think it's already pretty clear. What you see and what you think it's pretty subjective, DE obviously look at numbers only. But i don't want to keep explaining this over if we are talking about which skin and why not the other ones cause it will look like i'm defending one of my works when i just wanted to give you all a better overall look on the situation.

I hope i've been somewhat helpful :) have a nice day!

hopefully I didn't offend u, wasn't my intention. I thank you for both your hard work and taking time to respond to me. I do like the zephyr skin, n do have it equipped, I just don't use zephyr enough to truely enjoy it. Really hoping I can get my hands on alata soon.

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 3:17 PM, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

january is our next round tenno .....

awesome. Cant wait to see the selection. This is for console? Or another round for PC?