The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Antimatter Frame Name] As A Council Member, I'd Like To Apologise

Asagiri

He would vote for a name he knows NOTHING about, but is complaining about people not knowing what nova means or how it relates (not at all) to antimatter.

This isn't ironic actually. The name doesn't appear to have any explicit meaning according to a quick google search, at least that I've found, so it would be a name for the sake of being a name, one that isn't meant to reference something rather just be a word to identify yourself with. Whereas Nova is referring to an actual thing that has no relevance to antimatter whatsoever.

Hope this helps amigo.

Love how despite the number of complaints on this forum topic, the name is still going ahead, this means that so far it is the most popular name and all we are dealing with here is a very vocal minority, a norm for the internet. They arent standing up for "the right thing" and "what everyone wants", they are comlaining that they didnt get what they wanted.

there is a fair chance that if the design council keep whining and complaining about this sort of thing they may well not get the opportunity to design any future war-frames. If you really beleive that no-one wants whats going on then i would recommend not wasting any of your time on the open forums, i would suggest that you go off to the design council, post your concerns there and urge everyone to upvote it if they agree, IF you get enough support here i am sure DE would listen, since you are the design council and you are sort of the players representative. IF however you dont get many upvotes at all (by that i mean well under the majority) i would assume that your veiws are not shared and infact, what has been designed is actually liked and the situation is as i had mentioned above.

This isn't ironic actually. The name doesn't appear to have any explicit meaning according to a quick google search, at least that I've found, so it would be a name for the sake of being a name, one that isn't meant to reference something rather just be a word to identify yourself with. Whereas Nova is referring to an actual thing that has no relevance to antimatter whatsoever.

Hope this helps amigo.

I don't know why I know this - but that name actually is a reference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirac_wave

Clearly the person who suggested it decided to change the name 'Dirac' slightly for the sake of a more feminine sound.

So ember is called ember because of the fire, frost because of the ice, excalibur because of the sword, mag bacause of magnets, and nova because of? how about we just name her flower? im pretty sure it fits in better with her abilities, and it sounds like a cool name

smh, I know people donated tons of money, and got the option to choose which Warframe is made next and etc, but they seriously shouldn't have been given the option to name her (lets look at the donators in game names. (some are fine, but the majority...(scroll upwards a bit, and you'll know what i mean))).

Edited by MyNameIsDraven

Hope this helps amigo.

No, the irony is that he's saying "people don't know what it means/how it's related, so they're voting based on what sounds cool, BUT I TOTATTLY WOULD VOTE FOR THIS OTHER NAME, even though I have no idea what it means or how it's related..." THAT'S the irony, not whether or not it means anything, that's beside the point.

The name doesn't appear to have any explicit meaning according to a quick google search, at least that I've found, so it would be a name for the sake of being a name, one that isn't meant to reference something rather just be a word to identify yourself with.

I am speechless as even the most crude search function offers hits.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=antimatter+%2B+dira

Warframe community reaches a new low and it pains.

Edited by Kasamoto

I am speechless as even the most cruse search function offers hits.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=antimatter+%2B+dira

Warframe community reaches a new low and it pains.

Uh alright. I said I googled it and got no results for "Dira". So "Dira" is a reference to "Dirac" then. Which is apparently related to antimatter. I don't see the irony still then? In the post I was responding to in that case? It's not a name for the sake of being a name, rather it's completely relevant, so naturally it's not ironic to suggest it in favor of something with no relation to antimatter.

Unless of course you're saying dirac waves are common knowledge or something, and I've lowered the community standard by not instantly making the connection between Dira and Dirac antimatter waves. Kind of an elitist and unnecessary remark if you ask me.

Edited by holdenmcclure

No, the irony is that he's saying "people don't know what it means/how it's related, so they're voting based on what sounds cool, BUT I TOTATTLY WOULD VOTE FOR THIS OTHER NAME, even though I have no idea what it means or how it's related..." THAT'S the irony, not whether or not it means anything, that's beside the point.

Fair enough

Alot of people are yelling at others in this thread being angry that their particular name isn't being voted on. But remember - MOST of the people in this thread aren't in the Design Council. WE CAN'T VOTE ON THIS. So of course these people are a bit angry.

We get to watch the horror from outside a bulletproof glass window.

As for the names themselves, I have to also disagree with Nova. Nova would've worked for maybe Ember, or a frame that's energy-based or "Sun" based, but it doesn't fit an Anti-Matter frame -at all-. Frankly, it truly does seem like quite a few of the people that voted for Nova simply did so because it sounds good or "better than the others" according to the posts I've read on the matter. They're not voting for the name that actually FITS the warframe. Of course, I'm not going to put everyone under the same umbrella. But SO FAR, that's what I'm seeing from most of these Nova advocate posts.

If I had to choose? Diraca or Null. Dirac fits totally. Null doesn't fit as well, but it's simple and fits better than Nova. If I was going for just "Which name sounds good" I'd go with Flux, personally. But that's just it - it's all Opinion.

DE should've given the Council control over which frame comes first. That was fine and dandy. But total control, from the frame to its powers to its name, has turned out to be a bad, bad idea - at least from what we, the general community, are being told. We'll have to see when she's finally released.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Alot of people are yelling at others in this thread being angry that their particular name isn't being voted on. But remember - MOST of the people in this thread aren't in the Design Council. WE CAN'T VOTE ON THIS. So of course these people are a bit angry.

Actually this isn't an isolated incident and the design council have a history of making $&*&*#(%& decisions, which is primarily why people are angry. This is just the most recent example.

Actually this isn't an isolated incident and the design council have a history of making $&*&*#(%& decisions, which is primarily why people are angry. This is just the most recent example.

Oh of course,  I agree. This has happened before; just not this extreme. DE's definitely looking in on all this. Either they'll let this new Anti-Matter warframe be released with everything the DC has asked and learn from this experience so it won't happen again, or they'll pre-emptively fix what DC may have broken. Again, we can't be sure HOW the new Anti-Matter warframe will even play out. Again, gotta wait and see.

I think y'all might be confused as to how much control DC actually has over this project.

In all 3 stages, stuff got submitted. Then DE chose what THEY liked best and put it in a poll. Even if the most popular ideas from the DC didn't make it in the poll, we had to pick from what THEY chose. There is plenty of fault on both sides. DE isn't the white knight that is gonna save this mess. At least not the way it's being imagined here.

From what I've heard, when the design council was tasked to brain storm skills for the "antimatter" frame, they basically ended up with a female Vauban.

They are more concerned about how to make the best defense frame to fit their needs. That's where most of the rewards and end content is. SO what better than a nuker with long range team portal abilities. A different kind of holy trinity for defense. Frost: Safety, Vauban: Tackle, Anti: Linebacker

They are more concerned about how to make the best defense frame to fit their needs.

It concerns me a lot that they're trying to design a warframe around one gametype simply because it's the current most farmed gametype. Although I guess that suggests at least a slightly higher amount of foresight than I had anticipated, which was something like "goes great with my favorite linkin park album"

I think y'all might be confused as to how much control DC actually has over this project.

In all 3 stages, stuff got submitted. Then DE chose what THEY liked best and put it in a poll. Even if the most popular ideas from the DC didn't make it in the poll, we had to pick from what THEY chose. There is plenty of fault on both sides. DE isn't the white knight that is gonna save this mess. At least not the way it's being imagined here.

Maybe its all a trick!

DE actually submitted all of the ideas were voting on!

What!

: O 

jk

Nova is a great name, and the powers seem awesome too.

Why complain ;/ 

Edited by pdxdubin

Maybe its all a trick!

What!

jk

Why complain ;/ 

Asuro clan leader and member of the design council ladies and gentlemen.

Maybe its all a trick!

What!

jk

Why complain ;/ 

The powers don't make sense for the antimatter frame, and neither does the name. It'd be like if volt was renamed flame, but had ice skills.

Unless of course you're saying dirac waves are common knowledge or something, and I've lowered the community standard by not instantly making the connection between Dira and Dirac antimatter waves. Kind of an elitist and unnecessary remark if you ask me.

Call me elitist for that I took my time to actually read the first hit on search and being flexible about searching terms - Because I was actually curious about the name suggestion Dira.

If reading is by any means "being an elite", then indeed, you have lowered the communities standard by not doing so.

Edited by Kasamoto

Call me elitist for that I took my time to actually read the first hit on search and being flexible about searching terms - Because I was actually curious about the name suggestion Dira.

If reading is by any means "being an elite", then indeed, you have lowered the communities standard by not doing so.

No I'm saying you're being an elitist by claiming the entire community has been lowered a rung compared to your glorious patronage because I didn't spend as much time googling the same word with different search terms and reading a similarly named wiki article, even though it didn't damage the original point of my post to begin with. I think you're just looking for someone to pat you on the back for your snarky as a matter of factness rather than doing what BlatantFool did and simply correcting me, rather than going on a tirade about how you're just so much smarter than everyone else.

No I'm saying you're being an elitist by claiming the entire community has been lowered a rung compared to your glorious patronage because I didn't spend as much time googling the same word with different search terms and reading a similarly named wiki article, even though it didn't damage the original point of my post to begin with. I think you're just looking for someone to pat you on the back for your snarky as a matter of factness rather than doing what BlatantFool did and simply correcting me, rather than going on a tirade about how you're just so much smarter than everyone else.

He didn't. You were the one who snowballed the argument, buddy.