Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Antimatter Frame Name] As A Council Member, I'd Like To Apologise

Asagiri

That seems to be the case and to be honest, I'm pretty sure that no matter which theme, powers or name would have been picked up/voted on. There would be plenty of these threads where people have tantrums, declare the warframe terrible (without even seeing the ingame implementation first) and point fingers/try to insult other community members by calling them kids/turds/whatever just because their own favourite options didn't get picked up.

This is so true. It's laughable how easy it is to divide a community simply by implying someone's choices aren't as good as someone else.

The moment someone's way is picked over someone else's, they'll automatically have a negative reception to it and no matter how much positive reinforcement it gets, it will never be as "good as their idea was"

Literally, this frame could be the next sliced bread but all the kids who didn't get their choices picked and all of the hate bandwagoners will still hate on it just so that their previous opinions won't be invalidated.

I accept your apology. But it's not your fault, DE failed us on this one.

I hope... I really hope it's the last time when "Desing Council" (And their mother's credit cards) were allowed to influence in the game that much.

Everything went wrong, from the moment of Power Type Voting till the Name Voting. I don't blame Council (not in 100%), DE had a lot of choices, they've simply choose wrong. Anti-Matter Frame that has nothing to do with Anti-Matter concept (Wormhole LOL), boring, useless and/or generic skills (If they can't ignore armor then this frame is just a mere copy of Ember, CREATIVITY AT IT'S FINEST. If her skills will be Armor-Ignore then she'll end up as a Saryn 2.0).

And now the name... holy S#&$... these choices are all terrible.

10/10, would read again

I totally agree, after recent threads on game difficulty through increased mob armour.

If she has no AP abilities all she is just another 6000 Mastery, one more step towards Rank 11.  She will never amount to anything.

If she has AP abilities then she will become one of the Elite Tier Warframes and be played beyond reaching Rank 30.

Check my profile you will see most of my Warframes have between 900,000 and 905,000 xp, that is because they hit Rank 30 at 900,000 and are of no use beyond their contribution to Mastery Rank.  The only exception was my starter Frame, Mag, which was used to farm the others.

As to Saryn 2.0, depends on her DPS, she may just flat out replace Saryn if her AP DPS exceeds Venom's thus demoting Saryn to the average Tier.

The unified vote of the masses is grey and bland and has no personal style. Democracy is the rulership of the mediocre. Same applies here. If you'd want a strong, polarizing concept, you have one guy get it done. If you want something that no one really cares about, you let everyone decide. It is a conundrum. By appealing to the majority, one alienates the majority.

DE read it.

AWESOME QUOTE, SO FITTING.

I don't understand English very well.... so. What's the problem? Those names chosen in a not clear way by DE?

Problem is of all the awesome names suggested for the new frame, DE chose literally like the 7 crappiest names out there to poll us on

Problem is of all the awesome names suggested for the new frame, DE chose literally like the 7 crappiest names out there to poll us on

Ah ok, so the problem is what i said. Those name chosen from DE in a not clear way.... XD

Oh dont you even star this S#&$ about democracy and all.

If you want blame someone for this WF being terrible in your opinion - go blame DE.

How many themes were sugested? Hundreds. How many made it to vote? 5.

How many powers were sugested? Hundredsx4. How many made it to vote? 20 or so.

Names? Again hundreds. Made into vote - 7.

We were choosing what DE have chosen.

If you have problems with power choices - I guess that you kinda missed the part where Nyx being mind-controlling frame has only 2 actual mind controlling powers, others being more about telekinetic stuff.

And remind me about any other frames that has actuall synergy of powers. So far I recall one - Switch teleport+Decoy. 

I am more for her kit being usefull and diversified then just stuck with science-legit antymatter. So yeah - wormhole is fine.

As for name of frame... gosh its not like it will be name of your kid, right? Nova is ok. Just like Vauban a bit far fetched if you think of it, but still somewhere around. Also - voting is voting. And if poeple like the generic sci-fi name for WF why not? I guess you also brought it on yourself by all that *@##$ing around Sar-I-n back in days. So no more controversity and stuff for you sanctimonious folks.

Edited by derclaw

I'm still unsure about the Wormhole problem. I don't care for the name Nova, strongly dislike "Molecular Prime" as one of the worst names ever come up with and have some issues with the blandness of the concept art released, but I love the idea for Wormhole.

A team-teleport tunnel from point A to B, at any given moment allowing you to relocate your entire team into or away from danger, to take the high-ground or simply speed across a chasm? I'll bite.

I voted Nova and I'm not sorry at all.

I thought it was appropriate because it's Latin for "new."  For a player-guided frame, I thought it was very fitting.

What if it was called Calories because it's a player-guided frame designed by founders who are humans who require a daily caloric intake in order to sustain their continued existence and without the existence of those founders we wouldn't have the frame in the first place.

Athena didn't win so the people who wanted a goddess are P***ed. (Yes, I know it was the name of an antimatter project. And I also know this: NO ONE who ISN'T involved in the naming (or read any of the ATHENA project reports like I did. Sue me, I am a geek and my uncle is a physicist!) will likely even CONSIDER that. 'They named it for a Greek Goddess... How cool!')

People hate science, so scientific names are out. People hate history so historical names are out. People hate math, so math names are out. At least they kept the names from contemporary mainstream religions out of it. But then, people are going to hate THAT.

DE can't win here no matter WHAT they do, so I guess this is the best compromise DE could come up with.

I am still going to play it no matter what the haters say. I have faith that DE will do the best they can to make this kludge work.

What if it was called Calories because it's a player-guided frame designed by founders who are humans who require a daily caloric intake in order to sustain their continued existence and without the existence of those founders we wouldn't have the frame in the first place.

And YOUR opinion is more important than EVERYONE elses...because...?

Edited by Kalenath

I still like how people bring up all the hate for stuf they dont like. Yes OP - you voted for Null, so did I, too bad it wont make it apparently. Gues what? Deal with it, you are in minority. And I guess DE wont bend over to please minority over majority - thats how it usually works with voting system.

If you want cookie that only you like - here we go with totalitarism and I guess most of you still like to have choice.

Devs may also just stuck their index fingers into their ears and proceed with making game THEY like without ever looking on feedback from players. Yet they gather feedback and anjust stuff how they look fitting.

This WF is a big sign of apreciation to Founders for god sake. 

Stop *@##$ing. 

Devs let us choose stuff we gona play with in future. And since all humans are different - not everyone will be freaking pleased.

And if you dont like how majority of "lesser beings" took away your fun - just stay silent, cause IMHO you have no rights to complain, unless you think that you were cheated somehow.

Edited by derclaw

I still like how people bring up all the hate for stuf they dont like. Yes OP - you voted for Null, so did I, too bad it wont make it apparently. Gues what? Deal with it, you are in minority. And I guess DE wont bend over to please minority over majority - thats how it usually works with voting system.

Of 100% of the voters so far, only  36.37% WANT Nova, that means, that the majority, is the 63.63%  DO NOT WANT NOVA.

A team-teleport tunnel from point A to B, at any given moment allowing you to relocate your entire team into or away from danger, to take the high-ground or simply speed across a chasm? I'll bite.

A team-teleport tunnel from extraction point to insertion point, at any given moment allowing you to relocate your entire team into a bunch of Toxic Ancients and away from the Cryopod, to get humped by chargers or reappear in the middle of a chasm? I'll bite.

A team-teleport tunnel from extraction point to insertion point, at any given moment allowing you to relocate your entire team into a bunch of Toxic Ancients and away from the Cryopod, to get humped by chargers or reappear in the middle of a chasm? I'll bite.

I'm assuming taking the portal is going to be optional. Pretty much they are taking what Portal was funded on, and cramming it into their game to make all the Portal fans stay.

Edited by Xoxile

Of 100% of the voters so far, only  36.37% WANT Nova, that means, that the majority, is the 63.63%  DO NOT WANT NOVA.

Nice try, but same goes for every other name moron.

80% dont want Null

84% dont want Cerna

etc.

97% - Diraca - lol.

And imo - Id rather make 63% unhappy than 84%. Also voting means that you liked name the most, not like others are UNACCEPTABLE.

Edited by derclaw

I guess it's not important because I'm not a Founder, ehehehehe.

No. That is not it at all.

I am serious.

My opinion is a pile of dog dung to many people on these forums. I know that. Their opinions are a week old pile of cat excrement to me. They likely know that. If not, it is not for lack of me explaining myself.

Who cares?

You are not going to change my mind, I am not going to change yours. Neither of us are going to change DE's decision and certainly not now that people have started ranting and raving like... well... Typical internet forum users. Trolls and haters and all the rest.

You want to say I am acting 'elitist' or whatever? Go for it. You want to be jealous or bring out the hate for people who had a bit more than others? Go for it.

See if I care. I will stay play the frame no matter what. I still bet on DE pulling a rabbit out of a hat with this.

80% dont want Null

84% dont want Cerna

etc.

And imo - Id rather make 63% unhappy than 84%.

Oooh moron, im scared!

That's really the BEST thing you could think of to say?  You brought up the minority, and were responded to in kind.  As you say.. " DEAL WITH IT"

Your defending the name "Nova" which has two separate meanings. One being "New", which would be cause for a rename as soon as the next frame is released, as she would no longer be the "New".     The other is an explosion in a white dwarf star causing it to brighten.  Which has nothing to do with Antimatter.

Antimatter is basically the opposite of matter (duh) that causes a large amount of energy to be released when it comes into contact with normal matter.  No where does that include an explosion. Or the brightening of a star.

Names like ceRNA, Athena, and even null are relevant to antimatter, be it through research, theories, being a physical property or whatever the hell the name describes. 

Nova is irrelevant.

Edited by Vahlak

Antimatter would behave much differently in actuality from how everyone seems to think it would. Too much sci-fi influence. Antimatter only corrodes an exact equal amount of matter equivalent to itself. To eliminate one grineer, the frame would have to compose a grineer sized blob of antimatter.

Or convert exactly half his body into antimatter, lol.

Which I know is completely absurd. But this is a game, so we get to do ridiculous stuff like this!

80% dont want Null

84% dont want Cerna

etc.

97% - Diraca - lol.

And imo - Id rather make 63% unhappy than 84%. Also voting means that you liked name the most, not like others are UNACCEPTABLE.

That 80% for null will change :X

Personal I don't understand why Nova got in, Isn't there enough iconic Nova names as it is ? (ex, Nova Marvel, Nova SC2)

No. That is not it at all.

I am serious.

My opinion is a pile of dog dung to many people on these forums. I know that. Their opinions are a week old pile of cat excrement to me. They likely know that. If not, it is not for lack of me explaining myself.

Who cares?

You are not going to change my mind, I am not going to change yours. Neither of us are going to change DE's decision and certainly not now that people have started ranting and raving like... well... Typical internet forum users. Trolls and haters and all the rest.

You want to say I am acting 'elitist' or whatever? Go for it. You want to be jealous or bring out the hate for people who had a bit more than others? Go for it.

See if I care. I will stay play the frame no matter what. I still bet on DE pulling a rabbit out of a hat with this.

Sums up the forums very well, and i hope they do pull this off, honestly.

Oooh moron, im scared!

That's really the BEST thing you could think of to say?  You brought up the minority, and were responded to in kind.  As you say.. " DEAL WITH IT"

I have no idea what you are smoking, but in such votes majority is refered to the largest group, and it should not be exactly over 50%. And if you want to complain about how unfair it is - well good luck. As far as I know thats how voting works. And I have no problems with a people not apreciating high-brow reasoning of naming frame Diraca and stuff. I just dont understand why you complain now.

Wasnt it clear from  the begining that all those nerdish and complex ideas just wont make it?

That 80% for null will change :X

Personal I don't understand why Nova got in, Isn't there enough iconic Nova names as it is ? (ex, Nova Marvel, Nova SC2)

Thats why. Because it IS enough iconic Nova names.

Edited by derclaw

I have no idea what you are smoking, but in such votes majority is refered to the largest group, and it should not be exactly over 50%. And if you want to complain about how unfair it is - well good luck. As far as I know thats how voting works. And I have no problems with a people not apreciating high-brow reasoning of naming frame Diraca and stuff. I just dont understand why you complain now.

Wasnt it clear from  the begining that all those nerdish and complex ideas just wont make it?

Yet here we are with something as specific as antimatter. Because it sounds cool. And a bunch of irrelevant powers and names to choose from. I've been against an antimatter frame since the beginning, and have voiced my concerns in several threads.   Now all i can do is try to prevent a warframe being named after something that has nothing to do with the warframe it will be the name of.  It's like naming Ember,  Microwave, dumb and makes no sense