Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime gold

lukinu_u

In the past, a lot of players asked for being able to color prime gold on prime stuff, include me (even if I use a color really similar to gold in most of cases) and now, we have it as the 4th colour, but there is a problem.

On prime weapon, there is no real problems but for warframe, when equiping skin or non-prime helmet, the 4th color is shared by metal part and 4th color of the skin that is not always metal, and here is the problem.

I will take as example my Saryn prime with immortal skin :
1480077337-20161125132714-1.jpg

Here, she is good (or at least, for me) but the prime bit are white and I want to change them to my usual light gold/beige but if I change the color of them, it will also change the 4th color of the immortal skin like this :
1480077340-20161125132745-1.jpg

With certains lively color like red, it look good but for a lot of other colors like my usual light gold/beige, it look really bad... 
1480077343-20161125132755-1.jpg

I know it can be a bit complicated to add a 5th color on the current shaders channels just for gold on primes but I think there are others solutions like allow us to color separatly the body, helmet and "prime bits" with a togglable option could solve the problem.

I know this request can look a bit "capricious" but with all de tiny details we have in current fashion frame like adjusting holster position, sugatra, etc... It's finally not a detail, and I'm probably not the first who want this.

Edited by lukinu_u

14 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

I dont see the problems on files. Body, helmets and primes parts have all their own textures set.

No, what I mean is DE is limited to 4 tint channels because of PNG having the Alpha and 3 sublayers, if I'm not mistaken. You can see it yourself when you work on a TennoGen item.

The way the textures are done don't support extra bits or anything neither, the Prime parts are integrated as a single mesh with a single texture overlay, with the only ones being any different being the clothes becuase they need to be separate pieces.