Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The spawn rate of enemies in solo endless content feels like a punishment

Autongnosis

11 hours ago, (PS4)dacorobus said:

I have tried moving from big LS to big LS and only using the LS at the 50% mark before moving to the next.  Ultimately I run out of big LS sites and dip below the 25% mark.  Then it is scramble time to get to evac before the air runs out.

Ye, that ties into the problem making it even worse. Every time you switch room, enemies that are spawned and take up space need to move towards you, at their pretty slow speed with all the pathing problems they sometimes have. At the same time spawn points are turning off and on across the map to follow your movement. That makes the spawn rate, which is already unimpressively low, even lower.

Basically, when you start having to swtich rooms to grab more LS towers, you're probably at best a few minute away from oxygen starvation .-.

Edited by Autongnosis

I mostly solo stuff and agree with this. Even with the alleged buff to solo drop rates (I never noticed much of a difference, but that doesn't mean a heck of a lot) for life support, I still have some survival missions where I have to hit every pillar.

Edited by tomnmillie

Just to add something. Recently I tried some solo Ivara runs, which was not a problem a few months ago, but ever since the Void change I feel like I can´t do it anymore because there are points where after I got rid of a nullifier another one comes right after. Combined with the low spawn rate as already mentioned this really slowed down my kill speed for no reason. I might just have been unlucky with the nullifier spawns but this wasn´t something that just happened once or two times.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/15/2017 at 6:23 AM, LightningAWG said:

Just to add something. Recently I tried some solo Ivara runs, which was not a problem a few months ago, but ever since the Void change I feel like I can´t do it anymore because there are points where after I got rid of a nullifier another one comes right after. Combined with the low spawn rate as already mentioned this really slowed down my kill speed for no reason. I might just have been unlucky with the nullifier spawns but this wasn´t something that just happened once or two times.

^This. While I'm not farming for Ivara, friend bought her for me a while ago, nully spawns, void and corpus alike, are far too high. I don't dislike them as a whole, though I do agree with some that they need to have a rework, you shouldn't have to worry about coming across eight or ten null bubbles all at once in most cases. I think something akin to maybe one enemy out of fifteen or twenty might be fine, though even then that number could get out of hand. I remember running a survival with a friend, we had five nulls come out of one door, three another and then seconds after those died, here comes a stack of what had to be six again. With the mechanics they have in place, that's just far too frequent. Perhaps on a spy or other stealth mission if you set off the alarms increase the spawn rate, but the default standing is much too high right now.

I fully agree with the difficulty/spawn selection for solo, or even both. While something like this could of course be burdensome to lower powered machines, it could also help them, or unskilled players, because this would open up the options to also possibly have the spawns scaled down slightly from what they are. Something like this could take a bit to implement but I think it would be well worth it. If there's any reason something like this couldn't be done in game, then I would really like some clarification please.

Granted I'm always finding ways to pull people into groups, especially back when I was doing the Limbo Theorem, I can agree wholeheartedly that something could/should be done about the atrocious spawn rates. I suppose it'd be nice for them to buff the spawns for solo play, but hopefully at the cost of nerfing the strength of these enemies? Granted that's already kinda done, but here, you would potentially have one Tenno taking on twice the spawns at hopefully maybe a quarter of their regular strength. Eh, I'm probably just too fixated now on being swamped by enemies, just like in those Corpus Survival Sorties... Good times...

On 1/14/2017 at 9:11 AM, Autongnosis said:

Well, for a number of reasons really, for example you can decide how long you want to stay and not be at the mercy of PUGs, without spending half an hour in recruit chat first; you can also pause the game and thus do extremely long stuff with breaks in between if something happens or you just feel like taking a break... Also, way less risk of crashing / lagging for lower end machines / connections.

not being at the mercy of pugs is the sole reason i want a feature to adjust this. check out shadow warrior 2 you can play multiplayer solo and adjust it to 2 player up to 4 player and also adjust its regular difficulty like normal, hard, insane etc.

kch2ylZ.jpg

Edited by EinheriarJudith

On 1/14/2017 at 9:12 AM, Devinee said:

i guess solo play is a unwanted game style. maybe usefull for farming ivara but i don't see any reason why i should do it for anything else

1. to avoid playing with a specific type of players (like Loki Prime that never cast their invisibility out and left everyone else to die)

2. to avoid playing with a specific type of players (like Loki Prime that never cast their invisibility out and left everyone else to die)

3. to avoid playing with a specific type of players (like Loki Prime that never cast their invisibility out and left everyone else to die)

4. to avoid playing with a specific type of players (like Loki Prime that never cast their invisibility out and left everyone else to die)