Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Impossible Riven Challenge

Laidain

Question

Kill 17 enemies while walling clinging or wall dashing without touching the floor and without sounding the alarms.How?Tried loki,enemies just don't group up,they're scattered across the map.Even if u use a sniper the enemies are still all over the map objects will be in the way of hitting them.You can't use defense missions to do the challenge. That's been patched,as soon as you spawn in and u touch the cyropod,u fail the riven challenge. 

Edit:Forgot to add this,as soon as you touch the ground the challenge resets.You also can't do a survival or Defense mission because as soon as you get in the alarms will sound and the challenge is failed. If u use loki's decoy the enemy will sound the alarms.using the decoy just makes the mission worse. 

Edited by Pratigious

11 answers to this question

It isn't impossible. You fail the progress on the challenge if the alarms sound, so you want a stealthy frame. Next, you have to be wall-clinging during the kills, so a frame that naturally is or has been modded to extend wall-cling time is best. Next, you want enemies rounded up, so having an ally there to help round enemies up for you using CC into a single location is useful, so an Ivara using noise arrow would help. Next, if you begin to get kills during the wall cling and you then fall to the floor, your progress is halted. Try wall clinging and kill some enemies, then complete the mission and see if the kills stick. If they don't then you need all kills done while wall-clinging or running without touching the floor between clings in one mission. If they do stick then it is not required to be completed in only one mission and you can then proceed to make your partial progress till it completes.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

Have you tried using Ivara?
I know this is telling you to use a very specific frame for a challenge but it should probably do the trick.

• Fill-up using energy plates
  • Activate Prowl
  • Keep on using Dashwire to avoid touching the ground
  • Noise Arrow to gather enemies
  • Wall latch while having a parkour mod equipped whilst making sure that you have a dashwire near you for emergency measures.
  • Hit them with Artemis bow once you think you have gathered enough enemies.

Should be doable on Grineer exterminate missions.
Don't give up you can do it.

Does the challenge fail as soon as enemies are alerted or trigger a level wide alarm?  If it from a level wide alarm, try an exterminate with Loki and Hushed Invisibility, use an amprex or ignis with Combustion Beam.  Drop a loki decoy in the middle of a large room, have the grineer notice.  Use radial disarm to make them all rush to melee range and go to town with your beam weapon of choice while wall clinging.  Granted you will probably need to be quick to pick up any stranglers so they don't rush to trigger a level wide alarm after and cause you to fail the mission.  Again if the challenge fails on the first enemy alert then everything I typed is pointless, but if its a failure from level wide alarms should work.

that was the challenge assigned to my first riven mod the one i got from TWW well at first i tryed solo on void survival but after some kills wile standing on wall i noticed no mobs coming so my advice is to join a full party find a big room and use ur spiderman abilitys on a wall wile killing the mobs on your los

Edited by HIGHDAMAGE

im not sure about sounding the alarm mechanics, requires a bit of testing, but in general this wall clinging challenge is easy on helene and AOE nuke frame like equinox, ember etc, just get patagium, start the waves and wall cling, sometimes it bugs out and u can miniwalljump upwards without resetting the requirement, so u can get an easy 17+ kills while wall clinging and doing absolutely nothing ~_~ 

2 hours ago, Oranji said:

Have you tried using Ivara?
I know this is telling you to use a very specific frame for a challenge but it should probably do the trick.

• Fill-up using energy plates
  • Activate Prowl
  • Keep on using Dashwire to avoid touching the ground
  • Noise Arrow to gather enemies
  • Wall latch while having a parkour mod equipped whilst making sure that you have a dashwire near you for emergency measures.
  • Hit them with Artemis bow once you think you have gathered enough enemies.

Should be doable on Grineer exterminate missions.
Don't give up you can do it.

dont have Ivara. 

2 hours ago, Nurmetya said:

I had one that was 38 kills while wall clinging, used loki, a decoy, and the new zarr. Went to an infested survival slapped down the decoy hugged the wall and just blasted away.

that won't work.As soon as i go to any survival mission with the riven challenge it always fails me.When you hack the security the alarm goes off and then i fail the riven challenge.