Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Should I Do With My 50 Start Plat.?

OuTest

Question

Hello, I'm a new player in Warframe and I was wondering what should I do with my 50 starting Plat.? I've heard that I should buy Inventory slots, but I also want to see what else I can get that can help me in the near future, all replies are appreciated.

10 answers to this question

Weapon slots and Warframe slots.

As a new player, you start with just one empty Warframe slot, but I'm gonna guarantee that you're gonna want more Warframes.  Having an extra slot or two goes a long way towards improving your stable of 'frames, and gives you more options.

Weapon slots will be the bread-and-butter of earning Mastery, which is necessary to unlock more weapons and equipment.

Don't buy weapons, don't buy warframes, and don't buy Catalysts, Reactors, or Forma.  You don't need them this early in the game, and there's ways to get them for free.

Weapon and Warframe Slots, truly.

Or, you know, some color packs and a Syandana. 

The only things you can't farm for and build for yourself in the game are cosmetics, and inventory slots. Everything else that is going to help you in the near future is Warframes and Weapons, which are very expensive plat-wise and designed to be farmed and built instead, but you need inventory to store them, otherwise you will have to get rid of old weapons (oftentimes ok) or Warframes (really shouldn't get rid of Warframes unless you have the Prime version).

1 frame slot for 20p and 4 weapon slots for 24p is probably the best use of your starter plat. Slots are only available for platinum and you need quite a few of them for mastery leveling and even more for crafting weapons that need weapons as component parts.

Personally if you have no intention of buying plat I'd get 1 warframe slot and 2 weapons (so 4 more as each 12 plat purchase give 2 slots) slots for a total of 44 plat.  You'll be surprised how quickly you can go though them.  While catalysts and reactors are rarer than other items they do pop up from time to time and if you only have the starter amount of weapon/warframe slots you won't need that many at a time.

Don't buy cosmetic heads as they pop up in alerts and are usually cheap to construct. 

Edited by LSG501

Definitely buy Warframe and weapon slots with those starter plats.  Definitely not cosmetics because they have no use besides looking good.  Sure, looking good is a huge part of many people's game, but when you're starting you need to maximize the value of those plats and best way of using those plats is buying slots.  You wouldn't want to accidentally get rid of a frame or weapon (quest only rewards) because you're out of storage space and later you find out that you can't get it back anymore.  Just look around the forum right now and you'll see there are a lot of people upset because they can't get their Mirage/Chroma/Ether Daggers back.

I can see people getting reactors for a frame, but I only encourage this if you are going to stick with the frame until the reactors and trading/buy plat kicks in. But how will you know if you love the frame? Research is one way, and I can say excalibur is definitely end game viable. But then you need to worry about planet unlocking, relic farming, mod farming, key building, syndicate mods (if you wanted to use them), credits, endo, etc. And that will take time...even more without friends or help. And by the time you make that warframe a beast you would have gotten a reactor for free (outside of time). 

So everyone else here is right. Use it for 1 warframe slot and 2 weapon slot purchases (4 slots).