Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx's Absorb has a limit or is it a bug?

kyori

Question

Pretty weird as I experienced this for the first time.... 

While during the last mission of today's sortie doing it solo, I have my absorb on with assimilate augment and I noticed the damage absorbed from the first raptor quickly escalated to over 35k within a few seconds... then a few seconds after,  suddenly nyx auto-released her absorb and died instantly after that....

Any good Nyx players can confirmed if there is such thing as a limit to how much damage Absorb can absorbed before overloading ownself? Or is this even such a thing as overloading?

Not sure if this is a bug....

6 answers to this question

It sounds like you ran out of energy.

Absorb drains energy when you take damage. The absorption drain is based on efficiency.

The damage is absorbed before any mitigation, so it can be fairly easy to drain all your energy past lvl 70.

7 hours ago, Xzorn said:

It sounds like you ran out of energy.

Absorb drains energy when you take damage. The absorption drain is based on efficiency.

The damage is absorbed before any mitigation, so it can be fairly easy to drain all your energy past lvl 70.

I still have a lot of energy. 

You sounds like absorb will require/used up more energy when it absorb more damage.... I don't think that is the case, it is always 1 energy per second when active.

I will try again and try to catch what is really going on...

9 minutes ago, kyori said:

I still have a lot of energy. 

You sounds like absorb will require/used up more energy when it absorb more damage.... I don't think that is the case, it is always 1 energy per second when active.

I will try again and try to catch what is really going on...

At base value it drains 4 energy per second and 8 energy per 1,000 damage you absorb.

At max efficiency it drains 1 energy per second and 2 energy per 1,000 damage you absorb.

17 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

At base value it drains 4 energy per second and 8 energy per 1,000 damage you absorb.

At max efficiency it drains 1 energy per second and 2 energy per 1,000 damage you absorb.

Finally I saw that paragraph in the wiki lol...

If so, then it means the damage raptor 1 dealt is enormous because I still have A LOT of energy.... last I noticed was about 35k damage absorbed which is only about 70 energy on top of the 1/s

Must test it again....