Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Prime Building (should I?)

DageWasTaken

Question

Hi. Ash Prime is my first Prime Frame (Still waiting for the possibility of Frost hehe). Since he's my first Prime, I figured I'd invest some Forma into him.

I actually started crafting Ash in the foundry a day BEFORE his rework, and as a fairly new-ish player I wasn't even aware of the rework. That aside, Ash is still one of the coolest Frames I've seen (Aside from Chroma and Frost) so you can understand my investment into him.

Anyway, how many Forma do I need to drop into him? And what mods would I need to make him an efficient killer, in his current state?

Also, should I be thinking about investing a lot into him? Is it possible that they rework him again in like the next patch? Or will it just be tweaks from here on?

Lasty, and this may sound a bit silly, what weapon looks good on Ash? I'm thinking the Nikana, but what else? (Something effective as well as aesthetic, is that too much to ask?)

EDIT: Also, I haven't unlocked the augements in Red Veil yet. I'm still rank 1 in Red Veil and Rank 3 in Steel Meridian, so Augments are kinda out as of now.

Thanks, fellow Tenno!

Edited by DageWasTaken

10 answers to this question

Bladestorm aside imo Ash is actually or otherwise in a really good place right now.

He's got really good base stats across the board and again imo really benefits from balanced and general purpose builds. And of course anyone can always go after a highly specialized build if that's what they enjoy.

I've been rocking a more general/balanced build myself for a while and with the new Energy Drain Nightmare missions really been looking at Frames with an eye towards their base stats, sans powers.

So anyhow, all that said this is my Ash Prime.
 (note: mine is a 4 forma Ash, this was in large part because I wanted him to have a functional Neutral Aura slot. Which so far has worked great on him!)

Spoiler

39856F078DEE992E68B94AA07D329551BFFA27E2 (1680×1050)65CF07CE4A9140A51AB15FF78BB7CBFE0762C06B (1680×1050)6CB89E9E349F0278B29F7FDFD95775526A66D09F (1680×1050)6991B78F361C616A3F758F2FF11A4AFF79C74BD0 (1680×1050)

(not that it matters but; the Dex Sybaris is only 17 because I formed for a Riven and I just finished building the Twin Rogga, heh)

Changes of course can be made. 

With this build you should be able to use pretty much any Aura. 
Smoke Shadow and Fatal Teleport can easily be swapped around or replace entirety with something else, depending on personal preference.
The same goes for the Parkour mod/exilus slot of course. 

If you don't care about the Aura slot then that'd save you probably about 2 forma(?)

Cheers and Happy Hunting Tenno!
~R~

Edited by Rolunde
typos, always typos, /sigh

I am by no means an Ash main, however I can say this:

• Ash prime looks awesome with any weapons and his noble stance makes him looks awesome to begin with.
  • I build Ash (Prime) for his survivability so I invested mostly in duration, movement speed, and armor. Again, I'm no Ash main
  • Get Covert Lethality for single daggers, and Fatal Teleport (ash aug mod). You'll basically be able to teleport right up behind enemies and one shot them. And you'll get half of the energy cost back.
    • I am not an Ash main, but I can guarantee you that Ash mains will at least agree with me on Fatal Teleport.

I mainly play Ash. He has a lot of potential if you invest some time into him. Mine has 3 forma and an orokin reactor, and I rock in most missions. He isnt favored in all types of missions at all times, but he fits in, in the majority of the content. Defense, mobile defense and excavation, has a lot of other frames, that would be able to benefit the team A LOT more than an Ash would be able to. But in pretty much any other game mode, Ash can do pretty damn well.

It really comes down to personal preference. I personally think he is a riot to play. Looks badass, and his gameplay is very fast phased and "Ninja like".

Here is my build in case you are curious. It's by no means the "best" but it works for me, and I can do just about anything an Ash player should be able to do.

Ash_zpsqy6l5sfq.jpg

16 minutes ago, (PS4)skins0208 said:

You should only need 1 Forma and 1 Orokin Reactor. 

As for the build i cant really remember exactly what i had on him (at work rn).

But i do know its very low Duration, high range, high efficiency, decent power (bladestorm build)

not valid anymore on the new ash

For the new ash build personaly i choose super effciency , reduced range(just a little). with long duration and decent power.

You will be able to stay in smoke screen and mark more enemy for your blade storm. 

I dont know if its a but but with fatal teleport with super high effeciency its actualy cost almost nothing to one hit kill an enemy so you mak for blade storm the easyer enemy on your way and Fatal teleport to the more heavy enemy while heading to objective.

At the end you can unleash the bladestorm and whipe the entire map you ran into.

Edited by trunks013

3 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

not valid anymore on the new ash

For the new ash build personaly i choose super effciency , reduced range(just a little). with long duration and decent power.

You will be able to stay in smoke screen and mark more enemy for your blade storm. 

I dont know if its a but but with fatal teleport with super high effeciency its actualy cost almost nothing to one hit kill an enemy so you mak for blade storm the easyer enemy on your way and Fatal teleport to the more heavy enemy while heading to objective.

At the end you can unleash the bladestorm and whipe the entire map you ran into.

This is true. Forgot about the rework. Got to rework my build now