The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How can we make mastery rank of greater use?

Phyrak

23 hours ago, Cat_Jam said:

>how much of the game you've experienced

Yeah, no.

I can make a new account and grab all the weps, get to MR22 (or 23 now, not sure) with probably less than 300 hours.

Not how long you've experienced things for, but how much you've experienced, as in the amount of content the game has to offer.

And the idea that doing it in less than 300 hours might be a bad thing? If i reach over 30 hours on a game i consider it good value for money. How many games out there could realy hold your attention for more than 300 hours? More to the point, how many games can you play for 300 hours without experiencing every bith of content the game has to offer?

23 hours ago, Cat_Jam said:

Also I said nothing about skill? But sure?

You can stop being snide. At no point did i say that you did, you've simply decided that I was somehow having a pop at you. I was simply saying that MR is a sign of something other than what most people assume its meant to represent.

5 minutes ago, chaotea said:

More to the point, how many games can you play for 300 hours without experiencing every bith of content the game has to offer?

Most MMOs?

I have put way more than that number of hours into Warframe, WoW, EVE and several other games, I haven't experienced all the content in any of them yet.

9 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Not how long you've experienced things for, but how much you've experienced, as in the amount of content the game has to offer.

And the idea that doing it in less than 300 hours might be a bad thing? If i reach over 30 hours on a game i consider it good value for money. How many games out there could realy hold your attention for more than 300 hours? More to the point, how many games can you play for 300 hours without experiencing every bith of content the game has to offer?

Same answer as:

2 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Most MMOs?

I have put way more than that number of hours into Warframe, WoW, EVE and several other games, I haven't experienced all the content in any of them yet.

(Not to mention it's a F2P game with 4 years of development)

10 minutes ago, chaotea said:

You can stop being snide. At no point did i say that you did, you've simply decided that I was somehow having a pop at you. I was simply saying that MR is a sign of something other than what most people assume its meant to represent.

If you quoted me and mentioned "...not skill" then the assumption has to be made that you thought I meant skill at all. You might've misquoted me or meant to quote someone else and I was agreeing with you with a confused "But sure?"...

People talking about Master Rank campers i play this game because i love it mastery rank is just adding to the bonus, i did not even bother to do rank 21 and 22 mastery rank exam because i wanted to be a rank lower than the mastery rank cap at the time :)

On 11/29/2016 at 4:24 AM, Kagisnad said:

-available mod slots on a rank 0 item [the biggest and most important use that automatically justifies ranking up your mastery regardless]

This. By far my favorite benefit to MR. Now if only they had stuck with their original idea and made your MR the actual starting rank instead of just mod capacity...

6 hours ago, GStonez said:

People talking about Master Rank campers i play this game because i love it mastery rank is just adding to the bonus, i did not even bother to do rank 21 and 22 mastery rank exam because i wanted to be a rank lower than the mastery rank cap at the time :)

How do you camp mastery ranks anyway?

4 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

I don't know where it's done these days, but some folks used to 'camp' in Draco just ranking up all their mastery fodder.

Oh right. I used to run draco, ahh sweet draco. Good for quickly leveling a forma'd weapon. No mastery for that though.