Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Gaming Giveaway

[DE]Taylor

43 minutes ago, djtotato said:

According to this my my country is still totally eligible for participation. Only different thing is the slightly higher betting tax. Unless you're telling me the total value of all prizes is over 100k euros, wich I don't really buy.

14 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Thanks for the replies, but at least none of you has actually been able to respond my question. DE could have easily given away the prime accesses as seperate prices or do another giveaway

Sorry, hopefully this will prove a better explanation.

using Florida, USA as an example - you can have a sweepstakes and all the rewards can have a total value of $4,999.99 and it be perfectly fine. however, once the prize's total value goes over $5000, there are legal proceedings and red tape to have to go through. Link to Florida's constitution and statutes below.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0800-0899/0849/Sections/0849.094.html

Now, the total value of the entire sweepstakes is valued at roughly $31k. the PA are apart of that and thus add to the overall value and causing red flags to pop up in select regions.

I agree with you in the idea that DE could have gone about this a little differently and had 2 or more separate sweepstakes to try and include those that are currently ineligible 

2 minutes ago, Aleix16 said:

Why a lot of Tennos can't join the giveaway? German tennos can, French can.. But not spanish like me, or italians? I'm from Europe, like german french or norwegian players. Why we cant have the same benefits?

http://www.sorainen.com/UserFiles/File/Publications/Guide Promotional Games and Contests in the EU.pdf

The authorisation, holding or organisation of contests is subject to a 10% tax or duty over the market value of the prizes awarded, which is payable by the organiser of the contest before the random combination takes place. This tax/duty does not apply to games of skill in which the winner is not randomly Back to table of contents 342 | Promotional games and contests in the EU – possibilities and pitfalls chosen. According to article 48 of the Gaming Law and articles 36 to 41 of Decree 3059/1966 of 1 December approving the consolidated text of tax duties, the tax must be paid in accordance with different requirements, which will depend on whether or not the contestant has purchased a product in order to be eligible to participate in the contest:

• When the purchase of a product is necessary in order to be eligible to participate in a contest, the must submit a tax declaration before the tax authorities in order to facilitate the assessment of the gaming tax as set out in article 48 of the Gaming Law. In this document the operator must specify the particular rules of the game and the amount of the prizes awarded (tax base).

• When there is no need to purchase a product to participate in a contest, the operator must submit form 685 before the tax authorities in order to self-assess its gaming tax as set out in articles 36 and the following of Decree 3059/1966. See https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/AEAT.sede/procedimientoini/ GC17.shtml

We've had lots of this kind of giveaways here in Spain without any kind of problem like this in the past.

2 minutes ago, djtotato said:

http://www.sorainen.com/UserFiles/File/Publications/Guide Promotional Games and Contests in the EU.pdf

Croatia only allowed Croatia companies.

Greece has special rules if prizes value up some unspecified amount

go on to another game because of this?? why???

I don't really know if this here applies: "Promotions via social media that require sharing certain content with the participants contact network and the network has not allowed this, may constitute an infringement of the prohibition on submitting unsolicited marketing materials through telematics."

But that's the only (really vague) thing that could prevent Spain from being an ilegible country for this giveaway. The rest of points are pretty much covered already.

If it IS the case, though, this giveaway could become pretty shady... As I interpret it (please, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I would love to completely understand it), this would mean that the giveaway requires us to share certain content via social media (which is true and pretty much fine these days) but the social media (let's call it Twitter, so it's easier to follow this reasoning) used to do this hasn't agreed with DE for this giveaway to be covered with them.

I find it absolutely hilarious that Canadians will have to complete a mathematics skills testing in order to claim their prize.

From section 5 of the giveaway rules:

If entrant is a resident of Canada: correctly answer without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered at a mutually convenient time in person or by telephone.

1 minute ago, lolthesystem said:

We've had lots of this kind of giveaways here in Spain without any kind of problem like this in the past.

I don't really know if this here applies: "Promotions via social media that require sharing certain content with the participants contact network and the network has not allowed this, may constitute an infringement of the prohibition on submitting unsolicited marketing materials through telematics."

But that's the only (really vague) thing that could prevent Spain from being an ilegible country for this giveaway. The rest of points are pretty much covered already.

If it IS the case, though, this giveaway could become pretty shady... As I interpret it (please, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I would love to completely understand it), this would mean that the giveaway requires us to share certain content via social media (which is true and pretty much fine these days) but the social media (let's call it Twitter, so it's easier to follow this reasoning) used to do this hasn't agreed with DE for this giveaway to be covered with them.

page 338 has full contents for spain. the table just an easy sum-up

as i previously replied to u there's 10% tax duty of rewarded value. i guess thats the reason.

3 minutes ago, djtotato said:

The authorisation, holding or organisation of contests is subject to a 10% tax or duty over the market value of the prizes awarded, which is payable by the organiser of the contest before the random combination takes place. This tax/duty does not apply to games of skill in which the winner is not randomly Back to table of contents 342 | Promotional games and contests in the EU – possibilities and pitfalls chosen. According to article 48 of the Gaming Law and articles 36 to 41 of Decree 3059/1966 of 1 December approving the consolidated text of tax duties, the tax must be paid in accordance with different requirements, which will depend on whether or not the contestant has purchased a product in order to be eligible to participate in the contest:

• When the purchase of a product is necessary in order to be eligible to participate in a contest, the must submit a tax declaration before the tax authorities in order to facilitate the assessment of the gaming tax as set out in article 48 of the Gaming Law. In this document the operator must specify the particular rules of the game and the amount of the prizes awarded (tax base).

• When there is no need to purchase a product to participate in a contest, the operator must submit form 685 before the tax authorities in order to self-assess its gaming tax as set out in articles 36 and the following of Decree 3059/1966. See https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/AEAT.sede/procedimientoini/ GC17.shtml

Thank you for explaining, I was already searching the spanish laws.. 

3 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

Lol, I'm enjoying a giveaway on the other side, that's kinda funny.

EDIT: wait no italians allowed? I guess fun is over before it even started. 

exactly... Why am I even allowed (or you) to enter the giveaway if Italy isn't in the eligibility list ?? ... meh

12 minutes ago, PAX_NL said:

According to this my my country is still totally eligible for participation. Only different thing is the slightly higher betting tax. Unless you're telling me the total value of all prizes is over 100k euros, wich I don't really buy.

idk ur country but the pdf only tells sums-up info in the table format

at the end of the pdf u can find the full rules of each country regarding to tax or duty or other issues

3 minutes ago, djtotato said:

page 338 has full contents for spain. the table just an easy sum-up

as i previously replied to u there's 10% tax duty of rewarded value. i guess thats the reason.

So it's basically a money issue because DE doesn't want to put up with our taxes. Seems understandable, then. 3.100 euros is a really high sum to pay just to be able to do a free giveaway (which isn't even assured to be won in Spain).

This is just a little peek at what's wrong with our country, folks! You have to pay A LOT just to give something for free! And the money isn't even used for infrastructures that we really need, but instead used in laughable projects like the Castellon airport that aren't even open since they were built! :D

Thank god I'm leaving this country in the close future...